It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crusading in the name of Darwin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

No one can answer your question because no one has used the theory of evolution to start a war or a crusade.

It's a nonsense question just to provoke argument

edit on 23-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FPB214
reply to post by SaturnFX

That's rare to me, but if that's the way it affected you then that's the way it affected you. Thing is, when your 6 years old, and you hear somebody literally call your name, and you remember it to this day, you say "how is their not an afterlife?", "how is this possible?"

See, I would have written that off as simply an active imagination during the cottonbrained youth age.

I needed far far more powerful demonstrations for me to even contemplate such "oddness"...but thats beside the point.

According to christianity, the dead do not speak to the living...only angels and demons. But, this is a topic overall that is not on topic..lets just say, there is a reason I am an agnostic atheist verses just a hard atheist. I have spent a considerable amount of time studying many areas because I really was (and am) curious about what happened..and as we know, when you truely study with a open mind with no demand as to how things must be, you end up supporting an agnostic worldview, and an atheistic view of religions.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

No one can answer your question because no one has used the theory of evolution to start a war or a crusade.

mkay Sir Spanners...

did you watch the videos in the topic "the Dark Face of Darwinism" ?

it is a very valid question along with my statement of having to pay special attention to this limited group.

our very future may depend on it.

you could have answered with a very simple yes/no and then provided small expansion on your answer, but it seems there are a small group here who can not do that either.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You know...we should though dammit! Lets make rules...theists use weapons not evolved since the time of Christ...aka, iron swords and shields, and Atheists get to use what science has evolved..aka guided missiles and tanks...

Unfair? naa...they got a deity on their side...so they will probably win..ultimately we won't know though.
So..we ship all of them over to say, Europe...we can all go to England or something and its go time...

Come on...we can have cool uniforms and everything..thinking something kevlar with glowing eyes...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ok then

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
I have posted a reply in a certain thread posing the question...

Are those who wish to use Darwins Theory of Evolution any different than those of ancient history who have used Religion in general to crusade in the name of their God ?

No.

because no one has ever started a war or a crusade based on the theory of evolution.

better?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c8a161b37c4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'd be a little nervous of falling fowl to the "whoever has the simplest uniform wins" rule.

I also think your being a little bit unfair on the guys that invented the Iron shields and swords, they must have been fairly scientific at the time.
Unsharpened rocks might just be permissible, as long as they don't use any physics to work out trajectories

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I understand. Many people have said that to me, but all I can say is, that is the only single thing that ever happened to me as a child, 6 or 7 years old. I remember the moment, I remember every hair on my body becoming cold and standing straight up, no joke. I believe there is more to it, considering im almsot 19 now and just a few months ago saw a blue/white light sleeping in my girlfriend's spare bedroom. Once again, I was somewhat, shocked. Since that is the first prominent thing to happen to me since that voice. It wasn't the window because the window had two layers of curtains totally blocking any light. It shot straight down, stopped in its tracks and shot straight back up through the ceiling. This was early this year. I know this wasn't an "overactive imagination." Yet, I understand why you have an agnostic view. In a way, I try to hold that as well. Like i've said in other post's, honestly im always trying to be skeptical about things and find out what could truly explain it. Yet, when those things happen to you at that moment, I can't think of anything that could cause either of those two things. Either way, I respect your statements because even though those experiences happened to me, I still do not fully know for 100% fact what it was and/or how it happened.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I'd be a little nervous of falling fowl to the "whoever has the simplest uniform wins" rule.

I also think your being a little bit unfair on the guys that invented the Iron shields and swords, they must have been fairly scientific at the time.
Unsharpened rocks might just be permissible, as long as they don't use any physics to work out trajectories

Was just trying to sneak in some advantages...winging rocks and using sticks is not really much of a challenge. I mean, the game should be set on at least easy verses tutorial mode....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

the signs of a very hurt and pitiful person...

I have to admit

I Love you though SFX I do, and I know you do not understand this right now.

Have you had your baby look up at you from the crib yet ?

me neither but I know how it must feel, I have a very large family...
edit on 12/23/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Are those who wish to use Darwins Theory of Evolution any different than those of ancient history who have used Religion in general to crusade in the name of their God ?

No one is using Evolution to do anything. There are people defending the theory of Evolution from Creationists who attempt to straw-man it and get their religiously biased viewpoints put in science classes but that's about it. I don't know of anyone who "wishes to use" Evolution for anything unless you count educating people about the evidence for Evolution as using it or, as you say in the OP "crusading".
edit on 23-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

the signs of a very hurt and pitiful person...

I have to admit

I Love you though SFX I do, and I know you do not understand this right now.

Have you had your baby look up at you from the crib yet ?

me neither but I know how it must feel, I have a very large family...
edit on 12/23/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

I have all but raised a niece and a nephew. I have taught them to be skeptical and clever..but not to dismiss religion simply because I said so, just to spend time researching themselves and do what they feel is right.

As far as love? What is love anyhow..I respect you as a human being, I disagree with your theological views, however, I may end up agreeing wholeheartedly with you in some other area like pizza toppings, or movie choices. I don't feel overly emotional over any one subject, and am hardly hurt or emotional..actually, my atheistic view allowed me to toss off superstition and gave me freedom to expand and grow my understanding of the universe...it also allowed me to ponder things cut off by religious indoctrinations.

