It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Mayura

Feck yeah! Christmas 2012 is gonna be the best one ever!

I'm beginning to suspect that it already is, whether most people realize it, or not..

edit on 22-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: full quote added for easy reading.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
www.suite101.com...
Signs of Mental Illness in Psychology

False or odd perceptions:
Has perceptual distortions: unusually bright colors or loud sounds.
* Hears voices.
* Feels old situations are strangely new
* Believes hidden messages are on TV, the radio, or public transportation.
Read more at Suite101: Signs of Mental Illness in Psychology: Symptoms of Psychological Disorders www.suite101.com...

need i say more this is 80% of the people on ats lol

Anxiety symptoms:
* Overalert and on guard most of the time.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

but when you keep coming back for more.
and no mater what people tell you otherwise...
that is why it is a mental illness lol

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Even conspiracy theorists know the world will not end until it is swallowed up by the Sun as it engorges to a Red Gaint in about 5 billion years time. When you read threads about the end of the world.. what they really mean is the end of life as we KNOW IT... and the natural order/chaos of Change will always do that anyway. Life now is far different to what it was only 100 years ago.

Fear.. it's natural and very human. I still think it is mostly indoctrinated into us in order to contain our endeavours into acceptable diversity. Fear is also only a symptom on non-clarity and non-understanding. The really weird thing about Fear is that we are only afraid of a Feeling.. most times the feeling was created by a thought we had.

In the section of what constitutes being a nutter in the world today is bullsplop!! In my work and in my private life I have heard some voices speaking inside my head.. but..at the time I was communicating with my and other peoples Higher-Self. I even went and had my self examined to insure I was not going crazy.. Guess What?

I got a clean bill of mental health. It is now recognised that some people do hear such things as I mentioned, as opposed to those who hear voices telling what to do, etc. While they may not be crazy, they do need someone with some knowledgew to assist them to discern between what is healthy for them and what is not, etc. Which is a far better approach than electro-shock therapy or drugs in many cases.

While on mental health.. that Industry is a self-supporting pseudo-science which also supports big Pharma in a buddy-buddy relationship. Did you know that new Mental Health Issues are thought up often? Did you know that recently is was decided that anyone who dislikes being in Big Cities are now considered to suffer a mental illness?

Go figure.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Dealing With A Son Who Has Schizophrenia
www.everydayhealth.com...

LATER HE GOT IT IN HIS HEAD THAT THE WORLD WAS ENDING AND BECAMEVERY PARANOID. THEN HE DECIDED THAT THE GOVERNMENT WAS OUT TO KILL HIM AND ALSO HAD POISONED THE FOOD AND WATER. HE REFUSED TO EAT ANYTHING FOR DAYS. I CALLED HIS FATHER ONE EVENING AT WORK AND HE CAME HOME RIGHT AWAY. WE DROVE TO THE ER IN GEORGIA WHERE WE LIVID AT THE TIME. HE WAS ADMITTED AND DIAGNOSED WITH FULL-BLOWN SCHIZOPHRENIA.

can you SAY OMG!!!
he is only saying EXACTLY what ats is.
that is the conspiracy of conspiracy theories...isn't it?
what if we all are mentally ill?

it very well may be so folks.
science seems to think so by the phobia's and illness i have listed.

Dont say you dont trust the physiologist's...
they are doctor's.
You trust doctors when you sick dont you?
If you have a heart attack you rush right away to the er dont you?
Well if we are mentally ill..we need to go to the quack.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If what you are implying is actually true then 100% of the world is "mentally ill" which would actually make it a "mental norm" in which case its "working as intended" thus its not a "mental illness". Take it from someone who works with the criminally insane.

Seriously everyone somewhere on this planet is AFRAID of something...

If you aren't afraid of NWO you are afraid of Terrorist Boogie men....if you aren't afraid of either of those you are afraid of the people who ARE afraid of either of those...

Fear is not mental illness and the "search of" fear isn't a mental illness its a "survival technique" that allows us to avoid walking into a Lions Cage and any variation of...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well I'll out myself - I am mentally ill - so what's the big deal? I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I started coming to this site after my deployment to Iraq to see if I could make sense out of some of what I saw over there. I continue to be here because there are some awesome threads and I learn things that send me on exciting research benders.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

we shall soon see who the Crazy one is when the world does end

I do not think the world is ending I just think we are headed into another Dark age. Empires usually last about 200 yrs or so before the government becomes so large and corrupt every thing crashes and burns. Seems like the EU and USA are just about there and China is waiting in the wings....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
All are mentally ill, to a greater or lessor degree, some moreso than others, lacking in perfect mental health. However, those who think they have no mental illness of any kind, and are of perfect mental health, may be worse off.

And at some point down the line, we'll ALL have to face it, head on, one way, or another, there is no escape but THROUGH it, which for some people may come as a "dark night of the soul" and for others, nothing but a nap or daydream of sorts, but the blinders eventually have to come off, and the light of suffering seen for what it is, and represents, and then, in the final analysis, the truth will set us free, and wipe away the tears from our eyes.

edit on 22-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

How so?
That man who thought the earth revolved around the sun kept on coming back despite everyone and he got burned on the stake.
He was actually right, soo...
That kind of dismissed your argument there

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Dude! We've been IN a Dark Age, for ages, and we've been in it for long enough. Open your eyes man, where have you been..? "Into a dark age".. you gotta be kidding?!!! You MUST be crazy! What planet have you been living on?

