It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
First, you begin with LOL. I can't believe I'm actually responding to this.
Second, psychologists are the some of the weirdest people out there.
This stuff is actually pretty interesting when you pay attention to it, but don't forget about the people who come to this site for their freedom of speech and to avoid negative judgment. Metaphysics, philosophy, cosmic wonders... it's not all 'negative' content. The reason I quote negative is because it is a relative term - based on your perspective. You think it's bad; others don't. You should probably enlighten yourself a bit to understand this concept of dualities. The world will be a better place when you do this and stop pretending like you know things.
I'm actually going to FLAG this so that more people can come to criticize your idiotic generalization.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Goal Shack because: added line

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well I do not share your point of view totally.

I don't think that people who think the world is going to end (soon) are ill minded somehow. But they are seriously misguided. Most of us (including me) have spent many years in a system that primary has one goal: total control over the population by a few "powerful" people. THIS is ill. So I really can understand why some people think that the world is goind to end. Because they were told so and they believe to many things without thinking about them.

The key points for everyone are:

QUESTION EVERYTHING.
USE YOUR OWN HEAD.
USE YOUR OWN INTUITION.
DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!

So people who think that the world is going to end just believe so because they have NOT followed these key guideline points to the best possible extent. Mostly they just repeat what TPTB wanted them to believe. TPTB has many tools to install such misguidance. The media play a very important role. The result of swallowing all this false turth is fear. And fear allows them (TPTB) to control (you / us). And that's their intent. Sadly it still works for too many people

But the question is: What is YOUR intent?

We all are capable of altering the world. It has to do with "mind over matter" or with "manifestation".
If a majority on this planet would indeed believe that the world is going to end. Then it might very well just do that.

Therefore I have a good advice for you all. If you find someone who really believes that the world is going to end tomorrow / 2012 / any day soon... then open his / her eyes. Help him to do some research on his / her own.

I have noticed that in the moment you confront someone with (rarely known) facts that are really solid and using profound logic that cannot be debated then this person will begin to rethink a little. Give him some additional evidence and sources to verify your claims. And he might convert to something else

I don't believe that the world is going to end EVER along this reality path. We are just going through some kind of massive transformation - or "upgrade" as I like to call it - very soon

Take care!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
First line of the OP killed the respect I had reserved for it.

Fears are not mental illnesses.

Odynephobia- Fear of pain

Studies suggest that more than 99.5% of people are odynephobic.

If phobias are mental illnesses, everyone on this planet is clinically insane in some form.

The end.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Just like they said y2k, everything was going to shut down, and the sky was going to fall, and we as a society were going to be in despair.

Nope, not buying it!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Everything is an illness these days. You like cheese burgers your a sick sick person! There has got to be an illness for trying to make everything under the sun a "mental illness" or some kind of disorder. I am going to just live my life and not care what others think.

Good day.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Just like they said y2k, everything was going to shut down, and the sky was going to fall, and we as a society were going to be in despair.

Nope, not buying it!

Um, wow.

Y2K was based on absolutely nothing logical.

The idea was that the computers would not understand how to go from 1999 to 2000. Anyone who knows anything about technology knows that if they go to 1999, they go to 9999. The only things that were affected were bank tills that already had the "19" part of the "19xx" instills into their databases. Easily worked around for the few weeks before it was completely fixed with very little hassle.

2012 was predicted thousands of years ago based on scientific solar activity, volcanic trends, and the Earth's electromagnetic field. Coincidentally it has almost all been completely backed up by modern science, regardless of whether or not it was their intention to prove or disprove this 2012 with their scientific research in the process.

People who relate 2012 to Y2K are the fools that were stupid enough to think Y2K was something more than a less-than-elaborate hoax put on by large electronics manufacturers to get people to replace their electronic equipment with their "New Y2K Safe" electronic equipment and fix a problem that never existed.

