Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

And....once again, more deep tremors detected today to my NW.

Here is the link:

LINK

Thanks again Puterman...I am listening to the sounds now. It's so interesting to hear it broken down liket that!!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

hi i live in london england and i heard very loud rumbling like you describe early in december when all flights and trains were cancelled due to bad weather,it was in the early hours of the morning so not many heard it,loads of people also felt the minor earthquake(unusual for england i know) which happend to be about 300 miles away? lots of people just laugh but i honestly think something weirds going on because the birds are all seem to be chirping away at night instead of the morning and animals acting weird, keep getting weird dreams/nightmares that seem too real about whatevers up in the sky, i'm not usually into this sort of thing however i am getting a bit worried about things and honestly think that the economic situation and stuff is to put us off of whats really happening,i said i'm not really into the whole 2012 thing i just got a feeling now though that things are gonna start happening, thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stu030273

Thank you too, for sharing yours. I think the most important thing now is to be aware. Perhaps keep track of when/where you are hearing it, to see if it happens to correlate with anything. (such as weather/earthquakes)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Today it is REALLY loud again. This time it is almost due West..just a little south. I would estimate it to be somewhere near the Northern end of the Olympic peninsula. I just checked and they have NOT updated the deep tremor website yet, so I am really curious now to see if we had any today and where.

A couple of other things to note. I mentioned on the quake thread an incident with my dog last night. At 12:27 AM I wrote another ATS member about her wierd behavior and said I hoped we weren't going to have a quake. Later this morning USGS updated their website to reflect a 1.1 quake that happened about 15-20 miles fom my location at 12:33 AM. It was a small one, but my dog certainly heard/felt it. She was literally shaking,sitting on my feet, not even taking a treat. My other dog (that I have always thought was more sensitive) barked a couple of times at nothing, but my small dog was just terrified.

One last thing is that there was a small quake at helens today. a 2.3, which for a volcano is worth noting!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I still reckon it is this: (OSD webicorder)

And that is 100% mechanical of that I am certain.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I'd have to agree. We can hear distant traffic at night, but not during the day. It's amazing what difference there can be in the air.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I live 30 miles south of Seattle in western Washington and I had a sense of hearing a very low frequency that seemed as though it was constant rumbling of sorts. It seemed to happen around noon or after a bit. I almost thought I was having some kind of tinnitis. I would just like to confirm weird rumbling low frequency sounds heard in western Washington.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I went for my walk around 2:30 to 3:00. Not to say it wasn't there earlier too, just that it's when I heard it.

No deep tremors recorded today...although we are having some quakes, inlcuding some around Mt. St. Helens

Puterman, I wish there were some way to figure it out. If it's mechanical, it's BIG. I can't imagine I could hear the Seattle digging from up here though, so I have no idea what other mechanical noise of that magnetude there could be??

I've noticed some bigger quakes (not huge by any means, but notable) are making their way further up the coast. In looking back over our history I really think we are going to see something significant SOON.

We haven't had anything noteworthy since the 6.7 back in 2001 and that was by no means the 'big one' being talked about. That was your typical quake...not the mega thrust. With us being so over-due and the other side of the ring with so many huge quakes of late...it just seems like the tension is building. Maybe that is why I relate this rumbling to it and I could very well be wrong.

Actually, I hope I am.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

This is amazing. The noise you describe is EXACTLY like the noise I heard ten years ago. I am 25 and have lived in Washington state my entire life. This low frequency rumble or hum is very unnerving and fear inducing. The only difference between my experience and yours is I saw very strange lights, classic ufo lights, while this sound was "dying" off. The "sound" lasted for two hours the first night that my family and I heard it, I honestly thought that the world was coming to an end, seriously apocalyptic. VERY LOUD, if I had a recorder of any kind that night I am sure it would have picked this up. It is similiar to yet distinctly different from a train/truck rumbling in the distance. It would frequently change in intensity while never changing its frequency beat. It sounded first like a cars stereo with the bass turned way up playing something that could only be described as "hells disco"(interesting link, the man describes a noise similar to what I heard/felt...www.angelfire.com...) I was praying and so was my father. I have done a lot of research into anomalous noises and ufos since and have found plenty to be paranoid about

