It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Are we mentally ill? Are we really?

If you think about it we aren't really ill we are merely trying to see what goes on behind the scenes. The fact is, which is true, everyone has an agenda, and I mean everyone. The only reason some people's agenda don't come to fruit is because they don't have enough resources. However there are some that have enough resources to be able to function in the background without detection. This is mainly due to collusion between people, industries, and agenda's.

For you to say everyone here is mentally ill is foolish on your part. You claim we are mentally ill for seeking the truth but really it is you who is mentally ill for thinking you are being told the truth.

No one knows what the truth is, not any organization within the government. It is IMPOSSIBLE for one entity to know the truth within every sect of the world. So it would be foolish of you to think we are all mentally ill for seeking the truth.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzCory

i bet they allow it ATS is muslim sympathetic they secretly hate americans themselves i think lol So cussing americans calling us fat and ignorant is good business for them lol

Um, have you ever considered getting help for your OCLOLD?
OCLOLD is a relatively new condition, believed to be brought on by excessive participation on internet message boards & in chat rooms, so you may not be aware of its existence yet.
FYI, its full medical name is Obsessive-Compulsive LOL Disorder.

i LOL at everything LOL.....
every meet one of those people who laugh's alot when they talk ...that's me lol
So yes i got the LOL syndrome bad lol
Told you ats is full of sick people lol

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

When you search for truth where do you search?
MSM is where all the news comes from then trickles down threw the lower branch's of media.
Fast check.org is corrupt as they get when it comes to obama fact's.
He even served as a member on a board .

Is your TRUTHS coming from ATS?
Where at then on ats?
cause 1 thread in 10 barely has a once of truth in it.

Not everyone in life has a agenda your PARANOID man lol
i just want to live eat crap and die of old age
and 99% of all people that they exact same thing...so omg the agenda is filling up here lol

You do realize the world has been turning for millions of year's.
there was no conspiracy ..it just did.
I can make a conspiracy out of any subject with the right time.

My point is living a life searching for truth. is ok to each there own.
But when you find truth such as me speaking to you like a best friend would honestly with no bullcrap.
You think i am lying to you ..maybe the media sent me to mess with your minds IDK .

Its called live life and i could care less what happens cause you know what?
It will happen anyways regardless what you think.

If they really want to kill us and put us in camp's.
They can and will.
Otherwise they wont lol

Murphys law.
What ever will happen can and will happen at the most horrible time.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It depends what you mean by "the world ends". Even among the people who believe the world will end, there is no consensus on how it will end. One scenario is that the solar flare will wipe out all the living things on earth by burning them all. But I think the deep sea creatures will still survive in that situation. The other one is that the comet associated with Nibiru will strike the earth and shift the earth's axis and bring the world wide extinction. But even in this scenario, there will still be humans, animals, plants survive and flourish afterwards.

The world actually doesn't end. What actually ends may be the civilization we know what it is.

But then there is a different kind of the end of the world.

I'm pondering about the "good" kind of end.

The death of the false paradigm and the birth of a new paradigm that will bring the world a new kind of peace and prosperity.

What we are experiencing worldwide now may the birth pain of this new paradigm. No child can be born without the pain of the mother. So I'm an eternal optimist. The world will end but not the way you all may think.

I see the world of peace and prosperity, without hunger and disease, where there are no conflicts between the nations, where the greed and deceit have no place to hide.

It will certainly be the end of the "old" world.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

lol...

I´m here because I like to look at things from different perspectives.

P.S.
the world is really ending, its inevitable.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Its funny how people think that those who are trying to seek the truth are sick. It seems to me that those who sit watching TV alday, going about the 9-5 and not giving a damn about what is being done to their fellow human are the ones who are sick.

I joined ATS through my desire to find the truth about things i noticed in the world and the fact that i have an interest in Faith, The Divine, UFO's etc...

I aint paranoid...i'm curious

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Understand that "ALL fear" is induced by external means! - it is so because there's billions to be made pushing pills to help such fear (or what you call mental illness)...

As real as "fear" may seem...ALL fears (bar death) are "NOT personal" to you!...they have been induced and so people live in consequence to them!

"Fear" is purely a fiction of "ones own imagination" (hence why others may not fear what you may do!)

