It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who think the world is ending are mentaly ill.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I may be mentally ill, but at least I can spell "MENTALLY" correct with two "l"s not one!

and what the above dude said too!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Earth quake threads interest me too . . . this site seems to log them before we hear about them on MSN. All News in the USA is MSN by the way even that special channel.

edit on 22-12-2010 by TheBirdisDone because: clarity

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I love spelling Nazis, they give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Maybe soon we'll be reporting them here before they even HAPPEN!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The world is ending. Every minute that goes by, the world is one minute closer to ending. Also every minute that goes by, we are all one minute closer to death. :p

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
"and what did you find in your research?
Threads upon thread's of fear filled lie's and misstruth's.
statements reworded to foot in the poster's agenda."

Actually I have found interesting threads that ARE true. Most notable are exciting discoveries in the ancient archeology thread!!!!! Pumu Punku!!!!! I have found a few threads where the truth is in there - but you might not know that, I won't expand on that cuz I don't want a "visit" but I have been known to google subjects in a row I am sure raise a little suspicion on the big sniffer. One thing I can tell you - there has been stuff on the internet that has been disappeared and THIS I am not making up. I try and stay away from the crazy making threads. I have my ideas about things but you can see some posters want to fight and it is especially amusing when they are called on it and deny it, those aren't the threads for me. (The recent thread on cleavage for example) I can tell there are certain topics where there is a definate "youth group" going and I've really no big desire to sit around posting with teenagers. I don't open threads I can tell by the title will disturb me.

I explained this site to a friend of mine, I said it is like a "virtual newstand" of topics. You have everything from your science area, to your gossip rags area. YOU choose what to read and expose yourself too. Way back in the day there was a magazine called OMNI - I miss that magazine and this is about the closest thing I've found to it.

Remember though - in all areas of life . . . even chasing conspiracies - especially chasing conspiracies - it is wise to keep a sense of balance. Most of all - I come here because it is FUN!!!!!!!!

edit on 22-12-2010 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
reply to post by ldyserenity

I love spelling Nazis, they give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I was joking around I guess some people don;t know humor or have a sense of one.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I've already been diagnosed as Bi- Polar so I guess I get a free pass at believing the world is ending.

I think I'll pass.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
The world is ending. Every minute that goes by, the world is one minute closer to ending. Also every minute that goes by, we are all one minute closer to death. :p

Whatever..

Some of you just don't understand what the heck we're even talking about, I've found, and it's kinda frustrating to be honest.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

That's strange you LOOK just fine!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That pic was from the Halloween before last.

I work at haunted houses every year and it's my favorite time of year.

I'm way off topic but at least I have an excuse!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

You're not REALLY dark and evil though, are you?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm just kidding with you, and you're probably too busy "out there" being nice, doing whatever you do. All of us have something, something we're working out or on, and it's a great work, hopefully, in the final analysis, when we get to the end of the line and laugh at loud at our own folly, shed a few tears, and then laugh again, and smile. There's nothing else, really, going on, just whatever inspires a person in the space of nothing, or, as needed, a radical transformative forgiveness, through the "grokking" of one's ongoing saga, or life drama. That's why I changed by description in my avatar from heir to the throne, as if "ruling", to OmegaPoint Logotherapist, which means what I just said, the end, but not without meaning, purpose, and eventually humour, and mirth, and the free possibility of real love, and real life, authentic, relative to our own absurdity, and inauthenticity. As an omegapoint logotherapist, I could make anyone laugh at themselves eventually, just sitting there in non-judgement, on a rock, holding up a mirror. And when they get the joke, at the end of time, so to speak, then they could still come back as needed, and we could then ah measure their degree of authentic joy, even in the midst of sorrows, but at that point, they wouldn't need ME anymore, as the "therapist", nope then they are free to go, already. So it's FAST as a therapuetic model, and comes to its own end, at whatever speed a person can handle, and no matter how sorrowful, it's also joyful, since the more that sorrow carves into our being, the more joy we can contain, and if everything was perfect, then we'd have nothing to work, so to a degree, those with screwed up lives, are fortunate, in so far as they have a lot to work on, in order to be the hero emerging from their own life drama, which I do think begins and ends within the contextual framework of our family of origin.