I suggest you look for the book UFO Defense Tactics by A.K. Johnstone. Lots of information about weather manipulation technology as well as cases around Washington state. Also look into the "Taos Hum." My personal opinion is that this is evidence of weather manipulation. I heard that noise throughout the summer of 2001 on all different times of the day as well as different atmospheric conditions. The first night was the most intense with VERY VERY frightening tones just beating on and on with the blackest cloud I have ever seen in my life being pulled over the area like a sheet over a bed. My dogs were clearly frightened by this and were running around barking up at the sky. It hailed and snowed very intensely on my house for 10 minutes, this was in may. I could believe that this was a natural weather phenomena if it hadn't lasted so long or didn't happen on lots of different occasions. If it is possible to control the weather and manipulate minds with electromagnetic fields, ELF is key to this whole mystery, than it will be used. So ten years later I still dont know exactly what caused me to think that the end was coming that night. Anybody interested in phenomena dealing with mysterious signals/noises coming from some unknown source must look into the work of John Keel. UFOS Operation Trojan Horse is a must read...sorry to go off on a ufo tangent, but hey I saw ufos in connection with this frightening noise, there is a link. I am not saying extraterrestrials are just coming down and playing horrible music for my family and I (maybe they were just trying to keep up with the times by playing something that you would hear in plenty of cars in any city in america, low bass noise
) but whoever or whatever has control of technology that can make people feel so terrible has no soul. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Did you feel the earthquake in Chile?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Thank you for your post....your description is incredibly accurate. I have not seen any associated lights, but that doesn't mean there aren't any!

....And yes, the sound does invoke fear.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

No...not possible. We are a LONG ways from Chile. Doesn't mean it can't possibly have an affect on our 'stress load' though!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
edit on 4-1-2011 by nitro67 because: MISTAKE

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
I live in Arizona and on Dec 15 I heard a moderately loud, low rumbling which lasted for a couple of hours. The rumbling would last about 15 minutes and then stop for 5 minutes or so before starting again. It was definitely not a jet, or street work, or some car with a sound system. I used to live near the Stennis Space Center in MS, where they tested the shuttle engines, and the rumbling was very similar (but not nearly as intense) as to what I experienced when they did engine tests.

EDIT: When it happened, I even came here and searched for "rumbling" "rumble", etc to see if anyone else reported anything. I also searched social networking sites like Twitter and made a post of my own saying I heard the sound and asking if anyone else did. At that time nobody else appeared to be reporting anything.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

Amazing, I went through the same thing ten years ago....somebody is #ing with us.....H.A.A.R.P is a very telling acronym if you ask me. SHUT THAT # OFF! BLOW UP EVERY IONOSPHERIC HEATER YOU COME ACROSS.......TAKE BACK YOUR MIND!
My father even called it "the rumble" The very next day I searched online for "rumble" "strange sounds" etc. and came across a lot of info and people with similar stories....the hum....
edit on 4-1-2011 by nitro67 because: more info

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thats the second earthtremor in UK in two weeks ,Ripon,highly unusual,along with chile,coinciding with lunar eclipse,flooding in australia,whats going on.
link
www.talktalk.co.uk...

and birds falling from the sky.
www.bbc.co.uk...

You tll me

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Second wave of solar flares on way by 5th january,thats 2 waves within two days,perhaps explains alot
spaceweather.com...
edit on 4-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Haven't read all he posts, but Yesterday on CNN they said they had new geological info that leads scientists to believe the west coast is in for a very large earthquake sooner rather then later. Personaly i have never seen them talk like that, they ususlay say who knows now to 1000 years from now! they gave a website for or www.oregontsunami.com to prepare the Or area for what they said would be much larger then the other 2 large tsnamis combined. that is the Indonesia one and the Chile one I guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well, that echos what I and many others have been saying for ahwile now. I would love to see an article if there is one. I tried doing a search on CNN, but didn't find anything. Was a telecast?

Thanks for the info!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I know some posters have been saying it's just some drilling/tunneling in Seattle. But I live 30 miles south of Seattle and have heard it for the most part of the day to the south west. Throughout the day I have gone outside to make sure I was hearing the rumbling sound's and not just a jet or train. The sound has been constant without change in pitch. But unfortunately if I tried to record it there is too much other noise that would drown it out to the point of it being worthless.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I found an article describing very slow earthquakes happening in the NorthWest for some time.
This seems to be the perfect explanation.
Here is the link:

news.opb.org...

new topics
top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join