It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truthers, What Will it Take for you to Believe the OS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

First of all, I'm not a truther. I'm an American citizen that has a right to know what really went happened on 9/11.

Second of all, you'd have to drug me or have me under some form of mind control to get me to believe the OS. Most people I know do not believe the OS and they are much like myself. Americans have learned over the past few decades to not trust the government. You can blame the JFK assassination for that one.

Third of all, I do not comment much on the 9/11 conspiracies because we need an independent investigation consisting of observers from all nations that had people who died in the WTC on that day. We can't trust government officials to investigate something that they knowingly had a hand in (hence the farce that was the 9/11 Commission).

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The objective is not to believe the objective is to UNDERSTAND.

I was always under the impression that SCIENCE was supposed to be a Truth Movement.

There is no way I can understand how an airliner weighing less than 200 tons could TOTALLY DESTROY a skyscraper weighing more then 400,000 TONS in less than TWO HOURS without even being told the distribution of steel in the towers. In fact I find it shocking that most of the engineering schools haven't been making a big deal about not having the information in NINE YEARS.

I don't care who did it.

I don't care why they did it.

And I am only slightly curious about how they did it.

After NINE YEARS I am more interested in the psychology and politics of engineering schools world wide not getting this settled in SIX MONTHS. Because after this much time they can't exactly claim that grade school physics dictates that the distribution of strength and mass due to the distribution of steel makes the entire incident IMPOSSIBLE. Even if Arabs did hijack the planes, and even if they did fly them into the towers, they could not COMPLETELY COLLAPSE because of structural damage from impact and fire. So how do schools that expect to be paid $100,000 for 4 years of education explain not knowing how to settle this in NINE YEARS?

www.youtube.com...

The nation that put men on the Moon can't tell the entire world the TONS of STEEL and TONS of CONCRETE that were on every level of buildings designed before 1969. Just a bit ridiculous don't you think.

By the way, I can't find that information on any skyscraper in the world. Is it supposed to be a guild secrete even though the Empire State Building was completed in 1931 when there were no electronic computers or even transistors. From a purely technological perspective the whole thing is hilarious. Are architects and structural engineers too dumb to understand transistors?

psik

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

1. A frontal lobotomy.
2. A large bottle of tequilla.
3. An explaination of exactly what that device was that was mounted on the bottom of the second plane that hit the towers.

I'll go with that...

A frontal lobotomy and a bottle in front of me..

Ohh, and an explanation as to how a 127' wide boeing 757 with 2 x 3500kg engines managed to fit in that teeny weeny hole at the Pentagon..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There is only one thing that will make me believe the official story of 9-11.

When I go outside and cook on my grill, and the fire melts or weakens the steel rack that I place my food upon, and the grill then collapses. Not topples over, not leans and falls, but collapses within itself in a nice neat pile of debris. Only then will I believe the official fairy tale of 9-11.

Know what's amusing to me? A "Truther" makes a thread asking those who believe the official story of 9-11 to explain themselves and why they believe the story, and no one responds. When it is the other way around, it is full of responses.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

I was always under the impression that SCIENCE was supposed to be a Truth Movement.

Well, it is. Truthers just don't like it when science gets in the way of their delusional beliefs, so they just ignore it.

I find it shocking that most of the engineering schools haven't been making a big deal about not having the information in NINE YEARS.

I wonder why qualified engineers would not be even a little surprised at the events. Could it be that they understand why they happened without incorporating conspiracy theories?

The nation that put men on the Moon can't tell the entire world the TONS of STEEL and TONS of CONCRETE that were on every level of buildings designed before 1969. Just a bit ridiculous don't you think.

A fair amount of conspiracy theorists don't think the moon landings were real either.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Our other problem is the lack of scientific knowledge of the average American and engineers taking advantage of the fact.

They didn't discuss planned obsolescence at the engineering school I attended. It should have been obvious in the 60s that PO was going on in cars in the 60s. So now our nitwit economists can't tell Americans how much they have lost on the depreciation of that trash.