We ALL chose not to live (I was born without choice) and as I arrived I will die the same way (without choice)...

The only choices we have is in how we "live today"...in this experience we call "life"!

Get over the fear of death and embrace the experience of life

"Induced fear" has broken our species for thousands of years and it's time to get rid of such nonsense

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

So I'm simply on the lookout for the new frame of reference, the new self, the new paradigm, the new world or new creation or simply put - what's coming, as something novel and functional, to replace what's old, outworn, and useless (the world we THOUGHT we knew). In scientific jargon, a Monistic Idealism (consciousness is primary) replacing an outmoded Newtonian Materialist Monism (matter, alone, is primary).

I've got a framework that you may want to consider. But this thread is already too big. I'll flesh my theory out a bit before presenting it. I'll probably start a new thread though.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

But when you have as great a love for the planet's inhabitants, as you do the planet itself, well then you're up to something of value, something helpful, formative, worthy of the human being. Otherwise, and please don't take this the wrong way, you're just part of the same damn problem, that of separation and harsh judgement, cynicism, and even negativity, which is just not helpful. Takes a bit to get to that point, to think the way I'm asking, begging you to think. We weren't trained to think this way either, as can be seen by many of the posts to this topic and others. There's just a terrible lack of awareness and of understanding ,as to the root cause of the problem, and it's solution.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I didnt read through all the posts so forgive me if this has already been stated

but many times we have seen other planets get obliterated and stars exploding and comets hitting other planets and planets colliding into other planets, whos to say that that CANT happen to our planet? after all earth is just another planet floating in space only thing is we have life on it, i dont think that just because theres life on this planet that we are immune to natural causes and planetary cosmic phenomena.

=) im not saying the world is ending, im just saying i wouldnt be surprised if it did.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

A new frame, worthy of consideration. That should be interesting, can't wait. What will the thread be called so I can look for it? Thanks, sounds cool.

edit on 23-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Please don't mod me here for quoting, and quoting myself at that, but I really wanted to make sure that this got the appropriate consideration that it deserves.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

All of us have something, something we're working out or on, and it's a great work, hopefully, in the final analysis, when we get to the end of the line and laugh at loud at our own folly, shed a few tears, and then laugh again, and smile. There's nothing else, really, going on, just whatever inspires a person in the space of nothing, or, as needed, a radical transformative forgiveness, through the "grokking" of one's ongoing saga, or life drama. That's why I changed by description in my avatar from heir to the throne, as if "ruling", to OmegaPoint Logotherapist, which means what I just said, the end, but not without meaning, purpose, and eventually humour, and mirth, and the free possibility of real love, and real life, authentic, relative to our own absurdity, and inauthenticity. As an omegapoint logotherapist, I could make anyone laugh at themselves eventually, just sitting there in non-judgement, on a rock, holding up a mirror. And when they get the joke, at the end of time, so to speak, then they could still come back as needed, and we could then ah measure their degree of authentic joy, even in the midst of sorrows, but at that point, they wouldn't need ME anymore, as the "therapist", nope then they are free to go, already. So it's FAST as a therapuetic model, and comes to its own end, at whatever speed a person can handle, and no matter how sorrowful, it's also joyful, since the more that sorrow carves into our being, the more joy we can contain, and if everything was perfect, then we'd have nothing to work, so to a degree, those with screwed up lives, are fortunate, in so far as they have a lot to work on, in order to be the hero emerging from their own life drama, which I do think begins and ends within the contextual framework of our family of origin.

I've been called a "hippy" for taking this viewpoint, and if so, who cares, maybe the hippies were onto something, before being flooded with '___' by the CIA, and told by Tim Leary to "drop out"! lol

Well this hippy is back, and conducting important business, trying to tie up the loose ends we all left behind.

Every good work gets completed, in the end, and therefore so too will yours, whoever you are, and whatever it is. You will laugh at the end, and the tears will get wiped from your eyes with a smile, and that childlike heart in you will beat again - I could warn my clients (changed from patients) of this in advance!

edit on 23-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
I'm going to call my theory Plenary Metaphysical Solipsism, which is such a descriptive name that you could probably figure out the gist just from the name.

