It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

This so cool. Thank you for sharing. I have heard so many accounts now from people in different states, that it is really making me wonder more about the cause. I know that we most likely aren't going to discover exactly what it is through this thread, but it certainly is enlightening.

It would be great if we can keep track of this. I think it is occuring a lot more than anyone realizes because we just don't pay attention. Perhaps after some time we can come with some sort of correlation.

Thank you for the input!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Sorry but you are just plain wrong! The OP, myself and a couple of other posters in this thread are keen amateur seismologists and I believe that there is something here. I am not saying it is seismological at this time because it may not be. It is reasonably obvious that we do not know what it is, it is also reasonably obvious that there is something since it has been corroborated.

I've got a Velodyne sub hooked up to a harmon kardon, do you think the guy down the road might chime in next?

What has your sound system got to do with anything? What is this statement (a) mean to be mean and (b) what is its relevance to the topic in hand?

Seismic and or magnetic activity can be monitored in real time and the data is never filtered or sanitized. The collection points are little huts and they are monitored by scientists, not G-men.

Actually firstly I don't think anyone said G-men were involved and the collection points are not 'little huts'. (That is a phrase which for reasons I will not bore you with really gets right up my nose.) In some cases there is no hut at all. Some of the seismometers are deep bore and are down deep holes and whilst in many cases there is quite a bit of equipment at the site in other cases there is relatively little. I do agree that it is pretty darn near impossible to filter or sanitise the data as it comes in, but then no one has said that is what is happening.

Having knocked the supposed conspiracy theory which did not exist, you then come out with:

When the fun begins it will be over before you have time to blink, a lucky few will have a few seconds to ponder.
Pyramid.
Underwater seismic recorder.
Pyramid.

When what fun begins, why will there not be time to blink, and what has the sequence pyramid, underwater seismic recorder, pyramid go to do with anything. That sounds like pure unsubstantiated gibberish to me where as with hardly any exception most posters are at least attempting some kind of explanation or suggestion.

Are you suggesting something, or just making vague statements without any backing?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hi west coast. Earlier you requested that we mark the direction we're hearing the rumbling on a map. I've embedded it below.
Forgive the poor quality. Our location is the red star below Seattle, near Renton. The northwestern arrow is the direction I hear it from; the south western direction is where my husband hears it. I hope we're not on the epicenter. I do know of a small fault line that runs through Seattle. I hope it's not that fault we're hearing.
We just stepped outside again (7:50 p.m.), and like last night we could hear it, but louder, and less of an internal vibration. I'm not sure if it's the vibration we heard yesterday or Seatac carrying their noises due to the cloud cover. (we live about 5-10 miles from Seatac). Today we did not hear the freeways over the noise.
Currently the clouds are heavy and we just got snowed on a little. My experience with snow clouds is they carry sound really well, That could be the reason for the difference in sound direction or we both just can't seem to place it because it seems like everywhere.

Additionally, the directions we marked on the map we heard today as well as yesterday when it was faint and more of a vibration than a noise.
And our cat is acting clingy but he's a weird one and he might be acting weird because we're moving on the first and it did snow. We're moving about an hour away, but we won't be leaving the sound so if this vibration can be felt at our new home i'll let you know.
edit on 29-12-2010 by collietta because: forgot to add the pet info.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I could not hear the rumble through my laptops speakers but when i hooked my headset up it is quite clear.

The only thing I have personally heard that sounds like that is like you said thunder but that's way to long to be thunder so who knows?

Very much interested in this though, thanks for the post

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is it possible the sound is coming from underground?

For some reason i can't stop thinking about the tunnel diggin thing from oceans twelve (or 13?)

Maybe the gov is tunneling under your house to observe your activity on ATS

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by collietta

Actually there was thunder and lightning around that time in Renton. My wife called me telling me "it's thundering" and my brother also mentioned he saw lightning, and they are both further south in Sumner. Not saying you didn't hear the rumbling but there was thunder at the time you mentioned.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well, my 'sensitive' dog just started acting wierd. Running around the house sniffing the floor and barking.....