Do you know anything about the seven steps of transition? Have you ever had a Chakra open up? have you ever seen anything move by itself through meditation and asking while open? no...because religion forbids you to question your reality, and explore the true depths of our nature.

I feel a bit bad that religious people tend to block themselves from life, but ultimately its not my care.

Incidently...all the stuff I mentioned, what does it mean? I don't know...and that is the whole concept of being an agnostic..to stop pretending you know everything, be it science, or supernatural...no big easy book of answers...you study with a open mind, do not believe what people tell you without evidence, and simply find your own truth.

Care to discuss the merits of double cheese and pepperoni?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Extra cheese, stuffed crust and extra mushroom. It's the best.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Extra cheese, stuffed crust and extra mushroom. It's the best.

Mushroom? are you serious?

For this, you must die!

Its a frikkin fungus! a growth...if you leave your pizza out for a few weeks they will grow naturally on it!!! YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO EAT FUNGUS!!!

(add: unless they are magical of course
)
edit on 23-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Lol, magical or not, they are great on pizza. How can you not like mushroom on pizza? Even a few mushrooms here and there will make any person who doesnt like mushroom fall in love. This topic went from Darwin's theory and religion to pizza.

edit on 23-12-2010 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Lol, magical or not, they are great on pizza. How can you not like mushroom on pizza? Even a few mushrooms here and there will make any person who doesnt like mushroom fall in love. This topic went from Darwin's theory and religion to pizza.

Listen, I don't want to know about mushroomanity, simply put, your wrong. Meat belongs on pizza...not spores, not fungus..none of it!

Your wrong, you should be locked away!

crazy...just crazy!

-speaks in cheese stuffed toungues-

and ya...the threads probably dead...once the horse is beat, its beat.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
LOL, so you're really gonna start 1 anti-Darwin thread per day now?

This one's just as stupid as the last few ones. Of course the crusades in the name of religion aren't the same. They did the crusades based on illogical and irrational behavior...as religion in itself isn't based on logic.

People don't act out evolution (can't believe I'm saying this), evolution is a natural process that just happens. You don't chose to "follow evolution" or "Darwin"...you can't chose in fact as you evolve for a fact and there's nothing you can do about it. Not all your actions are based on evolution. I know you love mentioning stuff like the conquistadores invading the Aztecs...totally ignoring the fact that they did that for resources/gold and not because they believed to be superior.

I'm really at a loss as to why you try to accuse Darwin of a NATURAL PROCESS. Darwin didn't start a movement or religion, he just stated some facts as to how living beings evolve. It's a natural process and not a choice you as a human make, you can't "unlink" yourself from all the other beings, lol.

Essentially, what you're doing is about the same as a person who fell blaming Newton for gravity.

edit on 23-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Anything you desire belongs on pizza lol, people put the weirdest crap on pizza. Anyways, your probably right man. See you on another thread. Merry Christmas by the way, to all. Or Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Darwin's work to me, expresses one underlaying and underlining point that has been the law of nature since whenever the dawn of the first day may've been which is;

Survival of the fittest.

(That is over now, thanks to welfare, and other sorts of subsidies so that even the poorest, most useless may survive today)

I think I grasp what you are at least trying to get at here. Do we want a world of 'athiests' , a godless, science-bound by the chart, by the book culture?

The answer is yes & No. We need a FUSION of spirituality and science. They are truly one in the same separated by language and interpretation.

PS Hitler was spiritual, and believed heavily in aliens. (Watch History's "Ancient Aliens, the 3rd Riech")

Spiritual does not always mean Godly, witch craft is spiritual yet follows Satan as guide.

The original definition of science is to know knowledge,
With that we are all scientist in many areas, as we know knowledge.
And any real scientist by today's definition does not know everything about the field they are studying they are constantly researching, and in many cases they take for granted and except the published words of other scientist without ever researching to see if they are correct.

As for me I am a self educated creation scientist. I do research in many areas I am not able to do experiment on much of what I except but as a Excavation contractor and prospector I have see much geological formations that do not fit long and slow processes.

I love science but I do not except the theory of evolution as science but a faith based belief that has been proved wrong in just about every turn yet is still funded by my tax dollars and force feed into children as fact.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

You're welcome to post in this thread and show the world that amazing proof you have that debunks evolution. We're 10 pages in, and so far everyone has failed.

I applaud your interest in science, but if you believe the scientific community is doubting evolution, you have been reading the wrong books or websites (creation science institute, lol). We've gained so much knowledge about it since Darwin, and have DNA backup too for the past 25-35 years...and of course we're actively using the findings in modern medicine. You wouldn't have a lot of the meds you have access to today if the theory were wrong. And lastly, if it were debunked, it wouldn't be called a scientific theory.

Saying the theory of evolution has been debunked is about as stupid as saying the theory of gravity has been debunked. I am seriously worrying for the public education system...or people's willingness to accept facts. I mean, comon', all it takes is 30min of reading Wiki to know 100% of the creationist "debunking arguments" are complete hogwash!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join