It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it be that I never made it out of the Hospital

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by MrJelly

Don't listen to hefficide. He might be biased....

....You see, if we are all characters in your mind, we have a vested interest in keeping you dreaming.

Just saying.

Yes very true. In fact, the idea of "I think therefore I am" comes into play. If you are all a creation in my head or in a different world there is no way to know that any of you actually feel and therefore are real. I never imagined this before being hospitalized. I felt somewhat connected to the masses before.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
If you were still in the hospital in a coma, or in spirit somehow, then your post would be part of that, and we wouldn't be able to see it. Clearly we can. Sounds like some kind of dissociative anxiety. I imagine it's worse some times than others. Stress will bring it about, make it worse. Christmas is stress. Sugar is stress. People can be stressful. When you get weak and traumatized like that, it can take a while to get back to your old self.

I do not have the necessary symptoms to be diagnosed with PTSD or any anxiety disorder (as according to DSM-IV...remember I am a psychotherapist after all). Also, My life is not stressful, any more than most people, and things are going very well. Its just that nothing feels the same and I dont feel as connected to people as I did before.
Im becoming convinced that something happened. As in I came into another reality of sorts. Or I died in that universe and was able to somehow warp or "wake" myself into a parallel one.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sometimes a force enters you and plays games with your mind. you start wondering about the weirdest things. IRRATIONAL things. its just a feeling. A feeling is not a command. Feelings can be incredibly evil when the logical mind doesnt assert its authority. In this case, obviously nothing good can come from this train of thought.

I know the fear and paranoia a thought like this can engender; which is why its paramount that he understand that this is the nature of the evil inclination; to challenge the peace of the mind. To inject strainge and irrational and terrifying ideas into it.

Only cure is to STOP thinking about it. fill your mind with good and constructive thoughts to challenge this idiotic thought. Its a war - between you and it.

There is absolutely no truth to this idea hes having, and some people here are sort of enabling this thought of his not realizing that hes traumatized by the experience. The last thing he needs is for the idea to be substantiated or endorsed.

This isnt the matrix. Movies like that are DESIGNED to promote a confusion between real and unreal. And it seems to be working well(this culture promotes this sort of insanity)

1st. Movies like the Matrix are allegory to what is going on. The idea of "there is no spoon" "bend yourself" is EXTREMELY important to understand. it means, there is NO ONE holding you down. Bend yourself into what you want.
Also explains clearly that the Matrix (or artificial womb or nation state) is what the masses have CHOSEN and not be tricked into (End of the matrix the dude in the white beard says "it was only when we offered the Matrix as s chose and not forced people into it that it became functional)

Also, "thoughts or ideas" that enter the mind can only be damaging if they are hindering your everyday life, work, relationships with others, etc..
I assume a lot of people on this site are, like myself, educated (hold degrees), work, live, love, improve daily and so on.
So I do not agree with anything you have said. Basically your saing "let it go".

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by sylvie

Hm. Guess I'm not getting it then. I was thinking if he was in another place/state or existence then he would be unknown to me, because I am here, and have no knowledge of there. He would have to be here for me to see his posts in this place where I am.

Lol. Does that make sense?

No? I didn't think so.

Shoot. Now everything's all complicated.

Oh wait. Nevermind. If he is dead, then to see him I would have to be dead too, and I'm sure I am not. Yet.
Consequently, I am also sure that he is not.
edit on 12/24/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

No, what we're talking about here is the possibility of a multiverse, where gazillions of different versions of "you" exist in parallel dimensions, and when you die in one of them, you basically just wake up in another and generally wouldn't know the difference... EXCEPT that you may FEEL slightly different, or remember certain, maybe little, things to have been different from what they are now. Or maybe, as the OP says, life seems all of a sudden kind of "unreal" to you.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Mr. Jelly, I feel for you, I do, and I don't mean to be contentious.

But if you are a psychotherapist, then you know that your feelings of unreality, surrealism, discomfort, disorientation, and bizarre thinking are exactly symptomatic of a stress or anxiety disorder. Alarming, and approaching dissociation in nature.

