Greenwald trashes CNN contributors for 'extreme misinformation' on WikiLeaks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Please if you are going to make claims that this was designed to promote wikileaks and further it's agenda back up your case.

It could be a set up but if it was I doubt both of those women or Glen were in on it for that matter. Unless you have proof or a convincing argument then don't spout random information.

I don't want this to come across as a personal attack but some people on here are so into conspiracies that to them everything is a conspiracy. Yeah wikileaks might be some conspiracy, but even if it is so what. I like that the idea of open and transparent governments is in the public domain right now. Is that not what we, on ATS want? Deny Ignorance! The best way to deny the government's lies is to know what the government actually thinks but does not tell the public. If we know what they think, and if they think we know what they think, then they will be unable to lie, it will crumble around them and the truth will prevail. Is this not what we want?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
man ... those women were humiliated

lucky for the guy, he is in Rio De Janeiro ... still, some people may visit him ...

the amazing thing he said in the end, curious that everyone that publishes against the government get rape charges

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
man ... those women were humiliated

lucky for the guy, he is in Rio De Janeiro ... still, some people may visit him ...

the amazing thing he said in the end, curious that everyone that publishes against the government get rape charges

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Awesome video thanks for posting.

Must be embarrassing to be the one in control of an interview and then come out looking like such a fool or in this case a "blathering idiot".

The old "putting peoples lives in danger" attack, without any merit. Yet, thousands of American soldiers have died & continue to die because of the real criminality of keeping such secrets.

Originally posted by thecinic

You people eat this stuff up like candy, it is beyond hilarious.

This whole report was set up to make the lawyer look good, to TRY and discredit ANYONE who comes against ye' old great wikileaks, you people buy it???

Seems you're the only one eating something up, and it doesn't smell like candy.

If you're unwilling to discuss the subject at hand, perhaps you should start your own thread about how CNN throws it's reporters under the bus by allowing them to appear like blathering idiots in a conspiracy to elevate the guests position, thereby giving the subject more credibility.
edit on 28-12-2010 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Good stuff as usual crimvelvet!

I think not only were they attempting this pathetic brainwashing tech ( which back-fired in their faces when Greenwald ran circles around them both ) but they were also using the Bush admin technique of 'repeating the same lie over and over enough, that eventually it goes unquestioned as a possible truth'. LMAO.

But as was seen here, this was a rare case of an individual calling them on it EVERY time and not letting them off the hook, as is so often the case. He made them both look silly and amateurish.

Classic!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

its hard ... some people they just want to create chaos ...

greenwald was amazing ... congrats to him again ... and UP

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Another yawner of a wikileak story..

Just another worthless report, it's yet more senseless wikileak fanboyism following rubbish.

You people eat this stuff up like candy, it is beyond hilarious.

This whole report was set up to make the lawyer look good, to TRY and discredit ANYONE who comes against ye' old great wikileaks, you people buy it???
edit on 28-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

With those opinions - you still read the wikileaks threads???????? You follow the rubbish you deride????????

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Greenwald you're the man! I have to agree with everything he said. Today's journalists are not doing their job! Their job is to expose the corruption of governments and be the voice of the people. Anything less is towing and protecting the government line.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Heh---This is a must-watch folks.

Constitutional lawyer and Salon Columnist Glenn Greenwald absolutely DICES these shills, and exposes their attempts to brainwash the audiences with outright LIES and misinformation surrounding Assange and wikileaks.

Well I wouldn't quite call everything "outright lies" because spilling classified material is a gray area. I guess its a crime under certain circumstances to publish classified material, but as glenn greenwald said the new york times and washington post do it all the time and get away with it. Why shouldn't wikileaks get away with it also?

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

It is nice to see, for a change, someone who knows the law inside and out, standing up to corpomedia and gov shills, and not letting them get away with their usual 'steering' and propaganda techniques upon the masses...

I agree mainstream media should theoretically be "the fourth estate" but its well known they abondened the public to support and protect corporate interests and the corporate government. This happened long ago and its time they change their tune by playing it "fair and balanced". Its nice to see both parties being informed speakers in a heated debate, each having his/her opinions of what is correct and what is wrong.