But people that can't understand the physics of 9/11 can hardly be expected to comprehend cars. Years ago I have a conversation with a man that said he "loved cars". He didn't know a cam shaft from a crank shaft. But 50 years of depreciation of crapmobiles is more important then 9/11, but our nitwit economists won't talk about that.

So our basic problem is a high technology planet running on stupidity.

psik

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How about a televised "trial" of the known facts before a jury? A crime was committed by "someone", what's with the "Commission" nonsense. The Law is specific regarding how to conduct an investigation based upon charges levied against a person or persons, and how to affix blame after the facts and evidence are openly weighed.

Try these 19 "criminals" posthumously. Assign them defense attorneys and have a team of Federal and Local Prosecutors "try the case"!

Simply examine the facts from start to finish. Get expert testimony. Take testimony from all those who weren't called before the Commission.

Let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
Respectfully, I appreciate your question in the thread but I'm neither a truther, skeptic, dis info type or whatever the word of the day is. I simply do not believe the OS because it does not require a degree, flight license, physics major, demo expert experience to determine that the events on 911 not only didn't happen the way the OS states, but add into that the well documented slip ups by Don Rumsfeld that a missile hit the pentagon, the lies of George Bush that he saw the plane hit when we all know where he was that day and the half ass shenanigans of the 911 Commission not to mention the testimony of Norman Minetta saying that the man speaking with Cheney on 911 about the plans still in place; referring to no shoot down order / meaning to go ahead and allow the aircraft to reach their targets, just exemplifies the incompetence of those on that day along with their possible complicity in those attacks. Either directly or by happenstance, either way it deserves punishment.

Rumsfeld, Cheney and others were already planning to invade Iraq and needed a good reason to justify it to not only the Congress for funding but to the American people & the world. Quick thinking politicos on 911 recognized their opportunity at hand that day and allowed the events to unfold. Cementing their justification for their invasion plans already in the works. Once in Afghanistan they took a left turn into their originally intended target, Iraq. Saddam Hussein posed no threat to the region due to the Saudis having already told US Diplomats they could control him should he ever get out of hand again. And there was no need for the US to go to Iraq. After the US arrived to that region the Saudis began developing intel from a variety of sources to coerce the US into doing their dirty work.

It is a good thing the American public does not believe the OS and anyone who thinks they should is living life with their head in a dark & smelly place. The OS is a lie due to the Commission never was allowed to subpoena anyone with descending opinions or information pertinent to the inquiry. The Commission's final report is not a final answer to what happened but rather a report base upon the limited, under funded and half hearted guidelines set forth by the Bush-Cheney dynasty to prevent any real truth from being discovered. There may be some truth in that report but it is one sided and no real investigator of any competence would ever use it within a courtroom. It is faulty with no doubt. It does not answer the tough questions that the cowardly main stream media shys away from because if they did step up and grow a set, they would no longer have access to any sources and therefore be out of business. That is why the coverup is so easy and why no one who likes to work and feed their own family will ask the difficult questions who work in the MSM.

What would it take?

* Pentagon camera footage....all 85 of them!
* The black boxes which were are known to have been found.
* The real CVR from Iron Mountain from Flight 93
* The crash sites' footage & evidence from all 3 sites regarding Flight 93. NTSB records all sites.
* A genuine investigation no holds barred and no one immune from it.
* The camera footage from the businesses around the Pentagon.
* And finally, an official dismissal of the 911 Commission's Report.
edit on 12/24/2010 by mikelee because: Spelling
Force NIST to submit their entire investigation to a peer review and that includes the computer models.
edit on 023131p://0626 by mike dangerously because: fixed post.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by grizzlyjoe
How about a televised "trial" of the known facts before a jury? A crime was committed by "someone", what's with the "Commission" nonsense. The Law is specific regarding how to conduct an investigation based upon charges levied against a person or persons, and how to affix blame after the facts and evidence are openly weighed.

