It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO Formation Oakland December

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

But what about the 2nd video he posted?

ECETI and the Gilliland Ranch have been featured prominently on ATS.....somewhere there's an ATS VIDEO of a trip undertaken by some staff....I last saw it about two years ago, or so.

THAT video?
Well, obviously very different than the one from OAK....those "lights" are translating across the sky nearly overhead, at a high azimuth.

The stars behind them are not occluded. SO< the "lights" don't appear tp represent tradiational "lights" attached or installed on a solid object.

To hazard a guess, though...based on that three minutes, the formation altering VERY little, and their apparent velocity, respective to the background (fixed) lights, which are of course, stars.....

....they sure look like three orbiting satellites. The video description is long....did they say what time of night it was? How soon after sunset? (Sats can catch sunlight, due to the geometery of the globe, well after your local "sundown" and the terinmator shadow has covered your area on the Earth's surface).

I guess, next step, is to try to find out if any such experiment, or any known satellites have been launched in such an orbit, where they are "in formation" in that manner....

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

So another words, unless lights appear over the plains of the Serengeti, the Antarctica ice cap or Mojave desert UFOs cannot nor do not share the skies while there are planes nearby.

I did not get that memo. My bad!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Do you honestly believe that 3 satellites measuring maybe 10x5 meters would be visible from Earth?

Thats a good one.

Whats the average orbital velocity of a satellite anyway?

Answer: Apparently its 17,000 MPH. Thats pretty fast, Much faster then those 3 dots appear to be moving.

Military or ET - Pick one

edit on 29-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I see this illusion when a dozen or so planes are coming from western NJ into Newark Airport. The first time I saw it from my rooftop, I really did think they were U.F.O.'s for the first 10-15minutes. All those miles coming straight in does give the illusion they are still for most of the time. Thanks for sharing, but all I honestly see are planes.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Check these unwantedpublicity.media.officelive.com... out. I see the military has triangle UFO type aircraft. Could be? An older couple I know (early 50's) told me they saw one of these black triangles up really close in St. Martin a couple years back. I'm inclined to think they are ours.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

And they held a triangular formation for 10 minutes too?
Okay.
I wasn't there. Perhaps.

In all my sky-gazing years on this planet, looking for my space-brothers to arrive, I've YET to see 3 airplanes flying in tandem, in triangular formation for more than, 15 seconds. And at the 8th second, I was able to deduce they were planes!

Oh well.....maybe it's just my Human luck.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Do you honestly believe that 3 satellites measuring maybe 10x5 meters would be visible from Earth?

Thats a good one.

Whats the average orbital velocity of a satellite anyway?

Answer: Apparently its 17,000 MPH. Thats pretty fast, Much faster then those 3 dots appear to be moving.

Military or ET - Pick one

I absolutely think those were satellites. Do you have any clue what a 17,000mph bird looks like from the ground?
I do.
Just like the video in question.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
Check these unwantedpublicity.media.officelive.com... out. I see the military has triangle UFO type aircraft. Could be? An older couple I know (early 50's) told me they saw one of these black triangles up really close in St. Martin a couple years back. I'm inclined to think they are ours.

Let's let Weed take this one.

How many say he'll say kites? (raise your hands)
How many say he'll say Stealth plane?
How many say he'll say 'prove it'?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Then explain to me why I've never seen one, should they not be everywhere at night?

I stargaze frequently, and I've never seen one of these. Apparently there should be thousands of them.

And to our great fortune, we happen to see 3 in a perfect triangular pattern moving down the horizon?

Give me a break! You're fantasizing more then we are at the possibility they could be military or ET planes by saying they at Satellites.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
And they held a triangular formation for 10 minutes too?

Yes, Actually. One plane could be 5 miles away, another could be 10 and another could be 15. The fact that we see 3 lights in a linear shot does not mean that these objects are right next to each other. They were flying similar trajectory to Newark International and like I said, they almost seemed stationary from first appearance for 10-15 minutes. This will no doubt motivate me to go up to the roof when the snow clears and take some video. In my humble opinion and that's all it is, I have seen this before, and it was airplanes.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Damn street lights will get ya everytime...
. All hail our alien streetlights masters.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Then explain to me why I've never seen one, should they not be everywhere at night?

I stargaze frequently, and I've never seen one of these. Apparently there should be thousands of them.

And to our great fortune, we happen to see 3 in a perfect triangular pattern moving down the horizon?

Give me a break! You're fantasizing more then we are at the possibility they could be military or ET planes by saying they at Satellites.

You're quite naive.
Check out Heavensabove.com for satellite tracking.
There's even an iPhone app to find them in your area.
If you've never seen a satellite, then how can you speak intelligently about what we're seeing?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I look up at the sky nearly every night, and I have never seen a Satellite in a cluster of 3 moving through the sky in a triangular pattern. Ever. (With the naked eye)

How can you call me naive for having an opinion? They are not satellites.

I will download the app and give it a try though. Perhaps I will eat my words

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What I would strongly suggest you do first, is stop calling people "idiots".

Next, go do some actual "UFO" sighting for yourself. Depending on where you live, of course.....it may not be feasible. Meaning, what you will need primarily is a busy major airport nearby. IF you have that, then scout for a location to park your car, and wait for a nice clear night.