I've been called a "hippy" for taking this viewpoint, and if so, who cares, maybe the hippies were onto something, before being flooded with '___' by the CIA, and told by Tim Leary to "drop out"! lol

Well this hippy is back, and conducting important business, trying to tie up the loose ends we all left behind.

Every good work gets completed, in the end, and therefore so too will yours, whoever you are, and whatever it is. You will laugh at the end, and the tears will get wiped from your eyes with a smile, and that childlike heart in you will beat again - I could warn my patients of this in advance!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Saying those who believe the end is near are mentally ill is utterly STUPID! The end is, indeed, near. Don't you stick around 'Alternative News' here on ATS? To me it's CLEAR that our world is more and more F***** up everyday! Just look at the new laws, new bills...

1984. Don't you know this book? George Orwell? We are becoming a totalitarian country, where our illuminati/NWO government are getting a tight control over our lives. They monitor our every single moves!

Why are people on ATS?

-Because they're sick of this mainstream media propaganda BULL#!
-Because they're sick of being lied to
-Because they want to get a slight glimpse of truth!
-Because they don't like cover-ups
-Because at least, here, they can find people WHO ARE AWAKE!

I CAN'T TAKE ANY OF THIS BULL#! Every body's #en asleep. Why do people trust their government?

The end IS near, be it a negative (NWO induced) or positive (triumph over NWO) outcome.

Are you blind or what?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hmm,. I was on board with the 2012 end of days thing till I got to this site and was privileged to the research that is and has been done about the topic already.
Saying "people " are ill because they believe something is is a generalization of character.
There is a vast amount of sources that state the possibility.
And this is where it become unfair to just call someone mentally ill because of their interests or beliefs.
The programs like History channel put out doomsday scenario shows and people watch them.
It is made to look plausible and some take it to heart.
The Bible also talks of a disastrous ends.

It could be true that many are lacking in simple nutrition that can cause depression or anxiety
But to say that people are Ill because of their beliefs is quite the overstatement.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I'm jeaous, you got a star for your post, but my efforts get nothing, as if I am being made the crazy person for having such thoughts about an instantaneous type of omegapoint logotherapy. This happens time and again, where I just get completely ignored, not that I'm looking for a hero biscuit here, a badge or a reward cookie, but I just find it odd, that's all, given the energy and thought I've put into producing such things, such works. Crazy!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Having general fears or worries about what you 'dont know' or are 'not in control of' is normal. Its when these things 'run your life' that it becomes a sickness.

There are many mild symptoms we all may show of the 'mind in work' with dealing with the world around us. But its when these symptoms and behaviors become severe to where a person cant deal with reality...they may create their own 'world' to deal with it, they may become solitary to the rest of the world and start to be uncomfortable in social situations, they may see that 'everything is a conspiracy and a trick'....they may become delusional and have trouble using cognitive and critical thinking.

People may end up 'creating' their own reality....in order to cope with life. This is again, not normal.

Psychology was the best thing for me....it was like therapy for me and all my 'non normalcy' ....but it was not easy, sometimes it was very hard to accept how the mind works and can create things to comfort us, to make us feel loved, to help us cope and deal in a way that we could not with general reality.

There is a fine line between mind symptoms and behaviors -severe symptoms and behaviors.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
During the Hadron Collider experiments... they learned that every element in existence is becoming unstable. Increasingly unstable. Instability infinitum.

I can notice this myself. Even time is speeding up for many people, including myself.

Then again, I'm not your average ATSer.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Does your day not last 24 hours?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

What if the clock speeds up along with the rest of our world? But the consciousness, being inter-dimensional, can perceive that everything is accelerating.

Did you know clocks cant even measure time? They measure other clocks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join