It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald trashes CNN contributors for 'extreme misinformation' on WikiLeaks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Greenwald trashes CNN contributors for 'extreme misinformation' on WikiLeaks

www.rawstory.com

First, Greenwald blasted CNN's Jessica Yellin for suggesting that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was profiting from the disclosure of classified information. Assange has said that he agreed to a $1.3 million book deal to help defray legal costs.

Then he tore into CNN contributor and former Bush Homeland Security Advisor Fran Townsend, calling out her lie that WikiLeaks had dumped 250,000 US State Department cables without redacting sensitive information.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Heh---This is a must-watch folks.

Constitutional lawyer and Salon Columnist Glenn Greenwald absolutely DICES these shills, and exposes their attempts to brainwash the audiences with outright LIES and misinformation surrounding Assange and wikileaks.

It is nice to see, for a change, someone who knows the law inside and out, standing up to corpomedia and gov shills, and not letting them get away with their usual 'steering' and propaganda techniques upon the masses...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This really is a fantastic video. Greenwald makes the CNN host and Fran Townsend look like absolute buffoons. Everything they say he refutes it, with nothing but the truth. Both of them keep trying to say Wikileaks has been doing illegal things and because of that assange should go to jail, but then Glen comes back and explains that actually they have done nothing illegal and thus cannot be prosecuted for anything. The CNN host and Townsend appear dumbfounded whenever he says this, they clearly don't know what they are talking about.

Fantastic video. Star and Flag. Every single person should watch this. It's all over my facebook right now.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bommer09

haha, yes!

Notice how they attempt to use the usual 'steering' techniques to try and sort of 'override' what he is saying?

And he keeps bringing them back to reality and pointing out the falsehoods and outright LIES they keep repeating. And then you see them sort of begin stuttering and stammering, like deers caught in the headlights. They don't know how to respond, because they are not used to someone being able to call them on their BS continuously and challenge them in this fashion.

This is an awesome display of knowing the law and being informed on reality overcoming media and gov propaganda and brainwashing.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Nice video. I don't watch mainstream news much these days, but when I do it so obviously propaganda. As far as redacting goes Assange gave his sources to the Guardian among other newspapers to tell him what he should not release. God knows what terrible truth these sources really have in them.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread. You're like a hound dog when it comes to finding videos worth watching. I really like how the woman would not respond to anything he said, instead it was as if she was just belching key propagated sentences.

S+F

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
he should call them what they are, and they are not journalists, to anyone with open eyes and ears can see through this crap, big
Glen

intelligence and truth trumps all the spin they can create

kinda scary how these people can lie with a straight face while being taped the whole time

This is all BS anyway, the media is winning at the moment, WE ARE STILL ON A WITCH HUNT AFTER THE MESSENGER WHAT ABOUT THE ONES THAT COMMITTED THE CRIMES!?!?...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
S&F! Great video! I absolutely love to see so called " journalist " attacked then try to manipulate there way out of the situation. Over and over again, Greenwald owned them, and I just love the stuttering, and back pedaling with each comment! Truth shall set you free!

Had to star and flag everyone thus far!
edit on 28-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
now CNN is regretting that they interviewed him

thanx DimensionalDetective now I can go to sleep

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this fantastic video, just love the way Greenwald made those two women look like total idiots, I will give them credit for one thing and that is they let him get his important truth points across. I would not have seen this as I stopped watching mainstream news years ago.

S&F

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Another good catch. Thanks.

Hope this gets MUCH airplay - Wikileaks and Assange have been smeared big time, but so many people still believe the lies.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yup, because there are entirely to many peeeeeeople ( sheepishly ) whom wish to believe the propaganda that the MSM, ( more over, CNN ) wish to spread! Some day hopefully, peeeeeeople will wake up~

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Thanks for the thread. You're like a hound dog when it comes to finding videos worth watching. I really like how the woman would not respond to anything he said, instead it was as if she was just belching key propagated sentences.

I can't watch the video, but this sounds like the Government Shills were trying to use The Delphi Technique as usual and ran up against someone they could not manipulate.

If you look at what happen to the Tea Party you can see how the media used the Delphi Technique to "manipulat[e] those who are out of step to appear "ridiculous, unknowledgeable, inarticulate, or dogmatic." and to bring about "the desired result... group polarization"

Obama admin using Alinsky Method to manipulate the public: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Delphi Technique. What Is It?

