It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truthers, What Will it Take for you to Believe the OS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Ok really simple question, for those of you who think the official account of the events leading up to and after 9/11 are a lie put in place by the real architects of that day, what would it take for you to accept the official story as a historically factual account of what really happened.

The reason I ask is because I hear this question turned on its head quite allot on ATS with people asking what it will take for believers of the official account of that days event to take a U-turn on their believes and accept a conspiracy theory or question the official story.

I should make it clear that I do not flatly accept the official account, however I have yet to see a conspiracy theory that has convinced me otherwise. In spite of this I am curious as to what it would take for the “9/11 truthers” to believe in the official story, or are any of you even open to it as an accurate and truthful account of what happened that day.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
An explanation of events that does not borderline on the impossible.

An perpetrator that isnt an us ally and had an obvious reason for the attack and is persecuted.

The lack of experts and professionals coming out against the official story.

If members of alqaeda wouldnt have turned out to be American jews that would have helped too.

And why name it the toilet? Who would pick such a name for a terrorist organisation?
edit on 24-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Letting us see the footage from the 85 security cameras around the Pentagon would be a good start.....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This matter will never be settled because there is so much info on both sides that one cannot really choose a side - at least a person who thinks that both sides either sound reasonable or lacking that last bit of evidence that would absolutely debunk its opposition. Whether or not one believes the official story is irrelevant - what is relevant is how once again the American public has become divided on another issue which, in my opinion, benefits the government the most. The constant tug war you guys have distracts you from the real problem: your corrupt government. It also distracts you from the fact that 9/11 did happen and whether or not it was an inside job, it should have made you more wary of the world and more importantly your government. I say this because of the new, ridiculous security measures that have been set in place and the rising paranoia that has been created and the business of TERRORISM.

As you can see, I am on the fence because there is TOO MUCH info for one to really decide. However, I am leaning toward it being an inside job merely because the government is liable and willing to harm its own citizens as evidenced by certain failed CIA operations.
edit on 24-12-2010 by DevilJin because: no reason

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It would take a sudden 75% decrease in my IQ and a very convincing puppet show. Any body still hung on that story, is holding on because of fear or stupidity. The OS is swiss cheese.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
How about just one shread of scientific evidence that the laws of physics and thermodynamics were suspended/repealed on 9/11/01 published in a peer reviewed journal? (NOTE: Popular Mechanics does NOT qualify)

Or maybe even some evidence that Al Queda (literal translation "the base", common usage "the toilet") actually exists as anything other than the middle east NOC database stolen by former CIA director Deutsch (he was convicted of the theft and pardoned by Bill Clinton as Clinton left office).

And finally, how about proof that some Saudi misfit, living in a cave in Afghanistan, could issue a "stand down" order to the U.S. military security apparatus including the pentagon air defenses?

Any one of these would be a good start - and just about as likely as an emotional confession from Dick Cheney.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This ought to be a short thread.

No flag, and no stars.

Nighty night.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Kevin,

Why dabble in impossible subjects? As you have noticed through the responses, there is NOTHING that would change their minds.... At least nothing reasonable..

You see Kevin, this has progressed past a conspiracy, and is now a full blown obsession.

Anything that would be considered "evidence" supporting the OS, would be torn to shreds.

Here is the problem... None of us "believers" have an obsession or any motivation to continually dig for evidence to support the OS. While on the other hand, you have thousands out there attempting to prove it wrong..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well, I'm not a "truther", but I would venture to guess, to get a "truther" to believe it would take alot. For me to believe the OS, which I have very little problems with accepting, as I just want to know for sure.. I would say for starters, a video that actually shows a plane hitting the pentagon. Besides that, probably the release of Bush and Cheney's testimony, and perhaps other videos of WTC, cause I know there are more.. But after all of that, I still think there would need to be a real investigation. I mean real investigation would be the key here..

Though I think there are many theories that come closer to explaning the events.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Footages from Penthagon and 3 "lost" black boxes will be very good start .

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

what would it take for you to accept the official story as a historically factual

A time machine...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Ok really simple question, for those of you who think the official account of the events leading up to and after 9/11 are a lie put in place by the real architects of that day, what would it take for you to accept the official story as a historically factual account of what really happened.

The reason I ask is because I hear this question turned on its head quite allot on ATS with people asking what it will take for believers of the official account of that days event to take a U-turn on their believes and accept a conspiracy theory or question the official story.