Try these 19 "criminals" posthumously. Assign them defense attorneys and have a team of Federal and Local Prosecutors "try the case"!

Simply examine the facts from start to finish. Get expert testimony. Take testimony from all those who weren't called before the Commission.

Let the chips fall where they may.

We have an over-rated and psychologically conditioned attitude about THE LAW.

If the lawyers, the judge and the jury are too stupid to comprehend Newtonian physics then that whole thing is meaningless. Debating Newtonian Physics for NINE YEARS and doing it 41 years after the Moon landing is ridiculous.

Talking about skyscrapers and not demanding accurate information on the distribution of steel that had to hold them up!!!

How insanely stupid can this get?

If a man is shot through the heart with a BB gun while wearing a bulletproof vest wouldn't you find that peculiar? Shouldn't the police have resolved that before it got to trial?

The engineering schools should be tried for incompetence and being accomplices after the fact.

psik

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

True for sure. I left the NIST aspect out because we all know its a total fabrication pulled from the dark parts of their body to come up with some sort of excuse for what happened. To me, the NIST report is just a fairy tale and little more.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

1. A frontal lobotomy.
2. A large bottle of tequilla.
3. An explaination of exactly what that device was that was mounted on the bottom of the second plane that hit the towers.

I'll go with that...

A frontal lobotomy and a bottle in front of me..

Ohh, and an explanation as to how a 127' wide boeing 757 with 2 x 3500kg engines managed to fit in that teeny weeny hole at the Pentagon..

wow, a Faster Pussycat reference. Nice.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It would take an independent investigation of all evidence including classified documents, records and video of the event. All leads would be followed from the very creation of Al-Qaeda, Pakistani involvement and meetings with all connected individuals, especially U.S officials.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thank for the replies guys,

Some interesting thoughts, I have to say i do agree with the people who seek more information about the pentagon attack. That for me is why i sometimes struggle with the OS and I would like to see more of the CCTV. That being said however just because they are not showing it does not constitute evidence of a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
one million dollars

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Show me the tons and tons of plane debris that constituted about 80% of the 757 that was supposedly dug out of that field in Shanksville.

HOW HARD CAN THAT BE TO SHOW ME THAT?!?!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

They recovered the passport almost unscated out of that fireball

Along with all the hundreds of thousands of other paper articles that littered Manhattan that day .
Articles that included ID from passengers on the plane .

Wow , that passport theory sure is persistent . And stupid .
edit on 30-12-2010 by okbmd because: corrections

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

When I go outside and cook on my grill, and the fire melts or weakens the steel rack that I place my food upon, and the grill then collapses.

Crash a passenger jet into it , and then get back with us , okay ?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Cassius666

They recovered the passport almost unscated out of that fireball

Along with all the hundreds of thousands of other paper articles that littered Manhattan that day .
Articles that included ID from passengers on the plane .

Wow , that passport theory sure is persistent . And stupid .
edit on 30-12-2010 by okbmd because: corrections

While they couldnt find any of the black boxes. I dont see how it is stupid and you insulting me does not contribute towards making your point. It aint like passports are designed to be fireproof. And nobody can explain how the passport Atta had on his person flied out of his pocket, while his body got designtegrated along with that of the other passengers.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Ok really simple question, for those of you who think the official account of the events leading up to and after 9/11 are a lie put in place by the real architects of that day, what would it take for you to accept the official story as a historically factual account of what really happened.

I can't think of a thing that would convince me that bldg 7 was not professionally demolished. And since that is the cornerstone of my belief, I would have to say nothing could convince me.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by psikeyhackr

I find it shocking that most of the engineering schools haven't been making a big deal about not having the information in NINE YEARS.

I wonder why qualified engineers would not be even a little surprised at the events. Could it be that they understand why they happened without incorporating conspiracy theories?

could it be fear of losing their job their pemsion or even their lives??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join