BTW, just came in from outside and I am not hearing anything right now.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by collietta

Thank you for the map!! If you continue lines from my arrows and yours, they would intersect in the sound. Interesting.

My goal for tonight is to put together a map of the states locating all of the reported experiences so far on this thread. (color coded by time) I will then keep it updated. Perhaps we will be able to come up with a common factor.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

Thanks for your input, and yes I just have this sense that it is coming from the ground and being bounced back at me by the atmosphere. So it sounds like it is coming from the sky, but feels like it is coming from the ground.

Maybe I connect it to a geological event rather than tunneling due to my seismic interests/hobbies....but that is just my gut reaction. Looking at some of the seismos/spectographs in the area makes me feel more secure in that theory.

I should note that I was wrong about the deep tremors. They updated the map today and there weren't any reported. BUT...I am thinking more about this and the HZ being recorded...will post more on that later.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaac (RIP DUSTIN)

My husband said that he might have saw lightening south of us. (renton is north) He wasn't sure. It seems like that thunderstorm by passed us completely.We just got a little bit of snow.
The vibration today wasn't like yesterday. Yesterday you could feel it as well as hear it. Today we could just hear it. The thunderstorm could explain today if it was happening around us, but not over us. It was an ongoing noise that was in waves. yesterday it was a steady vibrational tone. No fainter then louder, like the OP experienced.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wasn't but 4-5 nights ago I was outside having myself some tobacco, and I heard this roaring sound coming from the sky, and it was stabilized unlike a jet, jets typically waver in and out, this was a stable roaring sound.

I live in California, heard it at about 2AM. I'm in the Paso Robles area, if that helps any.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Puterman the sound sure rings a bell for me in some way - I have heard this before but as I age I have a difficult time remembering when and where, and I have had a lot of "whens" and "wheres". If it comes to me I will let all know. Should I say thanks for the memories

You know, it's the same way for me. Maybe that is one of the reasons why I notice it more than others. It's like when you see someone and can't remember who they are, but you get a bad feeling when you look at them. Same thing with this. I have thought about it all day today and I think I know why.

I mentioned before that it sounded like helen's. I think that is why I have bad feelings associated to this rumbling sound. It takes me back to when I was nine years old, hiding under the covers in my room while the windows shook and the earth rumbled forever. I lived in Yakima back then....May of 1980. I can remember the rumbling/vibrations that seemed to go all night. It was terrifying. Maybe that is also why the first thing I have done every time I have heard it is to come inside and look at the mountains on the seismos.
edit on 29-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Thank you, that does help. I will be sure to mark you on the map!!

I just want to make a note here about the weather. Earlier, I made a post about hearing a large boom that was like weird thunder or a small shallow quake. I know now that is was snow thunder. They just had a story about it on a Seattle station. I don't want people to get confused by this. It sounds different than regular thunder...more resonating and booming, I think due to the cold and cloud formation.

I want to stress that this WAS NOT the rumbling I was hearing earlier. I don't want to water the thread down too much with this, but I think it is important to mention it. Also, to state that the last time I heard this noise, it was the middle of summer on a warm, cloudless day. So I do not think it is related to snow thunder.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
Maybe it was a 'silent' earthquake. There was a report of such in 2004: www.komonews.com...
Maybe if you contact Washington Uni, they may be able to confirm or deny?

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I am finally getting to some of the great info supplied here by you guys. I read the linked article, and you are spot on with what I was thinking. I mentioned at some point that I was checking the deep tremor activity to see if there were any today or yesterday. I have actually been tracking these for months now, and have a thread dedicated to it, if you are interested:

Another Slow Tremor Moving Beneath Olympic Peninsula

It was finally updated today and I was really surprised to see that there weren't any. It has been quite active for months now, between Vancouver BC and Northern Cali. It ties into some of my other theories. I am wondering now though if perhaps this is similar to that, but maybe a different freq or speed that isn't being measured.

