It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone.....intelligent, privy or bored on ATS....Analyze me!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Don't worry, all my threads die as well. They go to thread hell.

It looks like you've suceeded in allowing this thread to survive, which is ironic.

Anyways you seem like a cool person, and I like your threads.

Threadbrothers?

Sure!!!

But I must call you out, in true ATS style, that I am highly offended that you are calling me brother....

Threadsisters?

Peace.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Oh my WORD; and was this person actually discussed on ATS?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

You don't mean the PENCIL AND PAPER!?

And thank you for the complement.

But seriously, if you want some flags just search the popular alternative news sites for breaking news. That's sure to bag you some right there.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Yes at first he denied it, then he said it was a picture "taken by him" and then he eventually confessed to it being taken randomly from the net.

It got him a lot of stars before it was discovered though.

Men = predictable and thats coming from a man

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

You edited this 2 times with only the very limited amount of content you had?

Perhaps that is an error; organize your thoughts into main points, heading, content, and footer sections. Make the point, support the point, and conclude the point. Be concise, "chunk-it" up, and don't be too wordy; people won't read past the first sentence unless you "hook them" by the first couple of words.

It's like a motion picture trailer; use a good "slug-line." Convince me why I want to see your movie, or in this case, read your article.

Great job! Getting 3 flags on a post about nothing.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I agree with the other poster who said that you need to get a picture up on that profile of yours.

Dont be one of the faceless strangers, join us. Post a profile pic. Be a part of the fun

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

...try the stance that someone's gotta suck at it and see if that helps...

...at least you're making threads (and some really good ones too)... i dont cuz i'm too busy with my oh so excitingly glamorous life to make the effort (translates to: threads = work and i can always find something else to do that doesnt feel like work)... i dont worry about it... i'm contributing to the community... someone has to read this crap and pass out stars and flags and waste vitual paper with blah blah blah... thats about all i'm good for (at least online)...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I honestly don't know. There are just so many people on all the time thats all. At least you create threads
I get drunk and say stuff and the next day go OMG
But hey don't give up

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well, I'm not particularly intelligent, privy, or bored. But what you need is the word PROOF!!! in one of your threads. Works every time. Making an outrageous claim nobody can really prove or disprove works pretty good too.

Seriously though. I think SaturnFX nailed it. Timing seems to play a substantial part in it. But no doubt about it, controversy and sensationalism are right there too. As well as huge, well written threads with pictures to break up the text.

I think everyone has had what they might consider dud threads. I wouldn't get too concerned. I'll be watching for your next one.

Maybe you'll find a time traveller in an old movie or a picture. Or see pretty lights in the sky.

edit on 23-12-2010 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Hmm does it show arrogance to question why others dislike your threads? Or maybe it is a self image thing? Either way who cares.

What a minute you got me to post in this thread and keep it alive.
Jokes on me.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

S and F

Merry Christmas,

You need to start extremely poignant threads like mine,

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 123131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It's not so much about the flags; it's more about being ignored....when you post and people don't post back?

[sigh] but such is the world today, I suppose....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Thank you for your suggestions.

While they are not new to me, they are nice to hear again.

I think my problem is that I post on the "fly" and then, I am a big time editor....

One little mistake, if I'm not too busy, and I censor/edit myself...I'm a college professor btw, so it's just natural to me.

Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

My musical bud,

But isn't that just another illusion if it isn't really who we are?

But a kind gal on here is working on what I would like an avatar to be...so we shall see what comes about.

I do have an old avvvy, but its size isn't working for me...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

OK, I suck at it and I don't really care!

Actually, I'm just frequenting this site, and others, plus skype, im, fb, etc. because I'm stuck in a hotel suite due to a recent move from Cali to the mid-west US...FUN

Thanks for your comments; we seem a lot alike!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

But take my word for it, Breaking Alternative News ALWAYS receives replies.
edit on 12/24/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

LMAO at your comment and location.

I have a former sorority sister from Cowpens!!!! But someone on ATS????

We went to UGA together.

PM me, especially if you're a dawg fan; I'm sure we'll have a lot in common!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
By now im pretty sure everyone is just posting to debunk your initial theory...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Your life went through a recent upheaval. You admit to this, in a way... But you avoid the real crux of what happened. It's like you say "I lost my lollipop" but you neglect to discuss the bully who beat you up and took it. Whatever is hidden behind your truths is what is destroying you. It is eating at you. It is making you feel empty and lost.

This is then manifest in a general malaise. For a fleeting moment ATS filled that empty place, but now it is not doing so and you feel frightened.

Address the hidden truth and you will see a change in how you post, and the reactions that you receive. But for now, this self-doubt and pain is poisoning your ability to let the real "you" show through.

That's my guess.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Hmm does it show arrogance to question why others dislike your threads? Or maybe it is a self image thing? Either way who cares.

Not me....
I am just going insane being cooped up in a hotel suite after a move to the tundra...

What a minute you got me to post in this thread and keep it alive. Jokes on me.

I love people who can laugh at themselves! You seem like a fun person.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join