It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald trashes CNN contributors for 'extreme misinformation' on WikiLeaks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Wow. I can hardly believe the witch hunt mentality that the MSM spews these days. Pretty disgusting how they defend a corrupt government against anyone trying to expose it's criminality. I suppose that makes the MSM accomplices to the crimes of the government, does it not?
Glenn Greenwald writes an excellent column for Salon.com that everyone should check out.
It's beyond ridiculous that Greenwald has to remind them that no one is guilty until convicted in a court of law.
The MSM seems to think public opinion is good enough for a hanging.
Typical case of deflection to protect the guilty.

America, you have sunk to new lows.

S&F

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

gladtobehere
Assange is a plant. This is all staged.
As soon as Assange said that he agreed with the 9/11 official story, it became obvious.
In addition, he has not revealed anything of any consequence. That there have been civilian casualties? That Afghan officials are corrupt? That our government bad mouths other world leaders? Ridiculous.
In addition, he has not revealed anything of any consequence. That there have been civilian casualties? That Afghan officials are corrupt? That our government bad mouths other world leaders? Ridiculous.

PsykoOps
Do you have any evidence for this?
Link to this please? WL has already revealed numerous crimes and huge amount of corruption. If you don't think that is serious I feel sorry for you.
Any proof of this too?

Wanted by the CIA: Julian Assange - Wikileaks founder

"I'm constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud."

We are supposed to believe that 9/11 is a "false conspiracy" from the guy who is allegedly revealing all of this "secret" government info?

With regards to your saying that Wikileaks has revealed "huge amounts of crimes corruption" please list for me any revelations with sources that we did not already know or were not blatantly obvious. All of this false controversy over what exactly? I'll list a few: that there have been civilian casualties, that the Afghan government is "corrupt" that Hillary Clinton said bad things about other diplomats...is this some kind of a bad joke? And speaking of sources, what are the sources? We are simply told that these are "government documents".

And what has all this resulted in? New whistleblower legislation which does nothing to protect the whistleblower if he or she does not want to keep the information within his or her own organization. Ridiculous.

In WikiLeaks wake, whistle-blower bill set to pass

President Barack Obama is expected to sign the bill, which supporters say will discourage leaks of classified information.

The bill would not protect WikiLeaks or anyone who improperly reveals sensitive information.

What a shock (sarcasm), legislation that would discourage leaks and not offer protection to whiste blowers. Exactly what the governments wants.

The government acts outraged at the release of "classified top secret" information. What exactly did we learn? Nothing. Result: legislation that will make it MORE difficult to spread the truth.

Seems pretty clear to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So it seems you support the information release, but not wikileaks because they haven't been openly campaigning for Manning.

The question is, how do you know what they've been doing behind the scenes? How do you know they haven't been trying to aid him?

Obviously their mission is too keep their sources classified, and Manning made the mistake of outing himself by accident. That wasn't Assange's fault, and now that Manning is in a highly secure prison, do you expect Assange to raid the prison like James Bond and bust him out of jail? It seems nothing short of that will make you happy.

Also, it appears you didn't watch the video...... the whole point of the thread.

Originally posted by thecinic
HEY DON'T ATTACK THE MESSENGER!!!

edit on 30-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Agreed, that's exactly why Assange is not associating himself with anyone who sent him material. In fact what he is saying in public, is "If Bradley Manning is the leaker he is a brave man" if he said anything else, he would be liable to be called as a prosecution witness. Why don't people see that?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Bradely is not the leaker.
edit on 31-12-2010 by JulianAssange because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Just a small point of clarification that seems to be often mistaken. None of the 250k+ cables released to Wikileaks were classified. They were simply confidential and meant for internal consumption.
Remember that these were obtained and given to Wikileaks by a Private, First Class. It is unlikely that any Private would ever have any access to classified material.
edit on 12/29/2010 by dethduck because: Grammar

That is not what I heard! Some of the cables were SECRET while the majority were indeed confidential.

Second point is that private manning is not the only source of information. It might have started that way initially but now it has evolved into a world-wide database of leaked information. The american government is by no means the only affected party and that should be 100% obvious by now just by participating in any wiki-leak thread.

It seems you have some catching up to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join