Whether or not you believe in the Mayan Calendar predictions, astrological research over the past 10 years has proven that there will be solar activity in late 2012 that the world has not witnessed since before our last Ice Age.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I like your mom. I 've worked with staff that have been in psych so long that they themselves started to see things... like ghost on the unit. It was something to see! I think we tolerate certain behaviours readily and don't notice them amongst our peers at work and except them. But yeah! Goonie goo goo!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
OP, speak for yourself.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get me...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

"Drink 1 beer per day? ur an alcoholic "

Come to Canada... we consider more than 750ml of liquor a day to be alcholism. Woo hoo!

edit on 23-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So I guess dictators starting a nuclear holocaust is just mentaly fake...It is a topic some people like to discuss.What an absurd thread...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I am not here because I am paranoid. I joined because I have an interest in things such as UFO's, Ghosts, the paranormal in general and I have found even more interests thanks to this site.

So anyone who thinks the world will end is crazy? What about the scientists who say that the Sun will burn out in about 11 billion years ( I think it was) thus turning the earth into a frozen ball of ice, destroying any life on it.... Are they crazy?

Sure, that is an end of the world scenario based on actual science, but they are discussing the end of the world, even it is 11 billion years away...

So does crazy depend on WHEN you think it will end? Or just the idea that it will end, period?

Exactly...man..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Personality Disorder... narcissistic!? "Don't question my logic" Ha ha your spelling it out!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
'alumminati '

OMG DONT TELL ME THE ALUMINUM CANS ARE IN ON IT TOO!

Hmm you make a valid point, being addicted to conspiracies is like a general on a battlefield, pumping his soldiers full of information about how good the enemy is, how there is no hope, how the enemy has superior technology etc etc

I keep telling my 'conspiracy' friends look give me something positive dammit it can get pretty freakin fdemoralizing!

There needs to be balance, the general needs to give an accurate account of the problems, then form a battleplan then take action!

Personally I would list the following as much more mentally ill:

-Those who believe politicians, mainstream media and the 'mainsream'

-Those who vote and think because they choose between two evils they are free

etc etc

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Reply to this post,

The ones who think it is not may not be mentally ill but they certainly are asleep. It is like a super highway ending at the solid rock of a mountain and the driver at high speed has dosed off and is only a hundred feet from the solid rock impact, he will never wake up. The whole world is asleep to the true reality of the situation that it has come to. If Yahweh doesn't take care and bring it to a close man is about to annihilate his own fool self.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I would suggest looking into the creation of the Diagnostic Statistics Manual or the DSM as mental health workers refer.

For someone to be considered to have the paranoia subtype of dissociative identity disorder then political and religious beliefs DO NOT come into play.

I know that the article probable made you chuckle, but anyone with an education in Psychology would refute this immediately.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, technically, the world is ending... If something has a beginning it has an end. We are constantly working our way toward an end. Maybe not the way people predict, or the way the bible suggests, but, an end none-the-less. Personally, I joined this site to learn about conspiracies and ETs.

Good Sir or Ma'am, not really sure...Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

"People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill."

Yes, but the people who cannot recognize impermanence are equally so.

Moving on...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What if fear is a natural response to a very unnatural reality.

The ones that find themselves happy and everything goes their way god bless america capitalism apple pie and chevrolet are the true mentally ill ones.

The ones freaking out, killing people, living on the streets, just not getting along socially with everyone in a group of harmony are the ones that are mentally healthy

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
OP, speak for yourself.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get me...

"if they're really out to get me" - that's too funny. I keep telling people who make fun of me, when the new world order happens, they'll come to me for advice. As long as it's not math or science related I'll do what I can to help.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I starred & flagged it, even though i don't agree completely.
Adrenaline junkie? Been there, done that

My job is very dangerous, one wrong move could get me killed, and on several occasions it's been a close call.
Being aware of the danger makes you learn not to take risks. The adrenaline is still there but you learn to control it.I'm quite safe so long as i stay focused.
Paranoia? Yes, most people are a little bit, it's healthy, in small doses.
Do i think the world will end? Not this week, but it's not in tip-top condition either, is it?
I think the planet will survive, but whether we will is another question...........

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join