It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
lol
its a phobia
anxiety .
viewonbuddhism.org...

ADDICTION TO FEAR Some people like fear, because in activities like riding a roller-coaster or during bunjee-jumping, we get an adrenaline-rush: a physical reaction to make us alert and ready for action - some people actually get addicted to this natural drug and get into extreme activities. This can easily lead to needing more dangerous situations more often, so they may tend to take ever increasing risks - until the parachute does not open, or the weather changes while climbing a steep, dangerous mountain slope......

Then i realized we are all on ATS why?
We are paranoid..
We all got our reason for being here..
aliens
alumminati
biblical conspiracy
muslim's
goverment out to get us.
shapeshifter's
obama...lol

list goes on and on..
We are all mentally ill.
We want fear We want fear of death.
We want the fear of maybe getting controlled.
So yes we are sick.
Otherwise we would go to website's that sing songs about lollypops and rainbows
edit on 22-12-2010 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

we shall soon see who the Crazy one is when the world does end

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Hehe..

Soon the Earth will ignite into a molten ball of pure glory. No, really. Don't say I didn't tell you so.

For some, it's the end of this world. Others are on the cosmic journey of their life.

Some people pour over fear, it's a mental compulsion.

Yet, myself and others, know in our hearts... that major changes are occurring and we are about to hit climax.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Oooo i want a molten ball of pure glory!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
For the record, I do not think the world is ending.

That being said, this is nothing but a propaganda campaign.

Its simply another attempt to heathenize conspiracy theorists.

link   
I am not here because I am paranoid. I joined because I have an interest in things such as UFO's, Ghosts, the paranormal in general and I have found even more interests thanks to this site.

So anyone who thinks the world will end is crazy? What about the scientists who say that the Sun will burn out in about 11 billion years ( I think it was) thus turning the earth into a frozen ball of ice, destroying any life on it.... Are they crazy?

Sure, that is an end of the world scenario based on actual science, but they are discussing the end of the world, even it is 11 billion years away...

So does crazy depend on WHEN you think it will end? Or just the idea that it will end, period?

link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

THEN THAT YOU SHALL HAVE...

I don't want to scare anyone, but most of the world is covered in two of the most combustive elements.. in the universe..

Water converted to Hydrogen and Oxygen burning:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
www.suite101.com...
Signs of Mental Illness in Psychology

False or odd perceptions:
Has perceptual distortions: unusually bright colors or loud sounds.
* Hears voices.
* Feels old situations are strangely new
* Believes hidden messages are on TV, the radio, or public transportation.
Read more at Suite101: Signs of Mental Illness in Psychology: Symptoms of Psychological Disorders www.suite101.com...

need i say more this is 80% of the people on ats lol

Anxiety symptoms:
* Overalert and on guard most of the time.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Feck yeah! Christmas 2012 is gonna be the best one ever!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well Mr. Amused.. Here's my theory on why everyone is so anxious and weird.

We have been exposed to aluminum and other toxic airborne substances for more than a decade.. Look in the sky, you'll see it. It's also in the soil and water. Aluminum poisoning overlaps many of the symptoms you listed!

Symptoms of aluminum poisoning:
home.earthlink.net...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why would you fear the end of war, poverty, disease and slavery... why would you fear the destruction of the old world and the birth of the new peaceful, harmonious, loving world?

To think the world is not ending could be called denial and fear of loss.

Those who know the end is near (and know what its about) are excited and look forwards to it.

The myans say its the end of the fourth world and the start of the fifth world. Many a culture/religion says this is the lowest ever point in human history, and following the end of this cycle and the start of the next things will improve beyond imagination.... whats to fear? Unless your attached to this material illusory realm

The other "signs of the times" you've listed are all good signs, its the old world crumbling down and collapsing. Its the apocalypse(translation = revealing of truth, or lifting of the veil). Finally its being exposed and all coming crashing down, again whats to fear unless your attached to the old outmoded world? And being attached to the old could be psychosis because its a horrible world.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm excited too TED!!! It's even cooler than alien disclosure, coming to you mid 2011-2012

Ok, enough going off topic for me.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
there's influence that drives people to a perspective.
there's influence that is gained by sharing perspectives.
communication with many minds saves the lone mind from consumption against its own thoughts and its lone perspective,
people here arent mentally ill because theyre visiting a forum filled with perspectives,
that's a broad brush, a broad sloppy brush.

sitting in the corner with a laptop open to a blank screen and a dead battery typing away like youre really writing something........and laughing as you talk to the empty coke bottle..............THATS mental illness.