Seriously, we have to see that for a very very very long longggg time, mankind has been in a dark age, BUT, there was once a time, in the time before time, when that wasn't the case.. and there will always be another time again, when what is old will be made new again, and that time is all but upon us already always now..

edit on 22-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
Well I'll out myself - I am mentally ill - so what's the big deal? I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I started coming to this site after my deployment to Iraq to see if I could make sense out of some of what I saw over there. I continue to be here because there are some awesome threads and I learn things that send me on exciting research benders.

and what did you find in your research?
Threads upon thread's of fear filled lie's and misstruth's.
statements reworded to foot in the poster's agenda.

Heck i got caught up in the obama is not a natural born american.
i truly did.
people would post a weave of BS so thick i would have to wipe my monitor off to shift threw it all to find 1 sign of honesty lol
thats what got me on ats more than anything the obama election.
I followed a lead from numerous ip's that obama campaign members was posting on ats.
they was...
but that is a different story

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
Dealing With A Son Who Has Schizophrenia
www.everydayhealth.com...

LATER HE GOT IT IN HIS HEAD THAT THE WORLD WAS ENDING AND BECAMEVERY PARANOID. THEN HE DECIDED THAT THE GOVERNMENT WAS OUT TO KILL HIM AND ALSO HAD POISONED THE FOOD AND WATER. HE REFUSED TO EAT ANYTHING FOR DAYS. I CALLED HIS FATHER ONE EVENING AT WORK AND HE CAME HOME RIGHT AWAY. WE DROVE TO THE ER IN GEORGIA WHERE WE LIVID AT THE TIME. HE WAS ADMITTED AND DIAGNOSED WITH FULL-BLOWN SCHIZOPHRENIA.

can you SAY OMG!!!
he is only saying EXACTLY what ats is.
that is the conspiracy of conspiracy theories...isn't it?
what if we all are mentally ill?

it very well may be so folks.
science seems to think so by the phobia's and illness i have listed.

Dont say you dont trust the physiologist's...
they are doctor's.
You trust doctors when you sick dont you?
If you have a heart attack you rush right away to the er dont you?
Well if we are mentally ill..we need to go to the quack.

You know whats kinda funny?
That in a way the water and food supply is being poisoned. Look at the ingredients in any of your snacks. Now tell me how many you can actually read let alone pronounce.

Another thing that kinda screams odd to me is the fact that that whole paragraph is in capital letters?

Many doctors are extremely incompetent. I work in a hospital cafe so i hear all the gossip and there are many that from the sounds of it i would defiinately not go to.
Bah and so what, i went to a psychologist once and i ended up telling her more than what she did. hahahha

I dont know what your motive is on here but concidering your on ATS then just maybe you have a mental illness to?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thank god, I was beginning to think I was actually sane.
I can't imagine living in this world sane, how dull and uninteresting that would be.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by crimvelvet

Dude! We've been IN a Dark Age, for ages, and we've been in it for long enough. Open your eyes man, where have you been..? "Into a dark age".. you gotta be kidding!?

Haha thank god SOMEONE is thinking like this!
The human race is going to rebuild itself, after all this BS comes apart ofcourse

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Love your avatar, and the 4:20 on the clock didn't escape my notice either.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
On the contrary, I don't believe that the world is coming to an end any time soon. The world isn't going anywhere.

Just the people who live on it.

And it won't be because of some outside force or interference, we will do it to ourselves. We will create our own demise.

Now that's not crazy talk, it is simply knowing human pathology and our propensity for screwing things up.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

....I continue to be here because there are some awesome threads and I learn things that send me on exciting research benders.

Good for you.

From what I can see the people on ATS are the ones who are awake and have inquiring minds. Doing "research benders" sure beats the heck out of sitting in front of the boob tube and frying your brains.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So you think I am sick because I am interested in Ancient Archeology, Science, Space Exploration, Fragile Earth, Medical Discoveries and Current Events, I think you are painting a broad brush about members on ATS, not every forum here is about gloom and doom, end of the world and aliens. There is much to learn on ATS if you look around.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What some people aren't getting quite yet, is that the entire frame of reference is shifting, and that the "self" is up for grabs, ie: when the prophets are all talking about the end of the world, you think "we" mean everyone is going to DIE, and while we do mean that, in a sense, we're not talking about a physical cataclysm, although that is always POSSIBLE. These are issues of spiritual realization, and of human perception, which SOME among us understand, is causal and formative, in creation, from the inside out, so when we say the world is coming to an end, think of what it would mean to spiritually and psychologically turn inside-out, and then be given new eyes to see everything, in a whole new light, now deal with the fear of losing your present grip on reality the way you THINK it is... and of the self, and who you THINK you are, and imagine having no where left to hide, with everyone else patting each other on the back and laughing, as if at a joke you cannot understand.. that's the fear of death we're really talking about here.

C'mon, same with the people who think that the Book of Revelations must be interepreted literally, that's not what most of us are saying, at all.

Please catch up and come up to speed here..

edit on 22-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join