It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it be that I never made it out of the Hospital

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Would it be possible for 9/11 to cause PTSD in people who where not in the area and knew no one who was? sounds like Shock fallowed PTSD

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
double post, broken mouse clicks twice

edit on 24-12-2010 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If you were still in the hospital in a coma, or in spirit somehow, then your post would be part of that, and we wouldn't be able to see it. Clearly we can. Sounds like some kind of dissociative anxiety. I imagine it's worse some times than others. Stress will bring it about, make it worse. Christmas is stress. Sugar is stress. People can be stressful. When you get weak and traumatized like that, it can take a while to get back to your old self.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
reply to post by sylvie

Would it be possible for 9/11 to cause PTSD in people who where not in the area and knew no one who was? sounds like Shock fallowed PTSD

Nah... I've seen much weirder things than the 9/11 attacks, and I'm not easy to shock. Besides, if I had PTSD, there should have been some kind of psychological fallout, wouldn't you think? Feeling frightened, anxious, depressed, insomnia, nightmares, and so on. Didn't have any of that.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
If you were still in the hospital in a coma, or in spirit somehow, then your post would be part of that, and we wouldn't be able to see it. Clearly we can. Sounds like some kind of dissociative anxiety. I imagine it's worse some times than others. Stress will bring it about, make it worse. Christmas is stress. Sugar is stress. People can be stressful. When you get weak and traumatized like that, it can take a while to get back to your old self.

No, if he died and woke up in a parallel dimension, how would YOU know about it? You'd be part of that dimension and so would have no concept of anything else.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Hm. Guess I'm not getting it then. I was thinking if he was in another place/state or existence then he would be unknown to me, because I am here, and have no knowledge of there. He would have to be here for me to see his posts in this place where I am.

Lol. Does that make sense?

No? I didn't think so.

Shoot. Now everything's all complicated.

Oh wait. Nevermind. If he is dead, then to see him I would have to be dead too, and I'm sure I am not. Yet.
Consequently, I am also sure that he is not.
edit on 12/24/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ya i wouldnt entertain these sort of thoughts.

I can assure you. You are alive.

What you need to realize is that youre probably still a little shaken and depressed because of the incident. But you need to think clearly and properly. This sort of train of thought leads no where good.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, if you are dead... then that means everyone else in the world is dead... and I am pretty sure I still have a pulse along with the rest of the world... So , no, I do not think you are dead... But maybe you should seek some help. Perhaps you are still traumatized by what ever it is that caused your hospital visit... Maybe you need to talk about it....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Was hospitalized around the same time, feel and experienced the same as you did.

Maya...

We are never dead, just change is all.

PS.

I really dont think we are the crazy ones, but keep tabs on those nasty thoughts they dont belong.

edit on 24-12-2010 by markjaxson because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by markjaxson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sometimes a force enters you and plays games with your mind. you start wondering about the weirdest things. IRRATIONAL things. its just a feeling. A feeling is not a command. Feelings can be incredibly evil when the logical mind doesnt assert its authority. In this case, obviously nothing good can come from this train of thought.

I know the fear and paranoia a thought like this can engender; which is why its paramount that he understand that this is the nature of the evil inclination; to challenge the peace of the mind. To inject strainge and irrational and terrifying ideas into it.

Only cure is to STOP thinking about it. fill your mind with good and constructive thoughts to challenge this idiotic thought. Its a war - between you and it.

There is absolutely no truth to this idea hes having, and some people here are sort of enabling this thought of his not realizing that hes traumatized by the experience. The last thing he needs is for the idea to be substantiated or endorsed.

This isnt the matrix. Movies like that are DESIGNED to promote a confusion between real and unreal. And it seems to be working well(this culture promotes this sort of insanity)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Do not listen to them my son, you are dead. Now is the time to make your donations. Please contact me, for further banking information.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've had fleeting feelings like that during panic attacks.
Somebody once described to me how they went to the cinema to watch the film The Others on hallucinogens and when they came out they thought they were dead. In a busy shopping center that was extremely horrifying.

If one believes in an afterlife and a spiritual world, then it's best to relax, because the issue is quite relative.
They will think they are alive, and we are dead.
It's just a matter of semantics.

If you are still in the hospital somewhere then enjoy it here while it lasts - you may be facing a huge bill when you wake up.
edit on 24-12-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Its just a paranoid thought hes having.

I sympathize with him because ive had some pretty terrifying experiences myself in the past; strange feelings and perceptions that were scary and painful to experience. Theyre simply not real and theyre the spiritual converse of what a disease does to a system - it attacks it.