I should make it clear that I do not flatly accept the official account, however I have yet to see a conspiracy theory that has convinced me otherwise. In spite of this I am curious as to what it would take for the “9/11 truthers” to believe in the official story, or are any of you even open to it as an accurate and truthful account of what happened that day.

there is so much out there on such a massive information scale, that through the very nature of your post, you have failed to either find, or apply simple reasoning, and crictical thinking skills. therefore, a post on this site to try and give you an answer, is useless and a waste of everybodys time.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Let's see...change my understanding of free fall....show me a different temperature that steel melts at.....allow all the footage hidden by the Pentagon to be released.....take away the recent tests showing thermate can cut steel using small amounts...make me forget how the Warren commission investigated Kennedy's assasination and brought out the truth....forget about all the first hand accounts from survivors of the WTC collapse that never made it back on MSM news....forget I heard Larry Silverstein calling for bldg. 7 to be "pulled"......forget about the last 9 1/2 years I've been honestly trying to understand what really happened on 911....make me believe I can trust anything our government says.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The smoking gun for me has mainly been the Pentagon, and WT7. The gov secrecy is what makes me wonder about the OS, and why the coverup? I mean, if the PTB would release the video tapes, all of them, of the Pentagon, it might be of help, but when they confiscated them all, and refuse to allow them to be shown, it gives me the impression they are hiding something and there was no plane.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
They would have to change the OS into a factual account of what happened.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Respectfully, I appreciate your question in the thread but I'm neither a truther, skeptic, dis info type or whatever the word of the day is. I simply do not believe the OS because it does not require a degree, flight license, physics major, demo expert experience to determine that the events on 911 not only didn't happen the way the OS states, but add into that the well documented slip ups by Don Rumsfeld that a missile hit the pentagon, the lies of George Bush that he saw the plane hit when we all know where he was that day and the half ass shenanigans of the 911 Commission not to mention the testimony of Norman Minetta saying that the man speaking with Cheney on 911 about the plans still in place; referring to no shoot down order / meaning to go ahead and allow the aircraft to reach their targets, just exemplifies the incompetence of those on that day along with their possible complicity in those attacks. Either directly or by happenstance, either way it deserves punishment.

Rumsfeld, Cheney and others were already planning to invade Iraq and needed a good reason to justify it to not only the Congress for funding but to the American people & the world. Quick thinking politicos on 911 recognized their opportunity at hand that day and allowed the events to unfold. Cementing their justification for their invasion plans already in the works. Once in Afghanistan they took a left turn into their originally intended target, Iraq. Saddam Hussein posed no threat to the region due to the Saudis having already told US Diplomats they could control him should he ever get out of hand again. And there was no need for the US to go to Iraq. After the US arrived to that region the Saudis began developing intel from a variety of sources to coerce the US into doing their dirty work.

It is a good thing the American public does not believe the OS and anyone who thinks they should is living life with their head in a dark & smelly place. The OS is a lie due to the Commission never was allowed to subpoena anyone with descending opinions or information pertinent to the inquiry. The Commission's final report is not a final answer to what happened but rather a report base upon the limited, under funded and half hearted guidelines set forth by the Bush-Cheney dynasty to prevent any real truth from being discovered. There may be some truth in that report but it is one sided and no real investigator of any competence would ever use it within a courtroom. It is faulty with no doubt. It does not answer the tough questions that the cowardly main stream media shys away from because if they did step up and grow a set, they would no longer have access to any sources and therefore be out of business. That is why the coverup is so easy and why no one who likes to work and feed their own family will ask the difficult questions who work in the MSM.

What would it take?

* Pentagon camera footage....all 85 of them!
* The black boxes which were are known to have been found.
* The real CVR from Iron Mountain from Flight 93
* The crash sites' footage & evidence from all 3 sites regarding Flight 93. NTSB records all sites.
* A genuine investigation no holds barred and no one immune from it.
* The camera footage from the businesses around the Pentagon.
* And finally, an official dismissal of the 911 Commission's Report.
edit on 12/24/2010 by mikelee because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

They recovered the passport almost unscated out of that fireball, but couldnt find the black boxes.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I agree. As a certified welding inspector with a background in metallurgy, it's common knowledge that the A36 structural steel involved, with an average melting point of 2800 deg F can't melt from jet fuel maxing out at 1800 deg F in an open air fire, let alone cause molten metal to be present months after 911. The molten metal presence alone is no conspiracy, yet one fact. While the fuel fire alone possibly could have weakened the structural integrity, this doesn't explain molten metal and its duration, or the near freefall acceleration, which requires mass to be moved out of the way...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Not even a government issue bullet to my brain could turn me over on this key component of 'fundamental transformation'. Now that we know assange is in on it, there is, quite literally, nothing that would cause me to believe a word of the OS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join