It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone.....intelligent, privy or bored on ATS....Analyze me!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes I do need to start some threads like yours, and I would post now but I'm exhausted.

I will look out for your name, Stormdancer!

Cheers, Happy Holidays, and Peace.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

But take my word for it, Breaking Alternative News ALWAYS receives replies

Yes, I've noticed that as I have it on favourite forums; however, the caveat to starting the thread is beating others to it...which is difficult to do in a hotel suite with everyone tooo much in your space.

I actually noticed a difference in ATS when I joined almost 2 years ago and now -- I don't think they had breaking at that time. But I was definitely into alternative sources back then.

Thanks for your advice.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff,

Thanks for your feedback, and when I said "Analyze me," you certainly did.

You are right; I have undergone major life changes within the last month.

Moving from California to the Mid-West was a big mistake and I regret it.
I was employed, now I'm temporarily unemployed....
I loved the weather, now I hate the weather...
The list could go on and on, but the point is clear.

I'm stressed, depressed, have lost too much weight, and I can't sleep!
No wonder my posts suck

Anyhow, thank you for your honest evaluation of the matter....

My best,
SJ

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

well I seem to be quite good at killing other peoples threads whether they wanted me to or not...

either that or I just show up late to the party...

-B.M

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is the first thread you made that I remember posting in. I would say, treat it like an essay..? Do more research and make a larger well put together OP..? 90% of my threads die.. we all can't be Airspoon or Protoplasmic Traveler..

Good luck

oo eta: also, you can't force it.. you gotta let it come to you.. be patient and take your time..
edit on 24-12-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I am a bitch.

Maybe it's because you FAIL to follow T&C and continued to post FILTHY mouthed language?

I mean, come on, if you don't have enough respect for ATS and it's participants to follow the rules - why should we give a flying flock a frigates what your posts are about?

peace

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
See You can keep a thread going, People love to gravitate toward pointless.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
Perhaps it is because I ramble on....

Maybe, I am a bitch...or worse, BORING

Why, oh why, every post or thread I create dies?

Don't be shy!

I am thick-skinned....Tell me, please

edit on 23-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: 'cuz I always do

edit on 23-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

I can shake your hands

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well I will disagree with Heff.

Do NOT be yourself! Either online or in life. If you want to get ahead in any realm - make sure to be the fakest and shallowest person that you can be. Also, be sure to act extremely stupid. Willful ignorance is the way to go. Be sure to link as many Fox news stories as you can find. It makes no difference at all if they have absolutely no relevance to the topic at hand.

Now as far as avatars go - yes a hot female does help, but you say you are male - so this is what you want to do - go find a CGI pic of macho military assassin sort - the closer it looks to a GI Joe doll, the better. Even if you are a 400 lb whale or a 98 lb weakling- make sure to find the most macho looking thing that you can. Act like you know everything also. Go back and forth - I'm a retard but I'm also General Patton and I actually *invented* all military strategy that ever was. That book "The Art Of War"? - YOU wrote it. Make sure to point out that you're a huge Casanova with the ladies also. In fact, you are SO hot that gay men, lesbians, asexuals, blind people, and zombies are beating a path to your door.

Be sure to indirectly insult people too. Begin all sentences with - "I don't mean to be offensive but", or - "With all due respect" - and then proceed to insult freely in a vague way. Use insincere friendly familiars also - buddy, friend, kiddo, pal. Sprinkle these liberally among the insults and people will actually THANK YOU for setting them straight.

I hear what you're saying about the Midwest. But, it will grow on you. I used to live in Cali myself but came back to the Midwest. With all due respect - I think you're just being foolish
Look at it this way too - there's slim chance that you'll contract Desert Fever here. Of course if you go to any of the beaches here - that chance will increase exponentially. Where do you think they get the sand from? Around here? I don't mean to be offensive, Kiddo, but anyone who believes that is a fleeping idiot. No, the constantly needed sand is imported from Mexico, Guatemala, and Iraq. I know these things because I am General Patton and I invented the entire government. So take my word for it. PAL.

PS - there are Mods and others here who will help you with an avatar, and even make one for you. Be sure to specify that you want a "GI Joe Special Deluxe."

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Double post. But of course I *meant* to do that

edit on 24-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: It was the innernet's fault

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

I hear ya!

I'll check out some of your *dead-end" posts, Morrison

Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by sonjah1

I am a bitch.

Maybe it's because you FAIL to follow T&C and continued to post FILTHY mouthed language?

I mean, come on, if you don't have enough respect for ATS and it's participants to follow the rules - why should we give a flying flock a frigates what your posts are about?

...gosh, i hope that was veiled humor...

Originally posted by silo13
peace

...seems hypocritical...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh, silo:

I am a bitch.

Maybe I should have said "biatch"?

Actually, my husband was British-schooled, so the word is actually used frequently in our home.

For example, our dog, Michael Owen, needs a *BITCH* to mate with so he's not so lonely; and the kids will have more pups to play with.

Isn't this a British site, afterall?

Maybe I'm wrong....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by him777

See You can keep a thread going, People love to gravitate toward pointless.

So true! You are very observant.

But, actually, as the OP, I have actually have learned a bit through this thread.....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets

Use insincere friendly familiars also - buddy, friend, kiddo, pal. Sprinkle these liberally among the insults and people will actually THANK YOU for setting them straight.

You talkin about me, guy?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Most creative post yet, Whiffer Nippets!

Erm...I am an old woman so the war-hawk military Call of Duty avatar will not work for me....OR maybe it will?

You must have ESP...how did you know I got valley fever when I first moved to Cali?

Mid-western, too? My bets are that you at least have some family here......well, we shall see how it goes here, or maybe NOT!

Thanks for a funny, satirical, informative post,

Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I can shake your hands

Best obscure, confusing post yet....

Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

No way man! I give you props for having a truly original style

ETA - Sonjah - sorry to hear that you got Desert Fever. I had it once and it was wicked bad! And since you say you are an "old woman" - how about a pic of "Auntie Em" from the Wizard of Oz for an avatar? Works for a "midwestern" theme also.

Oh and not to scare you - but if you've just been here a short while - wait til summer hits. Hayfever FEST! YARG!
I should go scout for a pollen pic to use as a future summer avatar

It's really not so bad here, once you get used to it. I live in Chicago, BTW, not too familiar with other midwestern areas.

One thing that may remind you of Cali is to tour the Great Lakes. There are many excellent beaches and you can even go surfing.

Here's a surfing video - might be a new hobby to pursue. Ronnie Inchworm will go with ya, he's a tough guy

edit on 24-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why do you care? If you have issues, you have issues! Nobody's holding that back from you! Why worry? Life's a b.....d and then you get on with it! I know I'm not gonna get an 'action man' for my xmas this year... So what! I ain't gonna stick a pipe from my car through the window cause of it! Get real!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

...speaking of having time to kill - you gave me some ideas... yep, its your fault cuz you dont have an avatar and its not like its rocket science and your friend thats supposed to be making you one is taking too long and so i took it upon myself to show you how easy it is... hows that for a run-on sentence?...

...first i thought - midwest tundra and came up with these...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c404b775a3a6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84769b460ce4.jpg[/atsimg]

...and then i thought "shriveled mermaid" and found this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c28e4e441ff3.jpg[/atsimg]

...this one isnt shriveled... its just pokechop ugly...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3d06c0a1bae.jpg[/atsimg]

...heres some purties...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0a8fc602285.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3ad97620843.jpg[/atsimg]

...dont know if booty cleavage is a t&c violation - hopefully not...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join