It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald trashes CNN contributors for 'extreme misinformation' on WikiLeaks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Truth be told

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That was fun!

It's kind of crazy to see the reporters making complete fools of themselves. I'm not really sure where to stand on this issue. I believe that it's absolutely critical for governments to be able to do certain things in secret. But again, as was said, when governments are allowed to work in the dark, bad things inevitably take place. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about the state of things at this point.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
now CNN is regretting that they interviewed him

thanx DimensionalDetective now I can go to sleep

Yeah....don't think they will be inviting him back anytime soon. I love it when someone uses truth and logic to skewer someone's argument. Very good video.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

hahaha ladies were owned! bamm

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by thecinic

I think there are some re-runs of sesame street for ya. Why not leave the grownup talk for us big boys~

I personally find Cinic's opinions/speculations far more profound and "unbiased" than your attacks on him here.

Perhaps if he just rolled over and swallowed the media's stories without critically questioning them as possibly deceptive sources, and just went around saluting whatever the TV told him to, he would be allowed to share his thoughts without being told to leave or watch children's shows?

And further more, to ask "what evidence" there is to lead anyone to think Wikileak's may not be what it openly claims to be- I must ask you in return- "where the hell have you been?".

Because surly there is something worth looking into (past the popular news sources on your TV) on the matter that wikileaks may actually be an intelligence operation True or not, legit or trap, the questioning of said site is not crazy or stupid- the real crazy.stupid thing to do would to be to blindly accept wikileaks as one thing or another without any proof what so ever...ahem...wink wink (pointing).

Heck, try looking up the evidence...since so many of us are tired of showing it to this community only to be confronted with people barking how "stupid we are" for even pointing it out.

Try being nice...heck, try investigating deeper into wikileaks then a youtube clip.

PS- to the OP, as always, great posting and wonderful material. You always provide ATS with gems....even if I think this one is not accurately being perceived/presented by the masses/media. S&F

MM

edit on 29-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Thanks as always, it seems, DD. I've liked Greenwald's writing before but haven't been up with anything as of late. Regardless of what you think of Assange, the idiocy shown by CNN and their "host" was fantastic. Love to get a good laugh in around the Holidays. This is one of the billions of snippets that make up our fragmentary reality. Absurd to the nth.

ColoradoJens

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We should always remember to put our selves in the TPTB shoes(I know its hard) Because anything they do its for a reason if they didn't want this news story to be on it wouldn't have been on the news So they probably put this story out on purpose because they are trying to see how people react to figure out a better way to control them!

this is just my theory ; )

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Haha...I love when they ask "Is there any good that can come from what Assange is doing?"...I think a better question might be..."Is there any good that can come from citizens remaining completely oblivious to secret and even illegal Government operations?"...Wikileaks exposes criminal activity...but hey, lets just punish Julian and leave the real criminals go back to doing what they do best...puppeteering all you morons.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
A rape allegation/two women combo against a laywer STINKS of profile programming...

damn TPTB

b

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
"He's made it more difficult to conduct business with our allies and our friends"

Why because they all now know what lying deceitful bastards you all are?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Nice find DD! Did you see that sideways sneer and audible chuckle from Yellin (what a proper name) after Greenwald pointed out the fact that CNN doesn't align itself with independent/investigativejournalism? God that was an epic non-verbal communicated snicker of defeat! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
edit on 30-12-2010 by deviantamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Assange is a plant. This is all staged.

Do you have any evidence for this?

As soon as Assange said that he agreed with the 9/11 official story, it became obvious.

Link to this please?

In addition, he has not revealed anything of any consequence. That there have been civilian casualties? That Afghan officials are corrupt? That our government bad mouths other world leaders? Ridiculous.

WL has already revealed numerous crimes and huge amount of corruption. If you don't think that is serious I feel sorry for you.

But what this conjured up drama allows is the government to now pass strict legislation AGAINST whistle blowers and tighter control of the web, which is the whole point of this charade.

Any proof of this too?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Absolutely right,

What happen to BRADLY MANNING?

Thats right he is sitting in PRISON while
Assange has sex with cheap whores
sips wine, eats GREAT,
Signing MILLION+ Dollar bookdeals

While the person who made it all possible
BRADLY MANNING SITS IN PRISON!!!