(Note: Those who have experienced the "concensus process" will immediately recognize this technique. Those who have not will benefit from this article.)

While this article is related to education policy development, the technique is used in virtually all federal policy development areas... In recent times, however, it has taken on an all new meaning and purpose. In Educating for the New World Order by B. Eakman, the reader finds reference upon reference for the need to preserve the illusion that there is "lay, or community, participation (in the decision-making process), while lay citizens were, in fact, being squeezed out."

The Delphi Technique is the method being used to squeeze citizens out of the process,..." The setting or group is, however, immaterial; the point is that people in groups tend to share a certain knowledge base and display certain identifiable characteristics (known as group dynamics). This allows for a special application of a basic technique. The change agent or facilitator goes through the motions of acting as an organizer, getting each person in the target group to elicit expression of their concerns about a program, project, or policy in question. The facilitator listens attentively, forms "task forces," "urges everyone to make lists," and so on. While s/he is doing this, the facilitator learns something about each member of the target group. S/He identifies the "leaders," the "loud mouths," as well as those who frequently turn sides during the argument the "weak or noncommittal". Suddenly, the amiable facilitator becomes "devil's advocate." S/He dons his professional agitator hat. Using the "divide and conquer" technique, s/he manipulates one group opinion against the other. This is accomplished by manipulating those who are out of step to appear "ridiculous, unknowledgeable, inarticulate, or dogmatic." S/He wants certain members of the group to become angry, thereby forcing tensions to accelerate. The facilitator is well trained in psychological manipulation. S/He is able to predict the reactions of each group member.

Individuals in opposition to the policy or program will be shut out of the group. The method works. It is very effective with parents, teachers, school children, and any community group. The "targets" rarely, if ever, know that they are being manipulated. Or, if they suspect this is happening, do not know how to end the process. The desired result is for group polarization, and for the facilitator to become accepted as a member of the group and group process. S/He will then throw the desired idea on the table and ask for opinions during discussion. Very soon his/her associates from the divided group begin to adopt the idea as if it were their own, and pressure the entire group to accept the proposition. This technique is a very unethical method of achieving consensus on a controversial topic in group settings. It requires well-trained professionals who deliberately escalate tension among group members, pitting one faction against the other, so as to make one viewpoint appear ridiculous so the other becomes "sensible" whether such is warranted or not. The Delphi Technique is based on the Hegelian Principle of achieving Oneness of Mind through a three step process of thesis, antithesis, and synthesis. In thesis and antithesis, all present their opinion or views on a given subject, establishing views and opposing views. In synthesis, opposites are brought together to form the new thesis.... www.propertyrightsresearch.org...

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Another yawner of a wikileak story..

Just another worthless report, it's yet more senseless wikileak fanboyism following rubbish.

You people eat this stuff up like candy, it is beyond hilarious.

This whole report was set up to make the lawyer look good, to TRY and discredit ANYONE who comes against ye' old great wikileaks, you people buy it???

edit on 28-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Loved that. Yeah noone cared what WL was before these leaks
It's just for smearing US
"He has threatened to release much more than he has" How is that even possible?

For that idiot lady for lying.

[Edit to add] And there it is... Anyone know what happened to the ignore function? I can't seem to locate it.
edit on 28/12/2010 by PsykoOps because: added

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Apparently when someone stands up for the law, not solely on opinion, it doesn't fit your argument so you try to use the delphi attempt. Keep trolling ~

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

It is OBVIOUS to anyone that is not in an wikileaks induced stupor
that the whole interview was a botch to make wikileaks seem more credible.

To the average CNN watcher who does not even think about these tactics.
*I wonder if someone would set that interview up to make wikileaks look good*

Of course they would, it is GREAT ratings. and the MSM is getting exactly what
they were looking for with people believing this was a legit interview.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the post OP. I would have never seen this except here. I have given up on the MSM and do not watch it anymore for the very reasons made clear in this video.

I really like the way he kept separating what journalists do from what was occurring there on CNN.

If they have more people like this on, I might just be persuaded to start watching again.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A very interesting video. What makes me laugh about all of this, is these government officials, be it ex or current, keep proclaiming that wikileaks is totally irresponsible for endangering countless lives and careers. So, by reporting someone elses actions, that makes you responsible for them? I guess these guys haven't heard of personal accountability. Oh well, I guess if no-one knows you did something bad, you didn't do it.

edit on 28-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: type o

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join