You might find THIS link interesting

And THIS one!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

On topic. It would be cool to look at some of the sound files in the Yellowstone thread and see if any of the frequency patterns match. I don't really have the means to do this but maybe puterman is bored in between the 100 projects he has going.
edit on 30-12-2010 by whoshotJR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

OK, wow....did I post that info somehwhere on here? (twilight theme in the background)

(Edit to Add: duh, I just said I was nine when helen's errupted...hahahahhaha)

Here is the map I put together....would love to add to it. So I put it out there to you: Is there a common thread (pardon the pun)....seismic (fault lines), weather, solar, volcanic, drilling, wells, military bases, have at it!!!

Red indicates yesterday/today, orange represents the past week to a month

edit on 30-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hey, westcoast, add Louisiana to your map. That rumbling's been going on here for at least two months, off and on. It is a terrible, deep sound, but not frighteningly loud here. It does seem to grow in intensity and as soon as I prepare myself to break and run (yes, it provokes THAT response in me!) it seems to idle down.

It reminds me of some huge tractor engines around here. The rumbling from their engines idles up and down as they travel in the field behind our woods. Sometimes when they are at our end of the field, it will get so loud that I stand and wait for them to come barreling through our trees, yet I never even get to see them.

This rumbling reminds me strongly of that sound. It seems like there is something in the sky that is just about to come into sight, but then fades into the distance before you see it.

ETA: I'm in N.E. la., way up in that corner, just 45 miles east of Monroe.
edit on 12/30/10 by jennybee35 because: Info

And, I hear mine off in the east- southeast!
edit on 12/30/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

BTW I edited my post just in case you didn't want that info out there

I live up on a hill and the train vibrations some how can travel even to my house so i wouldn't tell if I heard this or not anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

and especially to:

I believe in animal behavior being related to tectonic activity. My dogs have been a bit different ever since the big one in Haitai and more so since the chili and cali quakes earlier this year. More neady, standing and just staring at me like I am suposed to do something but they/I don't know what. As far as the past few days....I can't say for sure with the dogs. They aren't particularly restless...but they are going outside a few times more than usuall and my sensitive dog keeps running to back and barking frantically at something that isn't there. Maybe there's a racoon hanging around....I don't know. Now my chickens are a different story. They have been giving us five eggs daily for months now. The past four days have produced only ONE. Nothing has changes. Same light,food,water, etc. Maybe just the season....but it's wierd.

I hope I answered your other questions with my previous posts for times/locations.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I have to tell you that it takes something special to get me out of bed and online here on ATS at 7:30 am on a winter's morning when I'm on my end-of-year vacation break and it's below minus 12 C (10 deg F) outside.
But this event you described has been going through my mind all night, I think.

Okay, your info about the dogs is fairly typical for what I've read in regards to seismic sensitivity for these animals, especially about them seeming to become more "needy" over time -- and now barking at something that isn't there. I'm now curious if your back yard is in the direction you feel that the sound is coming from. (Can't tell from the map as it only gives your rough location. And many thanks for the map, btw. It helps... I had you roughly where you marked it but it's good to have that for reference in case anything develops in the future that helps with this matter.)

Now, the chickens are another matter. I've not heard of this behavior change before in relation to seismic sensitivity so I'll have to read up on it. It does make some sense, though. Birds can go off the lay if they sense conditions are not going to be ideal for raising young. (As you know, even if they're laying unfertilized eggs it still makes no difference to how they behave with them.)

I haven't read through to the end of this thread yet. (Still catching up.) If however the situation is still unresolved I'll email an ATS friend who lives some way from you (but still in your side of the US), who also reported odd behavior in her dogs that connected with seismic events in her area over the past couple of years. Hopefully she might check out this thread and give some insights from her own experience.

Okay, now I'd better get on with reading the rest of the thread!

Regards,

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join