Plenary : fully attended or constituted by all entitled to be present
edit on 23-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well I think the whole world is crazy.

So if ATS is a sign that I have some mental illness I find solace in the thought that it's a pretty harmless one.

ATS is just a blip on the radar of all the insanity around us.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The truth comes from all sources. Would you rather have the "truth" come from one area? We have to figure out what is the truth by taking some information from all sources. Than you have to eliminate whatever seems odd and cross reference to other sources.

The OP of the particular post may hold biased views that is why we have skeptics. They find holes in the story and from there you can sort of figure out what the truth is.

The information on the end of the world may be delusional to some but it has happened before. Extinction level events have happened and we would like to know if the world is headed towards that in the near future. If the government knew of such an event do you think they would inform the public in advance? Logic dictates that they would not so they wouldn't induce immediate fear and panic.

I would also rather be mentally ill and prepared for the worst than sane and not prepared for a cataclysmic event.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That's hillarious!

But if you're going to do it as a veiled criticism of some kind, then I'd say don't bother. However, if you're serious about it, as an inevitable consequence of being alive or something like that, then all the more plenary power to you as it's diplomat. But if it's just veiled atheism as a shot at spiritually minded people, then I'd say you're probably barking up the wrong tree, since based on the title, that would be rude, judgemental, and solipsistic in the worst possible way, imho..

If I just assumed and got ahead of you there, regarding something you were sincere about, even in jest or comedy towards us ALL, simply by virtue of our very presence, but not intended to poke fun at any one in particular, unless it's you - then I'm sorry, for assuming, as I just hate when people do that with me and my ideas, especially when they are operating from a position of ignorance of the context and the framing itself.

edit on 23-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm guessing a lot of people are on here not because of fear, but rather as a result of an honorable quest for truth, justice and reform.

I don't want to see the end of the world, but the way Governments and Corporations are raping this planet's resources and enslaving/ destroying its inhabitants (human, animal and plant species) I'm almost certain that the apocalyptic scenarios outlined in ancient texts will play out within our lifetimes (by 2018 in fact).

I hope they don't, as I have a vested interest in life (being alive, and having a family) and I'm fortunate enough to live in a developed country - one where access to education, healthcare and opportunity is pretty damn excellent in general.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
lol
its a phobia
anxiety .
viewonbuddhism.org...

ADDICTION TO FEAR Some people like fear, because in activities like riding a roller-coaster or during bunjee-jumping, we get an adrenaline-rush: a physical reaction to make us alert and ready for action - some people actually get addicted to this natural drug and get into extreme activities. This can easily lead to needing more dangerous situations more often, so they may tend to take ever increasing risks - until the parachute does not open, or the weather changes while climbing a steep, dangerous mountain slope......

Then i realized we are all on ATS why?
We are paranoid..
We all got our reason for being here..
aliens
alumminati
biblical conspiracy
muslim's
goverment out to get us.
shapeshifter's
obama...lol

list goes on and on..
We are all mentally ill.
We want fear We want fear of death.
We want the fear of maybe getting controlled.
So yes we are sick.
Otherwise we would go to website's that sing songs about lollypops and rainbows
edit on 22-12-2010 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

Well, speak for yourself. I am not here because I fear that the world is going to end. Quite the opposite actually. I believe that we are heading into the Golden Age. I admit though that majority of people here likes to scare themselves.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I read your lil piece. I'm writing this just going off the title though.

Do you realise, the broard sweeping brush, you just used to paint most of the people on this earth with?
Lets consider for a moment, what we may refer to as propaganda in this context. Propaganda spoon fed by
long standing institutions such as the Catholic church? Cmon stud or studette, the title is way over the top.
Memtally ill? I don't think paranoia should be considered an illness really. You can be paranoid and they still might be after you.
Some paranoia is justified ,is it not? I'm with one the other posters here, only I think psychology these days labels any mental state an illness . Just garbage. A profession over rated?

edit on 23-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

it's like a a story board for who can scare or weave a story of such biblical proportions it will take decades to find out they lied lol
nothing wrong with ti as long as people didnt take it all for the TRUTH as they say.
that is what makes it sick.

Disillusion will not make you happy only make the whole deepr that your stuck in.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join