But you made a good point in saying that its all relative; cause in the end, when all is said and done, we all return to the same one, and undifferentiated source of all that is. Just meditate on that thought when you get worried and it'll lose all its significance - the feeling and thought. Than youll be more easily able to reject it since this realization saps it of its force and conviction. If in the end, all is one and the same, why should i have fear of this feeling? So live happy and think positively cause its entirely in your power to do so.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This fear reminds me a bit of the themes in the film Sublime.
en.wikipedia.org...(film)
In the movie the protagonist has a routine colon examination, and he wakes up in an increasingly creepy hospital.
His wife has an affair with the immigrant doctor, his daughter visits him as a punk lesbian, and there is forced organ harvesting going on. Eventually a black male-nurse cuts off his fingers during a racial rant. It turns out he was in a coma, where all his most deepest fears became his reality.
It disturbed for me for weeks, because I thought I could one day be in a coma, and who can guarantee that this does not really happen?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It's an interesting philosophical question, but in the end I think the answer might be that it doesn't matter either way. This tends to be the answer to an awful lot of philosophical questions I think.

If you are indeed in a coma or already dead but are stuck in a reality where you appear to be concious and alive then what more can you do then live that life the best way you can and try to be happy.

The same goes for the questions, "what if we are living inside a computer program" "what if everyone else is just a product of my imagination" and "what if life is all a dream"

I love your OP though, I've never liked the phrase "live each day as if it is your last" as to me that has always implied some kind of fear of death in the equation, I will now replace that phrase with "live each day like you are already dead" I like it a lot more
edit on 24-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This thread really resonates with me, and it is funny I found it when I did. I was literally just about to post a thread on this exact same matter.

There were points in my life where I was about to die, and then all of a sudden, I would wake up and it would be a normal day... Very strange.

The latest one was about 4 months ago, where I was riding on the back of a car, and it was going a good 30 mph. I fell off the car and landed my skull sickeningly cracked on the asphalt. I remember going to my friends house, and feeling the life and consciousness slowly leaving me.

Next thing I know, I wake up and it is a normal day.

I have had many other similar experiences, dozens upon dozens within my life.

But whatever the case, We should live whatever reality this is, because this is the moment to treasure.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

lol..

Its really funny how we all think the same.

The elites fully know tha and this is why they fill our culture with the images.

Imagine what will be let loose on us when we really face difficulties greater than boredom....

I think Jung put it best

“loss of roots and lack of tradition neuroticize the masses and prepare them for collective hysteria. Collective hysteria calls for collective therapy, which consists of abolition of liberty and terrorization. Where rationalistic materialism holds sway, states tend to develop less into prisons than into lunatic asylums "

And we live in the most materialistic society, in the most materialistic era, in human history. Cases such as myjelly will be the norm when the economy collapses, and trade ceases or lags between nations. What about the 1/3rd who need their psychotropic drugs? Most of which are made in Europe or Mexico?

This is just one aspect of the evil the elites are planning to unleash on North America/Europe.. It will be insanity on a scale never before seen.
edit on 24-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

These are dreams, right?

Thats pretty frightening how vivid they are for you.

Awhile back - a few years back, i would have these really strange dreams. I would wakeup and pace throughout my house worried and disturbed - not internalizing that what i was worried about was an irrational emotional content that only had significance in my dream state. This i later found out is called "night psychosis". Its frightening, because your mind and your sanity really is the most precious thing we have.

It tends to only happen when im really stressed, and it hasnt happened for atleast a year. And last time it did occur i just calmed myself and prayed; prayer is the equilibrating factor which vanquishes the insanity and demonic nature of the panic and fear. Prayer order and reorients you to certain truths. The only power these states can have over one is in causing fear, or pain. If the fear and pain doesnt exist, than one no longer is subject to its force. Its memory fades in unconsciousness until completely forgotten and ignored by the conscious mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

"Could I have died in there? Could I still be in there, like I will wake up still in there? See what I mean..it all seems very not so real after that. I have a masters in psychology and understand what trauma can do and bla bla bla. But its just odd. I used to Lucid Dream a lot and still do, this all feels different. Anyone help me out, anyone have experience like this."

The reality that you most feel as real is your reality, but I dont think there is such a thing as one true reality, only a reality you would want to be your true reality. We just kind of shift from one to another, mostly without notice and usually with little veriation in between them, unless your in the twilight zone, I dont think it matters. The question you have to ask yourself, is why would you want to still be there on the hospital beed, is it a conscious  thing or something that is unconscious/nagging at you.

I have sometime felt like that, were you wonder if you died already, infact was once in a hospital and the doctors there said that I should of died, but it could of been just my state of exhaustion or a couple of other things including exaggeration on there part. To tell you the truth I didn't care then, and I dont care now. Or it could be a deja vu thing like you have been here before or did all this life before, only in different veriation's, and usually when it comes, it's at the most mundane times or place's like washing dishes, or playing basketball, or just sitting and watching the world go by. It's kind of like picking up different radio stations, and tuning on to there wavelength for a better reception then the other stations just fades away as you focus on the new wavelength, it's all in the mind I quess.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Cotard Delusion

This may be an answer for you assuming that you experienced head trauma. Talk to someone (professional) about it - it may help.

You are experiencing the ultimate in subjective reality, a real privilege. Just don't get stuck in heaven yet there is work to be done here still.
edit on 24-12-2010 by greenorbs because: fixed link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join