You want to position yourself so that the airport is between your position, and the airplanes that are lining up to land at it. THEY will be very far off....10, 15, 20 miles (or more). Airplane landing lights are VERY bright. (That is what they're called. Think of them as "headlights", if that helps. Not only used, of course, to illuminate the Runway, for takeoff and landing, but also to be prominently obvious and visible to other airplanes. That is why they're usually turned on when operating at altitudes below 18,000 feet. More chance of mid-air collisions below FL180. BTW, we have them on night AND day, too).

For example....IF you were in the Bay Area, you could look at this:
flightaware.com...

(It isn't working for me, atm....the actual "Flight Tracker" map. Either my connection, or their site).

When it works, you will see airliners (and other flights, all that are on an IFR flight plan in the FAA computers) in "real time". I've checked, and there is actually about a 5-8 minute time lag...but, it's pretty close.

So, in San Francisco, you could park out on the end of the runway, to the West of the airport....that's particularly normal, for very long straight-ins landing West. LAX is great, too....same general landing direction.

(Just checked at SFO, they are definitely landing West right now, as I write...based on the winds (it's down near the bottom, on the FlightAware page):

KSFO 292256Z 29024G33KT 10SM FEW038 10/01 A2984 RMK AO2 PK WND 30036/2235

Somple explanation:

Read that as "292256Z" = Date (29th) @ time (2256Z). "Z" is GMT, or UTC. All the same.

"29024G33KT" translates "Wind 290 degrees at 24 gusting 33 knots"

Next, visibility and sky conditions. "10SM" means at least 10 statute miles visibility. They don't report any higher than that. "FEW038" is, well "few" clouds (less than scattered) at 3,800 feet above the ground.
You will see "SCT", "BKN" or "OVC" too. (Scattered/Broken/Overcast, depending on amounts of coverage).

"10/01" is temperature/dewpoint. 10 degrees Celsius, 01 C dewpoint.

"A2984" is the altimeter setting adjustment, for other-than-standard pressure differences.

Last, the "remarks" section. Some gee-whiz stuff, not big deal. The "A02" nowadays usually there, because these things are automated; machines take the readings, as opposed to entered manually by a human into the system. "PK WND" is "Peak Wind" within the time covered....and that is a minimum of one hour. They are issued at minimum once near the top of each hour, more often (by human intervention) if conditions are changing significantly and rapidly.

BTW, I looked up 1 December, 2010 for Oakland at that time of night (2200). Winds WERE from the east, though they were light. It's possible they were landing from the West....sometimes, late at night, they will also do that for local noise regulations reasons. Not sure about Oakland, just an idea, and something you see in many major cities.

edit on 29 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I look up at the sky nearly every night, and I have never seen a Satellite in a cluster of 3 moving through the sky in a triangular pattern.

Me neither. Of course, I don't spend a whole lot of time stargazing. AS TO seeing satellites, though....remember, it depends on the time of night....as I said, geometry, and the curved surface of the Earth's globe, and their height....they can STILL be in sunlight, even though it's dark on the ground where you are.

BUT, three in that pattern IS odd....though, I don't know all what's up there. Certainly, for them to remain fixed so steadily, in relation to each other, means they are at nearly the same altitude....the speed varies, depending on the altitude of the orbit....and the apogee, perigee etc. It's all a part of "rocket science", ya know....

Here, was looking for "satellite videos" on the 'Tube, and found this, never saw it before, found it interesting. (The satellites are, of course, NOT to scale!!)

That's just to give an idea of HOW MANY there are. Not all visible, of course.....depends on reflectively, distance, angle of sunlight, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Sad story is only about 10-20% of those are operational. The rest are just floating space junk.

Aliens must think we are such pigs

Not to mention these are just the public satelites

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Yeah, well......there is a LOT more "floating space junk" (**).....

....but, anyway, about all of those emoticons a few posts back. You know, the
string, about the speed of satellites (average 17,000 MPH) and the apparent motion across the sky? Well, yes...in LEO 17,000 is about right...BUT, they are very, very far away (high up). What does a big semi truck on the highway, moving at 70 MPH look like when you're many miles away, watching it speed down the road? Compared to when you're right on the side of the road as it goes by??

Here...this guy conveniently used a night vision camera, to follow a known satellite. Compare its apparent motion, to the background stars:

Just wait 'til you get "Stellarium".....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(**)
Here's a good video about "space junk":

edit on 29 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
One of those photos was the film Stealth! Bahahaha. Still couldnt work out what they were about from their website but some of the pics were posted as fact with the dates and that the flying car is a replica of an old UFO pic fake. The circular craft are based on spinning blades like a helo or a ducted fan or a vertical engine and not on UFO's.

The triangular UFO / Satellite thing is pretty cool though, I have seen lots of 'satellites' with the naked eye but certainly never 3 in formation like that!

Nice one.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I'm afraid that that website creator is yanking your chain. All he is doing is using well known
images, changing the dates and adding his own version of events.

See the reality of where some of those images come from.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

TJ

top topics

<< 1   >>

join