It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man playing real-life Frogger hit by car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Man playing real-life Frogger hit by car

www.news.com.au

A MAN was taken to hospital after police in South Carolina say he was hit by an SUV while playing a real-life version of the video game Frogger.

Authorities said the 23-year-old man was taken to a hospital in Anderson after he was struck at around 9pm on Monday local time.

In the Frogger arcade game, players move frogs through traffic on a busy road and through a hazard-filled river.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

'Before he was hit, police say the man had been discussing the game with his friends.

Chief Jimmy Dixon says the man yelled "go" and darted into oncoming traffic in the four-lane highway.

No charges are expected against the driver. The name of the man who was struck has not been released. He was in stable condition last night.

Well thats just insane! I guess it was a dare or for a thrill, didnt turn out too well though for this individual and the driver isnt being charged as it appears the person he hit was being extremelt negligent im guessing.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-12-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 30/12/10 by argentus because: added ex tags

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well, better he get hit by a car than have a fail attempt jumping on the head of an alligator.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Sounds more like Grand Theft Auto than Frogger. Unless he was planning on jumping on the back of a crocodile once he crossed the road!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
At least this numpty only injured himself, one for the Darwin awards I think.

Wonder what it would be like if someone thought that doing a real life Call of Duty was fun and that the other 'players' would be alright as they can simply respawn?.

Oh wait , that why soldiers sign up isn't it? to fight the bad guys and get points.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Looks to me like another village lost it's idiot ... and a tragic loss it is not

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
See? Look what happened to simple video games! It made certain persons believe that playing "Frogger" in real life is fun when that guy almost lost his life instead! How much more foolish could people be when they play more VIOLENT video games and take that to the extreme and apply their gaming addiction in real life?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

So your saying a game made him believe it was fun to play frogger in real life? It's the games fault he did this? A game that I am not even sure is made anymore?

I don't think it is the games fault at all, the guy is an idiot. It is HIS fault for being dumb to think playing in traffic was a good idea.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
See? Look what happened to simple video games! It made certain persons believe that playing "Frogger" in real life is fun when that guy almost lost his life instead! How much more foolish could people be when they play more VIOLENT video games and take that to the extreme and apply their gaming addiction in real life?

I'm calling an air strike on your position.

"Friendly air strike on the way"

Oh you respawned.... well then, cop this !!!

*Lobs an rpg at you*

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Living proof that cousins shouldnt breed... Probably thinks everything he sees on television is true too...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The Frog Of War

While it's tempting to laugh at the victim based on the story, security camera footage from the scene is inconclusive...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I sure hope hell rethink his lack of entertainment options. Sounds like he need the ps3, or Xbox 360. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THAT MAN A GAME SYSTEM! PLEASE!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
In the words of true legend

"I don't think we lost a cure for cancer with that one"

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This in fact proof of Darwin's Natural Selection in effect. Nature has its means ofr culling the redundant and the stupid

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Frog Of War

While it's tempting to laugh at the victim based on the story, security camera footage from the scene is inconclusive...

oh my.... I can not thank you enough for making my whole evening! I was in a horrible mood until about 3 seconds ago when I saw you post. This is golden

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It sounds rather callous, but I'm sort of glad that he got hit. It will teach him not to do insipidly stupid things in the future.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The first thought I had when I read this story was an episode on the series Seinfeld, when George was trying to get a Frogger machine across a street in NYC. Love some of the comments on this thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Good thing he didn't decide to play Mario... I mean, imagine it... A guy going around jumping on your head... Going down into the sewer pipes... Kind of stinky down there.....

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
wow not really injured he got, didnt he? I therfore cant help finding this extremely hilarious. I remember playing Frogger (spectrum!) as a kid and remember being 23 as well.

I guess what we have here is a clear case of transitory-mental-illness-due-to-youth,
a true illness I wish we were not so cured of.
edit on 30-12-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

well obviously he couldnt dodge a wrench either

wouldnt want that guy on my dodgeball team

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join