Go with the most obvious indication. Is it more likely that you have symptoms of a stress/anxiety disorder which you are reluctant to admit, or is it more likely that because you were ill you have been thrown into another dimension or have died, and somehow your spirit is stuck here..........as a confused ghost.

Which is the more viable explanation?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

This isnt the matrix. Movies like that are DESIGNED to promote a confusion between real and unreal. And it seems to be working well(this culture promotes this sort of insanity)

I beg to differ. This IS the Matrix, just without the evil machines trying to use us for batteries. If you know even the slightest bit about quantum physics (not that I'm an expert in it, but I know the basics), you know that what we call "reality" is far more fragile than most people think and not at all set in stone. Particles only behave like particles when you watch them, otherwise they behave like waves (energy). So what's real? Is there such a thing as "matter"?

Also, when you consider that our five senses really just perceive electrical impulses, which are then interpreted by our brain to form a picture of what we're "seeing" and "hearing," you realize pretty quickly that whatever you perceive outside of yourself is merely an interpretation of "reality" by your mind... no more, no less. So the Matrix adage "There is no spoon" might very well be the truth and we are all part of a vast energy grid while our mind cheats us into thinking that there really is a "material world" out there.

It's pretty mind-blowing when you think about it, but not that far-fetched.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Dissociative disorders are defined as conditions that involve disruptions or breakdowns of memory, awareness, identity and/or perception. The hypothesis is that symptoms can result, to the extent of interfering with a person's general functioning, when one or more of these functions is disrupted.

Depersonalization disorder (DSM-IV Codes 300.6)

Source

A psychotherapist would be aware of this and surely would be able to identify it. Moreover, a psychotherapist would know that one cannot analyze oneself.

~Heff

ETA: Personal pet peeve shout out....THE MATRIX WAS A FREAKING MOVIE!
edit on 12/25/10 by Hefficide because: ETA

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Mr. Jelly sounds to me that this trauma affected you more than you want to admit. Just because you have a degree is psychotherapy does not mean you can diagnose yourself (as ok). Please go see another professional.

Did you have any head trauma (hit your head, get a concussion, etc)? If you did. did you get x-rays, MRIs?

The only reason I asked is because I felt very similar going through PTSD. If you do not start treating yourself now it could get worse.

Goodluck.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by MrJelly
Anyone help me out, anyone have experience like this.

I have, briefly, but realized that trying to sort it out would likely lead to madness, and, if it were true, it would work itself out eventually anyway.

Subsequently, though, I thought of a proof that can dispel a nagging feeling of "what if I'm dreaming all of this?"

Go to the library. Select a book at random, doesn't matter what it is. Begin to read it. You might be able to dream the library, might be able to dream shelves of books, might be able to dream one specific book. But can you dream the content of that book?

Oh Gosh, that is SO easy. I have that all the time when I read at bedtime. I usually read until my eyes fall shut, then I use the last of my waking consciousness to switch off the light and am out as soon as my head hits the pillow again. It has happened quite often that I'm reading the book, especially novels, and the story keeps going -- but all of a sudden I realize that my eyes are closed... and have been for a while. Yet I'm still seeing the pages and read the story, and it's a story that makes sense and seems to be the logical continuation of what I've been actually reading. Happens at least once a week.

That wasn't my point. In the bit of my post that you didn't quote, I said that if you were able to manage one book, go get another. If you can "read" (and, while you might not understand it, you recognize some sensibility there,) a book on physics, another on textile manufacturing, "The Brothers Karamazov", a history of Greek mathematics and so forth, you are either in the real world, or you are dreaming it, and you are the world's most intelligent person, completely versed in every subject.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Maybe you are a clone.
Second line

On a serios note it's your central nervous sistem gone wrong, unability to feel sometimes, I am in the same situation, it's like I'm a walking dream, you see reallity colapse, when you look at people they seem like pupets smiling at you. Maybe you don't have the same mental strenght anymore, no desire. Tho I must say some things are strange, for what is worth never give up it may be just a perception.
edit on 25-12-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Well i just have a degree in psychology so what would i know.

I guess you would prefer to entertain delusions.