There's alot of smart minds on here,
have a better opinion of yourself and join the ranks.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

all i am saying is people are sick lol
heck by these website..i am sick.
but ats is like the breeding ground for the mentally ill lol

i can name a post for every symptom from this forum lol
and i bet them threads have 50+ flag's of people that agree lol

Mainstream psychology is the sick one.

Big pharma's pill pushers will come up with any inventive name for abnormal behavior they can think of, if your not a conformist sheep in a herd then your nuts according to a business closely tied to TPTB.
edit on 22-12-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
By the ever expanding definitions of mental illness in the fields of psychology, you would be hard pressed to find anybody in the entire world who doesn't by definition suffer from some form of mental illness. This is because it has become human nature to classify anyone who might think out or believe in different things as "wrong". Unacceptable of alternative beliefs, people will be incapable of accepting their own wrongness of a situation or that some things simply do not have a cut and dry answer. They will seek to label a problem to make themselves feel better.

Naturally, there are TRUE mental illnesses in which the brain ceases to function in a normal capacity, but I believe most everybody has the abilities to recognize these characteristic. In fact, it is the stronger cases of mental illnesses in which people take pity and practice humility towards, while the mental illnesses that seemingly infect all of us are ignored or made fun of.

With that said, you have quite a proclamation that we are all mentally ill, but to say that we are all afraid is just simply wrong. I, for example, have ceased to fear anything from death to imprisonment. I'm sure there are many other likes me who instead of being afraid are rather anxiously awaiting the end of the world. Why? Because the world is terrible. Or rather, the people on this world are terrible. The easiest way to make people realize the error of their ways and to change their egotistical and megalomaniac ways is to put them all in a situation where there are tested to the very depths of their character and are purged should they decide to continue on the path they are on.

It isn't so much that we "fear" the end of the world as we know it, but I'm sure I speak for many people when I say that we YEARN for it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

all i am saying is people are sick lol
heck by these website..i am sick.
but ats is like the breeding ground for the mentally ill lol

i can name a post for every symptom from this forum lol
and i bet them threads have 50+ flag's of people that agree lol

Mainstream psychology is the sick one.

Big pharma's pill pushers will come up with any inventive name for abnormal behavior they can think of, if your not a conformist sheep in a herd then your nuts according to a business closely tied to TPTB.
edit on 22-12-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

Iatrophobia- Fear of going to the doctor or of doctors.
with a weee bit of ANTI-GOVERNMENT PHOBIA
www.project.nsearch.com...
yes its a real phobia now lol

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

See my avatar!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes, we shall have the last laugh then

This is my field, and I am often saddened and amazed, at how so much is pathologized. The history of psychiatry/psychology is a dark one. I see it going into an even darker period as we move more into a totalitarian control grid. We will see more cases like Ezra Pound, I am afraid ...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura

Well Mr. Amused.. Here's my theory on why everyone is so anxious and weird.

We have been exposed to aluminum and other toxic airborne substances for more than a decade.. Look in the sky, you'll see it. It's also in the soil and water. Aluminum poisoning overlaps many of the symptoms you listed!

Symptoms of aluminum poisoning:
home.earthlink.net...

toxiphobia fear of poison or being poisoned
its a phobia too lol

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well if the option to be paranoid is trusting the government is out for our best interests... and happily chant "praise the system, everything is alright".

I think i'll stick to paranoia.

Either way "Modern Psychology":

What exactly IS NOT a mental disorder these days?
edit on 22/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join