I need to ask this: If revealing classfied information is a crime how come no charges have been brought forward yet and what are the governments waiting for??? Glenn said its a crime ONLY if you WORK for the government and "spill the beans" so that means unless you sign a non-disclosure agreement to get work, ordinary citizens or investigative journalists who happen to stumble on classified material and publish it ARE NOT COMMITTING ANY CRIME! Especially julian assange who is an australian citizen revealing american cables/documents on the internet(which is international property??). If anyone has/had jurisdiction on such a case it would be the australian government but interestingly enough they are remaining quit for the most part.

The swedish "impromptu sex" charges brought about by an alleged cia operative were a farce and I can't believe the nwo would go that route. It does not make sense but of course its a famous diversion tactic used on people who fall out of line. The whole legal system is being made to look as a joke and that is what worries me the most! If corrupt politicians and corrupt corporations get away with all kinds of crimes why should anyone else be charged with anything? There can be no confidence of instilling law&order in the future, nevermind the fact that most prisons are private property rather than state/federal property and of course both the judge and prison are profit motivated. Pathetic!!!
edit on 28-12-2010 by EarthCitizen07 because: add important information as I see fit!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our collective attention. I loved watching him school this "journalist" and her friend. We need to see more people stand up to the MSM and B.S. when needed.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Just a small point of clarification that seems to be often mistaken. None of the 250k+ cables released to Wikileaks were classified. They were simply confidential and meant for internal consumption.
Remember that these were obtained and given to Wikileaks by a Private, First Class. It is unlikely that any Private would ever have any access to classified material.
edit on 12/29/2010 by dethduck because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thanks for posting this. I had to watch it twice as I was laughing to hard the first time thru at the way the attorney slapped down the reporters. Mr. Greenwald came across as a well spoken, intelligent person whose bite is worse than his bark! Nicely done. S&F

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
GG exemplifies honest journalism. GG tries not to take sides and calls out right from the middle. I greatly admire him and Justin Raimondo. They both do their homework and do it well.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

ooops sorry double posted
edit on 29-12-2010 by yrwehere1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

So where's your proof that this was set up? Are you privy to what goes on at CNN? Or are you a government disinformation agent? Where are your sources? Your the one making the claims so put up or shut up.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Whereweheaded

It is OBVIOUS to anyone that is not in an wikileaks induced stupor
that the whole interview was a botch to make wikileaks seem more credible.

To the average CNN watcher who does not even think about these tactics.
*I wonder if someone would set that interview up to make wikileaks look good*

Of course they would, it is GREAT ratings. and the MSM is getting exactly what
they were looking for with people believing this was a legit interview.

The arrogance assumed in your post is repulsive, and the fact so many people have already starred such a bombastic statement is somewhat discouraging.

Nothing about this situation is 'OBVIOUS', yet you present your ideas as if you possess information we somehow lack.

Do you really think the media machine cares more about ratings than maintaining the status quo?
edit on 29-12-2010 by ddaniel because: typo

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If thecinic and his star power crowd knew anything about GG, they'd know the opposite of what he claims is true. And that is, the MSM always tries to blindside GG with their guest lineups. Fortunately for GG, he's as sharp as a tack. He always proves just how clueless his opponents are.

Can GG be a drama king? Occasionally. But you can't say he isn't thorough. He covers all bases. Personally, I like when GG goes into detail while making the case.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If anybody believes anything that comes out of Homeland Security, then their Voting Privledges should be revoked until they get a better Edyamacation. The Department of Homeland Security is still spreading Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. As it is right Now, It doesn't matter who you vote for, you will never be able to shutdown the Homeland Security or even change the way it Operates, and that's more scary than voting for republicans or democrats.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Sheesh---I just came across this article Greenwald wrote YESTERDAY, absolutely TEARING into the gov and its shills in relation to all of this and more:

The government's one-way mirror

The results are predictable. Huge amounts of post/9-11 anti-Terrorism money flooded state and local agencies that confront virtually no Terrorism threats, and they thus use these funds to purchase technologies -- bought from the private-sector industry that controls and operates government surveillance programs -- for vastly increased monitoring and file-keeping on ordinary citizens suspected of no wrongdoing. The always-increasing cooperation between federal, state and local agencies -- and among and within federal agencies -- has spawned massive data bases of information containing the activities of millions of American citizens. "There are 96 million sets of fingerprints" in the FBI's data base, the Post reports. Moreover, the FBI uses its "suspicious activities record" program (SAR) to collect and store endless amounts of information about innocent Americans:

At the same time that the FBI is expanding its West Virginia database, it is building a vast repository controlled by people who work in a top-secret vault on the fourth floor of the J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building in Washington. This one stores the profiles of tens of thousands of Americans and legal residents who are not accused of any crime. What they have done is appear to be acting suspiciously to a town sheriff, a traffic cop or even a neighbor.

To get a sense for what kind of information ends up being stored -- based on the most innocuous conduct -- read this page from their article describing Suspicious Activity Report No3821. Even the FBI admits the huge waste all of this is -- "'Ninety-nine percent doesn't pan out or lead to anything' said Richard Lambert Jr., the special agent in charge of the FBI's Knoxville office" -- but, as history conclusively proves, data collected on citizens will be put to some use even if it reveals no criminality.

To understand the breadth of the Surveillance State, recall this sentence from the original Priest/Arkin article: "Every day, collection systems at the National Security Agency intercept and store 1.7 billion e-mails, phone calls and other types of communications." As Arkin and Priest document today, there are few safeguards on how all this data is used and abused. Local police departments routinely meet with neoconservative groups insisting that all domestic Muslim communities are a potential threat and must be subjected to intensive surveillance and infiltration. Groups engaged in plainly legal and protected political dissent have been subjected to these government surveillance programs. What we have, in sum, is a vast, uncontrolled and increasingly invasive surveillance state that knows and collects more and more information about the activities of more and more citizens.

But what makes all of this particularly ominous is that -- as the WikiLeaks conflict demonstrates -- this all takes place next to an always-expanding wall of secrecy behind which the Government's own conduct is hidden from public view. Just consider the Government's reaction to the disclosures by WikiLeaks of information which even it -- in moments of candor -- acknowledges have caused no real damage: disclosed information that, critically, was protected by relatively low-level secrecy designations and (in contrast to the Pentagon Papers) none of which was designated "Top Secret."

It's crystal clear that the Justice Department is engaged in an all-out crusade to figure out how to shut down WikiLeaks and imprison Julian Assange. It is subjecting Bradley Manning to unbelievably inhumane conditions in order to manipulate him into providing needed testimony to prosecute Assange. Recall that in 2008 -- long before anyone even knew what WikiLeaks was -- the Pentagon secretly plotted on how to destroy the organization. On Meet the Press yesterday, Joe Biden was asked whether he agreed more with Mitch McConnell's statement that Assange is a "high-tech terrorist" than with those comparing WikiLeaks to Daniel Ellsberg, and the Vice President replied: "I would argue that it's closer to being a high tech terrorist. . . ." "A high-tech terrorist."

Full Article:

www.salon.com...

Man, this guy ain't playin'.

He is dropping names and laying smack downs galore.

We need more folks like him out there defending the 'little people'.

I have added Glenn Greenwald to my hero list.
edit on 29-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Thanks OP for the video. It was great to see a man of honest conviction standing up for another of his fellow man and challenging TPTB's spokesperson.

One point that many viewers will be curious is the grey area - is the role of the media to reveal secrets of the governments?

At times of war, revealing such secrets would certainly cause untold deaths, for military intelligence is vital to the success of nations at war. Those who divulge such secrets would certainly be traitors.

But what happens when crimes and atrocities against innocents are covered up under the guise of 'intelligence' and 'security', such as the 'My Lai' massacres in 'Nam?

And what happens when such atrocities, lies, corruptions are given blanket cover of 'national security' when a nation is not a war, or at declared war?

Are those who divulge such secrets criminals or be tagged as terrorists and smeared with dirt?

If not for the investigative and professionalism integrity of journalist of a long gone era, Watergate would not had surfaced that impeached an absolutely corrupted President who abused his power, and unchecked, would have caused more destruction and misery to the nation.

So who's the terrorists now? the small man or those in power who continually use their power to hide their abuses under secrecy laws?

edit on 29-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join