Does Assange or wikileaks care about BRADLY MANNING?
NO THEY LET HIM ROT IN PRISON!!!

They used Manning as a pawn
and are using these good people
here defending Assange as PAWNS!!

Tools for something they do not even understand.
The wiki leak followers are TOOLS LIKE BRADLY MANNING
BEING USED BY WIKILEAKS!!!

Hows THAT FOR PROOF ASSANGE IS A SCUM BAG!!
This fail of a interview was botched, just like everything else
with wikileaks is.

HEY DON'T ATTACK THE MESSENGER!!!

edit on 30-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
double
edit on 30-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Please do stop being a hypocrite and asssuming ATS readers are blind and dumb.

Wikileaks information contributors do not SOLEY come from Bradly Manning. Much of the information came from other rightfully unknown sources, to protect their lives, whom are equally at the mercy of the abusive authorities if they were found out, just as the courageous Julian had been, of which you and I would probably think several times even before contemplating such moves and face up to the unlawful repercussions for telling the truth. Do study into the My Lai massacres, the coverups and the dawning of the truth of what happened.

If you truly care about ' messengers' per se, what about them? Why the rant against Julian? Personal issue and feuds, or plain jealousy bordering upon being another TPTB bootlickers?

More critically, what had you done for Bradly Manning, if you are that concerned about truths being revealed? Or were you one of those who called him a traitor and support a sentence of him for hanging?

Do look into the mirror and see who is the scumbag now.

edit on 30-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Alex Jones is one of the very worst propagators of misinformation.

He keeps repeating that Wikileaks is owned by Soros. Soros publically says he doesn't like Wikileaks, and denied funding them.

Then Jones says that Wikileaks is insecure, and they gave out Bradley Manning's identity.

Again, totally false. Manning bragged on a totally separate site about the leaking.

Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists are rampant with smear tactics against Assange, because he is stealing their spotlight on the internet.

Suddenly all this conspiracy info about the NWO and aliens starts to look very childish, compared to the raw meat that is the Wikileaks documents.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Another yawner of a wikileak story..

Just another worthless report, it's yet more senseless wikileak fanboyism following rubbish.

You people eat this stuff up like candy, it is beyond hilarious.

This whole report was set up to make the lawyer look good, to TRY and discredit ANYONE who comes against ye' old great wikileaks, you people buy it???

edit on 28-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

Are all these Gonzo posts about Wikileaks and Assange some form of Penis envy? as for the interview, also Gonzo ploy, the lawyer stuffed them.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Greenwald's pressure on Wired pays off. At least someone is trying to get to the bottom of many of the claims. GG is doing his best to close the gaps.

Manning chat logs contain no smoking gun, Wired editors claim

Editors with Wired Magazine have finally come forward to say that the chat logs in their possession contain no further evidence of a conspiracy between WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and the soldier accused of leaking 250,000 US State Department cables.

In his Monday column, Salon's Glenn Greenwald suggested that Wired Senior Editor Kevin Poulsen committed "one of the worst journalistic disgraces of the year" by withholding the majority of chat logs that could prove Assange did or did not conspire with Pfc. Bradley Manning.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 30-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Man you seriously got no idea what you're talking about. You're acting like Julian Assange is getting rich living the good life thanks to some actions of Bradley Manning that caused him to be detained by usa..

This is bull#, get your facts straight. Assange is going to be fighting extradition to the us, where his life is certainly at risk.. He signed the book deal to fund his defense against upcoming legal action. Dude isn't on some yacht living the life, he is checking into a police station daily.. Also fighting extradition to sweden or whatever, lawyers arent cheap you know.

Also wikileaks didnt foce bradley manning to expose those files, he did it off his own accord, what do you expect wikileaks to do? "no they let him rot in prison", huh? What does this even mean, you're implying wikileaks could do something, and that would change this persons situation, this is more bull# from you.

You go not #ing clue what you're talking about. Note i'm not some wikileak follower, just someone looking at a situation a using my #ing brain.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
thecinic suppports and is fighting for Bradley Manning

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join