From the sound i got from your post, you sounded pretty distressed about it. My remedy for that was to explain to you that the thought wasnt real, and like any disease - virus, etc seeks to upset the equilibirum of the system. So the way to deal with it is to put the illness, or delusive thought into perspective.

And the matrix an allegory?! no way. I thought it was real. I dont agree with the illuminist gnostic message of the movie. thats all.

This world is REAL and very much the place we need to keep our minds and our thoughts attached to. This probably explains why in Orthodox Jewish communities cases of insanity are dramatically less than lets say, the rest of the western world. And this has always been the case. You want to live in fantasy land - take a dip into the unconscious. Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Im beginning to wonder if his illness was psycholigical related.

Its amazing how so many people with degrees in psychology are unable to cope with everyday reality.

They should do a study of this. How many people with degrees in psychology are on anti-depressants/anti-psychotics. I bet it would be above average.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Very true.

You can never think clearly when youre in the midst of the storm. You think according to the paradigm created by the emotion.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

The most frightening thing is when the person doesnt have any fear at all. When he doesnt think theres a possibility that he could be thinking incorrectly. Than... Thats when the thought has taken so deep a dive into the unconscious that the conscious mind isnt even aware of its being manipulated by it.

If he doesnt take control of himself i fear this guy is gonna go completely mad.

I learned young that you have to watch your thoughts like the secret service guards the president.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

There are two ways to look at everything.

True, this world is merely a reflection and concretization of the spiritual, abstract world. What you call "energy" translated in mind, as spiritual, thoughts, feelings, intuitions, and in projected outward as physical matter.

But theres also experiential and subjective truths. This world IS real, and much more so than any of the spiritual worlds. In this world, all of us are able to relate with each other, and other creatures. This world is the ampitheatre of our spiritual progress.

One who loses touch with the significance of this world is one who is truly out of touch with the ultimate meaning and purpose of life.

The mind isnt 'cheating' us. A consequence of forgetting the ultimate truth that this reality is only temporary, and not all there is, than you cheat yourself. But that doesnt mean this world isnt any less real than the spiritual ones. Both sides to the picture are true, and if one is to be balanced he needs to make sure hes firmly rooted in this world; with goals, ambitions, a family, children, house etc. One job is to propogate the species and also to raise children greater and more evolved than yourself. and this should be a deeply meaningful and spiritual goal; not for yourself, or for even your children, but for G-d and his creation which he gave to us to take care of.

The matrix philosophy - gnosticism - is pessimistic and dark. It basically calls for a complete withdrawl from this world.

Look at the guys who wrote the movie. Their FREAKS. And both are atendees to bohemian grove. Ones a transvestite. like seriously. Be very selective with who you take spiritual advice from.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Hi all. I posted this a while back (about 2 years ago) and I want to see if anyone else can help.
Quick story. I was hospitalized 2008 January. It was extremely traumatic and I was there for 2 weeks. 6 months recovery. While I was lying in bed I realized many things. When I came out my life was changed. Good and bad.
But I need your input good friends.

Could I have died in there? Could I still be in there, like I will wake up still in there? See what I mean..it all seems very not so real after that. .
But its just odd. I used to Lucid Dream a lot and still do, this all feels different.
Anyone help me out, anyone have experience like this.

help...no, not really
but i had 2 NDEs some 24 1/2 years apart... my mental & intellectual worldview has changed,
call it Eureka moment or a Awakening / Epiphany...or else 'seeing' through different eyes.

my Ego (i guess) has been released from the confines of the 'Individual' experience, intellect of this life...
i no longer fear death , which use to inhibit me from extreme activity... i sort of formed a different
view of life, in that my 'soul' exists in every section of a multiverse, and likely in different
shapes/sizes/forms in each of these multiverse incarnations.
but when one of my entities 'dies; in one of those multiverse incarnations, the remaining other 'selves'
continue to evolve in the Soul/Astral plane.
It will only be when the last multiverse incarnation 'dies' that one's soul/astral body goes somewhere
out of the creation multiverse.

