It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Creature, Australia!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
G'day about 5 minutes ago me and the misses were outside saying goodbye to a mate, when all of a sudden this weird flying creature like flew over head that low me and her actually ducked to avoid it then we looked at it it looked like, I know this isn't much help, it was like a bird crossed with a bat thats wings moved like a butterflies, It's flight plan was unpredictable and unlike any other flying creature I have ever seen it moved so fast left right backwards forwards JUST CRAZY like,

My misses does not believe in anything like this she calls ATS (when I'm talking to mates about it she says "oh just looking at his alien site" so she 100% does not follow anything like this) but after she had seen it she asked me wtf was that thing,

MY mate saw it but didn't take any real notice (he's a stoner and doesn't think anything is possible eg.employment) so he was just like yeah its a bird, but for me and the misses it was crazy

If anything I would have to say it was more giant butterfly crossed with a bat... the body the size of a longneck of beer stubby holder.....It's dusk outside, Frankston, Victoria, Australia......9:30pm I was unable to get a picture as A) didn't have the camera. B)thing was moving way to fast to even capture a snapshot of it, it literally vanished before our eyes....

Edit: When it would turn and be a side on view it was that thin we could not even see it..... it was like it flickered
Anything that needs to be elaborated on please just ask. End Edit

If anyone has any info or pics of what this thing was it would be good.

BTW the thing didn't make any noise not even its wings fluttering but I know this thing wasn't a butterfly nor bat

thanks for your help

Pix

Ps: Sorry didn't know where this belongs, Mods please move as you wish, Thanks
edit on 26-12-2010 by pixiekaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

Any chance you could draw a picture of it in paintshop/photoshop or on paper and scan it in - just a rough drawing would do as I'm having trouble visualising what you are talking about.

BTW fellow Aussie here

MY mate saw it but didn't take any real notice (he's a stoner and doesn't think anything is possible eg.employment)

You didn't have to add that you know
Not all 'stoners' are stupid - but I get your drift mate

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

It was your mother in law !!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

just to give people the feel of everyone involved he's jusyt one of those people (btw I'm not saying stupid) that when you saw hey we should start a business "nah # that it wont work".....just everything you say is impossible to him....thus seeing this thing "nah it's a bird"

I will try giving it a go and will upload asap

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
.Stoners ,Batman,long necks,the missus ,butterflies,etc. Well it is Frankston ,anything is possible

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-12-2010 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
BTW we are nowhere near professional drawers so please excuse the drawing when we upload it

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Yep, I get what ya mean mate

Don't make it too fancy (unless you want to of course lol) - just enough to help us others visualise it.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
how do i upload photos on here

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Sounds interesting. Could be a rare species or even a new species of something. (There are still many new species of creatures discovered every year around the world.) Also, about it not making any noise, there are a few kinds of nocturnal birds that have almost silent wings. Special arrangement of their feathers and so on. Quite amazing, really.

Looking forward to your drawings. And don't worry if they're not too flash, just as long as we can get a rough idea and maybe figure out what it coulda been.

BTW though I live in Prague these days, you've got another Aussie here mate.

Mike

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pixiekaram
how do i upload photos on here

OK, click on "Tools" up at the top of the page. Then right under it click on "pictures".

This gives you a new page and you have to log in. Just use the same Nickname you have here and the same password. After you're looged in scroll down to "My Account" then click on "upload/change photos".

When you upload your pic, just give a bit of info about it where it asks for info and title. Then click upload and after it's loaded it'll show as a thumbnail on the page. Now just click on that and you'll get some sets of URLs under it. Copy the last one and just paste it into a post here and the pic will embed.

Sound complicated but it's not that hard really. It'll help if you open a new window and go from there so you can refer back to this post.

Cheers,

Mike
edit on 26/12/10 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
how do i u pload photos on here

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
img52.imageshack.us...

sorry bout the crappy drawing only caught a glimpse of it....

But as i said its wings fluttered like a butterflies, when viewed side on it vanished then flickered back into view......we saw it for about 45 seconds then it completely vanished......

any aditional info just ask......

but I know this much it was no creature ive seen before it wasn't any local bird or bat and just to big to be a butterfly

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Dude,

Australia is FULL of weird creatures. Most of them want you dead.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
A bird crossed with a bat with wings like a butterfly sounds like a perfect description of a Moth to me

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

if it was as big as a longy i don't think thats any moth near frankston....

plus it wasn't attracted to light as we had the front light on

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Okay I checked out your drawing. Odd looking thing. Hate to say it but it does suggest a bat to me -- and yeah I know you said it wasn't -- so I'm not arguing, just saying what comes up as my first reaction.

I know you also said it was dusk but could you give us some idea of any colours or markings thing had?

Btw I posted a reply to you about how to upload here. If you have any troubles with it just let me know and I can copy your pic and post it for you. Best to have it backed up here and not just on imageshack or whatever.

Mike
edit on 26/12/10 by JustMike because: of typos. Like usual.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I know that we are technically speaking the same language but your going to have to explain what a longy is

I think that this is the largest moth species in Oz
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d5d61bfa01d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a longy is a longneck of beer....like 750ml i think??......and the moth thing above the wings were similar.....and no i could not make out any markings it was a bit too dark

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think rain moths have a larger body than that nice little flyer, but even so, they are nowhere near as big as a beer stubby. I lived in OZ for over 30 years and never saw a flying bug that big -- and if I had I'd still be running I reckon!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well I'm stumped then.

Was it perhaps the Aussie cricket teams last chance of winning the ashes flying out of the country

If I saw an insect that large I would be trying to forget about it and possibly in need of some counselling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join