It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I just started a thread about some booms here where I am. Just letting you know. They were not like the rumbling at all, they were much deeper and could be felt by us all.

Thanks for keeping up with this!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I just posted this in another thread about booms just heard in Louisiana, so
I thought I would put it here also,. It has a record of skyquakes and mystery booms.
might be informative. www.globaldisasterwatch.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Thanks for the link - seems to be an informative site. I learned more about the Indiana quake than previously. Bookmarked!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, I am given it a quick look, but will give it more time later when I have it!

No more quakes so far today in our part of the world.....

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yep

Just doin my part,.
I am very "curious" about this phenom happin out near the coast.
I have been to the St.Helens volcano, I'd be more concerned about Ranier this time around.
anyway, twill be interesting no doubt to see what becomes of the noise. Lets just hope its not
magma moving.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Although I was a bit traumatized by Helens as a child, I agree that Mt. Rainier is most definately the one to be afraid of. I believe it has been called the most dangerous volcano in America. (Remember, Yellowstone is a caldera
)

I don't know if I would call it a result of magma moving....or the release of the pressure built up from so many edges converging. There hasn't been any sign of harmonic tremor. To tell you the truth, it would almost be better if it were of magma/volcanic origin. As bad as a Mt. Rainier erruption would be, the damage and loss would probably be small compared to the 'big one' we could have if the convergeance zone 'gives'.

I have a feeling that it is the result of raw energy being released. What made me so uneasy on the 28th was that it was so darn LOUD...never heard it like that before in all my years here. Ofcourse, geologically speaking I haven't even been here for a blink of the eye, so it may only be significant to me.

I have been saying for about a year now, every time there is a bigger quake in another area of the ring, that we are long over-due to 'answer back'. I see it as a give-n-take, so to speak. If there is a large release or shift on one side, the other (IMO) is going to be affected accordingly. There have been some MASSIVE quakes in the past year or so, with NOTHING from our 'side' in response.

That worries me.

EDIT TO ADD:

And the plot gets thicker....adding Indiana, where they ofcourse just had a very rare quake today. Crazydaisy they often hear the rumbles here too:

edit on 31-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I know many people have stated that it is because of the instant media that we
live in, makes things seem a bit more relevant and seem to be more in occurance.
But I dont entirely agree with that.
I think the activity globally is picking up and the awareness is tuning in.
But only time will tell the truth.
It is of course why I like this site, many bright minds to add to the mix of theory and fact.
Keep the ears attentive.
and have a great new year

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Thank you! I have often wondered the same thing, as far as the instant information goes. But I can say that personally, things have changed her in the past few years. So not all of it is hype.

Happy New Years to all...we have about three hours to go here still.....

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
SO you know how I said that I was hearing the rumbling from the NW today, possible the south end of Vancouver island???

There were 58 tremors today at the South end of Vancouver Island!

Here is the link to the map:

LINK

Coincidence???? I just don't know....

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I finally uploaded the viodeos from yesterday. Sorry it took so long but it was a busy day.

This first one is brief, and like I said before it was only half as loud as the 28th, if that. You can hardly hear it at the begining but it is there. If my friends can clean it up for me
I think you'll be able to make it out at the very begining (before the shot gun blast in the distance), so that you know I'm at least not making it up. You might notice I am looking to my right vs my left like last time.

Now this second one.....I don't know what to make of it. Listen closely at about the 3 or 4 second mark. You can hear what sounds like my voice talking in a foreign language or something and then some very weird clicking noises. However, that is NOT me. I was alone at the end of a country road. NO ONE was talking, and there weren't any clicking noises. Right after that you can hear a siren in the background and then more shot guns going off....but all of that is very far away. I'm not sure what to make of it but it kinda freaks me out. If anyone could help me isolate those sounds, that would be great. (yes...this one is off topic..
) OH...and listen to it in high def, it seems to make a difference!!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just in case anyone is still interested, on my walk today there was a definate rumble coming from the South again. Not quite as SW as on the 28th and not near as loud, but a little louder than yesterday.

I would put it just SW of my location, but over land, not water like on the 28th. Maybe that's why it isn't as loud?

Anyways...the tremor map has not been updated yet. I am curious to see how it compares today.

Happy New Year to all...

Westcoast

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Working on it,though im not as good at this like others here...yet

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Cant make decent Video out of it for YT,screws it up somwhow.

Weird Sounds
Another Rumble

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e781cbce4c8d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Thank you! I am not on a computer right now where I can listen to it (oh the irony)...but will do so tonight!!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks for posting this pic. I just checked the website before checking in here. I am not sure what to make of all this now. So there WERE deep tremors today just SW of my location, over land...while the majority of it was on the South end of Vancouver, where I heard it yesterday.

I think it is confirming more for me more now that I might in fact being hearing something associated with the same phenomenon causing the deep tremors. Unfortunately, even the professionals don't know yet...but I supose that should give us even more cause to be dilligent in our observations.

Tonight, I am going to do some more research into other areas that have been detected having deep tremors and see if it might match up to other reports of rumbling.

I am also going to cross-post this on my deep tremor thread, because I really think they might be related now.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here's a great explanation of what the deep tremors are:

We found that repeated slow slip events observed on the deeper interface of the northern Cascadia subduction zone, which were at first thought to be silent, have unique nonearthquake seismic signatures. Tremorlike seismic signals were found to correlate temporally and spatially with slip events identified from crustal motion data spanning the past 6 years. During the period between slips, tremor activity is minor or nonexistent. We call this associated tremor and slip phenomenon episodic tremor and slip (ETS) and propose that ETS activity can be used as a real-time indicator of stress loading of the Cascadia megathrust earthquake zone.

LINK

So if this is considered a real-time indicator of stress loading......should we expect the slip soon? It's all just a guess. It makes me a bit uneasy......especially now with the rumbling.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Video145

This is the weird clicking sound video. I have extracted the sound - all.21 seconds of it. In fact it appears to be three of the same so an echo as the first is loud, the second quieter and so on. To our ears this appears as one sound.

In the westcoast mystery sounds folder on my 4Shared site I have placed any videos that I currently have and s zip file which is called video145_sounds.zip.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28169df0ef38.png[/atsimg]

The first three are the three parts of the sound. The next is the sound, followed by a 1 second gap, then the first, another 1 second gap, then the second etc.

The last file is the same as the previous but slowed from 44kHz to 16kHz. This gives it a much more hollow effect and of course increases the gaps. Note that the complete sound now clearly gives the echo that is not clear at 44kHz.

This is the spectrum analysis which was was showed there were three components.

My thoughts? Gunshot (shotgun)

Edit to add:

Video 143

In the westcoast mystery sounds folder there are two files of the sounds of this video. They are
  • vide0143_lp200Hz_amplified.mp3 - filtered with a 200Hz low pass filter.
  • vide0143_lp50Hz_amplified.mp3 - filtered with a 50Hz low pass filter.

Other than filtering, amplifying and click removal I really have done nothing else to them.

My thoughts: Mechanical.

edit on 2/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given) - Oh no you don't box. Why don't you just look at the text huh? Do I reaslly always have to keep out pointing out the error of your ways? Sheesh!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you Puterman!!! Once again, I am not at a computer with sound, but will be able to listen to it in a bit.

One of these days I might gain enough knowledge to do some of this on my own!

There were gun shots in the background at the end....so perhaps there was one at the time further away that I didn't hear, but the recorder pickded up on. Actually, I'd prefer a nice logical explanation.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
just real quick update.

Real low coming from the NW again...we shall see!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join