Now, the original 'me' of this Cosmos, in the multiverse could have 'died' at either NDE date, but,
my imagined 'life' is continued on only in the spiritual sense - by using the many years of flesh
and blood sensations & thoughts to create this internalized 'reality'

perhaps the velocity of life has a momentum that does not end in an instant !
and we continue to mentally extrapolate a future for ourselves... at the same speed of thought
as the internalized movie screen panorama of ones' Life Flashing before them at the instant of death.

I will still try to keep feeding myseld, staying warm, dry, or cool or wet as the needs arise,
i will still go through the motions of actual living, even if it is an imagined illusion

stay thirsty my friend

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I made a thread like this sometime ago.....

I think its important to ask these questions in life .....

So dare you ask ??

ARE YOU A GHOST !!!!!! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by sylvie

There are two ways to look at everything.

True, this world is merely a reflection and concretization of the spiritual, abstract world. What you call "energy" translated in mind, as spiritual, thoughts, feelings, intuitions, and in projected outward as physical matter.

But theres also experiential and subjective truths. This world IS real, and much more so than any of the spiritual worlds. In this world, all of us are able to relate with each other, and other creatures. This world is the ampitheatre of our spiritual progress.

I agree -- it's "real" in the sense that it's our interpretation of the world around us. And I never said it's meaningless.

One who loses touch with the significance of this world is one who is truly out of touch with the ultimate meaning and purpose of life.

The mind isnt 'cheating' us. A consequence of forgetting the ultimate truth that this reality is only temporary, and not all there is, than you cheat yourself. But that doesnt mean this world isnt any less real than the spiritual ones.

Agreed again.

Both sides to the picture are true, and if one is to be balanced he needs to make sure hes firmly rooted in this world; with goals, ambitions, a family, children, house etc. One job is to propogate the species and also to raise children greater and more evolved than yourself. and this should be a deeply meaningful and spiritual goal; not for yourself, or for even your children, but for G-d and his creation which he gave to us to take care of.

Absolutely, and I have all that -- a husband, a child, a full-time job, a house, a church community, hobbies, etc. I think I'm pretty well grounded. That doesn't prevent me from thinking about the nature of reality and coming to certain conclusions.

The matrix philosophy - gnosticism - is pessimistic and dark. It basically calls for a complete withdrawl from this world.

Only if you buy into the part that the "matrix" was erected by an evil demiurge or soulless machines who want to suck us dry. If you believe, as I'm inclined to do, that our own consciousness -- collectively -- CREATES the material world, there's nothing pessimistic and dark about it. However, it opens the door to the idea that nothing may be impossible, i.e., "There is no spoon." As Jesus said, "If you only had the faith of a mustard seed, you could do as I did, and much greater." I completely believe that... if you had total faith -- without a shred of a doubt -- that you could walk on water or walk through walls, I think you could. Jesus had this "mind over matter" thing down to a T, and I truly believe it's possible to achieve the same. Don't know if *I* will ever get there, probably not, but that's another issue.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You are the universe's dream. You can't die, only your consciousness. The reason you can't die, is because if you were to truly die, the universe would have to go along with you. Dying is sort of like going to sleep, and waking up as some guy in a Nigerian village and having no memory of being the person you once were, only the person you are now.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I do not have the necessary symptoms to be diagnosed with PTSD or any anxiety disorder (as according to DSM-IV...remember I am a psychotherapist after all). Also, My life is not stressful, any more than most people, and things are going very well. Its just that nothing feels the same and I dont feel as connected to people as I did before. Im becoming convinced that something happened. As in I came into another reality of sorts. Or I died in that universe and was able to somehow warp or "wake" myself into a parallel one.

If you feel like you are not quite "you" anymore whatsoever - you could be a walk-in. My husband is a walk-in. Its a rare phenominon but it does happen. And it usually happens during extreme illness like at a hospital- where your host body's spirit died and then your spirit took over and now you are living with their body and partial memories.

If memories dont feel "quite like yours" and if your attachments to people (girlfriend, wife, children, bestfriends) dont have an emotional bonds and you frankly question why you are going through the motions- this could very well be whats going on.

Im an expert on walk-in's. There are few experts in the world on this subject. Should you feel this relates to you, message me and we can talk further in private.

edit on 25-12-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join