It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Creature, Australia!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
like the ripple effect orlapse or whatever>?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
the movement you describe makes me think "hummingbird"

maybe its genetically engineered to big bigger and escaped from the lab

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

Thanks. Next time. Before you post, make sure you provide evidence to support your statements. Or don't post at all. The rules of this forum are clear and established, no sources, no evidence to further discussion. Not worth contribution.

Geez, who died and made you a mod?

As someone else recommended, get over yourself.

And I don't know where this post originated, but it is now in the grey area, where proof is not required. So, that would make you and your holier than though attitude WRONG.

Chill bro! Life is better that way!
edit on 12/26/2010 by gemineye because: to add quote

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i originally posted in the gray area.....just was unsure

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

Then you would be correct and aren't required to have proof. Excellent post, btw! I look forward to where it goes. It just really ticked me off that some "know-it-all," who apparently knows nothing of the rules, jumped in and tried to lecture you on something he/she knows nothing about.

I hope you get to see that creature again! I'm interested in what it is! I love cryptozoology, and while it may have been a known species that you saw, it's fun to entertain the idea that it wasn't and that you saw something that's yet to be identified!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
well i hope i see this thing again i will be looking every night..... waiting for it.....

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Given it was dusk, skimmed your head? And flew very fast, "irratic flight pattern?" I would guess bat. There are a huge number of different bats from butterfly size (60mm long) up to monsters with a wingspan greater than 1m.

Here is a website on Aussie bats: www.gondwananet.com...

My second guess would be some sort of owl.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

this thing was no bat nor owl i know what i saw as crazy as it sounds......plus the misses wouldnt be freaking about it either.....nah a bat flight path is different to how this thing moved you know how flies and butterflies just fly randomly going back and forth but crazily it moved like that ..... i will try to describe it again now that ive had time to ponder the body was a cigar shape wings were at least 2.5 times bigger than the body (i only say the butterfly thing as thats what its movement was most like and its fluttering).......but what i still don't understand is how something so big could literally disappear when viewed sideways....this thing flickered and then poof vanished into thin air....like gone........ it wasnt a bat moth or butterfly.......

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Strewth mate, sounds fair dinkum like a giant locust....

Better go get the big thong for that one...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think I know what it was!

You said your friend is a "stoner"? OK - he hacked up and spat out a big black lunger!

In all seriousness though - I do have a constructive idea - Google "night birds" for your area. There are many creatures that are rarely seen.

Here - we have some giant and unusual birds - one is 3 ft tall and looks like a white Flamingo. Another - looks like a bright blue Eagle with 6 ft wingspan!

What these are, respectively, - Great White Herons and Black Crowned Night Herons. These only come out at "dusk" or very early AM and are rarely seen.

I see them alot though - one of the few upsides to being an insomniac

Look on some bird sites for birds in your area. They often will show bats, insects/moths too that are mistaken for birds.

Do check out your home too - roof and eaves - to see if there are any holes or nests where your "creature" may be roosting.

I hope you can get a pic or find a sim pic - I am anxious to see it!

ETA- the last thought here is not a critique of your drawing skills
I just want a better look.

Size of a beer bottle eh? Here, a long neck beer bottle = 355 ml. 750 ml = size of the usual wine bottle. If it were the size of a wine bottle - that's about the size of a Duck or Pheasant. I'm going to guess you mean it's sized like the common beer bottle.

Anyway, I am curious to read and see more!

edit on 26-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: added thoughts.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Maybe it was a flying fox? Australia has some of the biggest in the world and there are a few different species. Googling giant Australia bats reveals some evidence that may fit what you saw. Some of these bats have a wingspan of up to five feet

www.gondwananet.com...

One of these flying around at night could really be alarming...

peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

nah not throw downs....longnecks are the big version of a stubby im pretty sure 750ml...its the same size as a wine bottle...hang on i should know these things im an alco....weird thought i wouldve remembered that

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Wow, thank you for sharing. What you need to do is keep your camera handy, and post up with it. Catch the creature and put it on the web. You will be famous, nothing like that has ever been seen before.

Could you go into greater detail on what the body looked like? It had bat wings which moved like butterfly wings - but it made absolutely no noise, which is odd. How big was it exactly, the size of a car? Or the size of a dog.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
it was roughly the size of a wine bottle and im afraid i cant ellaborate more on the body....i cannot stress enough howfast this thing was moving....i have never seen nothing like this in my life and i have seen strange things.....it flickered you know how people say they saw a person flicker like a hologram it literally flickered....when viewed sideways unseeable it was that thin........it had antenaes (from what i could see) wings fluttered no noise whatsoever.....and was fluttering in an unpredictable matter......it would forward then strafe left then right backwards forwards then higher lower......it was like a butterfly in the sense of how it acted but......was no butterfly or insect i have ever seen......this thing literally looked like it was out of a book....in 13hours time it will be the same time as last night....and i will be out there with the camera

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

it looked similar to that but completely different at the same time......it didn't have legs nor arms (hands whatever) that i could locate......

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So it was the size of a wine bottle - so maybe a large black Pigeon? Do you have Pigeons or Doves there?

I had some other thoughts too -

Do you live near water?

Have there been any bad storms lately?

Sometimes bad storms and wind will disturb creatures nests and throw off their usual behavior patterns. As example, the Night Herons (here) that I mentioned? If there are bad storms this throws them 'off' and you might then see them out in the day.

It could also be some sort of bird, insect, etc that is not normally in your area but somehow became disoriented.

Any neighbors keep exotic pets that may have got loose? Another thing I remembered from personal experience- once I saw a whole tree full of the most unusual bright green Parrot type birds. We figured out where they came from though - a laundry nearby kept them - they let them live in the laundry oddly enough - and this business burnt down and the birds escaped.

Keep your eyes peeled - maybe the creature will return. Could you maybe put out some food or seed that might entice it?

Of course - be careful in whatever you do.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
parts of frankston are not far from the beach and yes rain in the east/south end of town has been higher lately and cooler weather temps for summer so im guessing it could have been a disturbed bird, a larger moth or a bat. At night and in shadows ive noticed things can look wierd and obscure and can often look different. Do you have a dog? If it was a threat youd notice most dogs would start barking, my dog barks like crazy at mag pies as they some times swoop at him or his food and it barks when possums run along the fence.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Wow, you ain't kidding about the crappy art work.
I can see sketching isn't one of your strong points.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Bluemirage5 said to OP 'It was your mother in law !!!!!'

No it was my mother in law.

Flying Rodent posing as a butterfly describes her perfectly.

edit on 26-12-2010 by Seagle because: should have quoted in my post

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Come you blokes, no need to overdo the Aussie stuff, people from other countries read this, talk in a languge they can also understand.

cheers

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join