It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm not a expert in this things not a scientist, just a ordinary guy with a job with (like everybody else here on ats questions)and concerns about how it would be from 5 years from now.

All the natural violence what occurs earthquakes and storms and the cold weather all around Europe.

www.news.com.au...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Would it be possible that this also has got to do with the Hadron Collider in Geneva?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.dw-world.de...

www.npr.org...

All i know from this is that there where a lot of technical problems before they wanted to use it
how the situation is now hoave no idea, maybe all this natural violence can come from the LHC.

As i said in the beginning i'm not a expert just guessing and speculate, the links that i put is more for the info so you all can read about it what it can do.

Before i forget.

Merry Christmas and a happy healthy and blessed new year.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

Short answer: No.

All it is a device that consumes power (and lots of money LOL). The particles that it makes through the collisions last literally a fraction of a second. They have nothing to do with earthquakes/weather patterns.

Look at HAARP if you want to blame it on conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Dont blame it on anything it was just more of a question.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I"m sorry but before you say that, how can you prove it? There have been a huge increase in Earthquakes and natural disasters throughout Europe since CERN activate the Hadron Collider. They're creating things billions of times hotter than the sun! They're projecting particles at each other at almost light speed through miles of underground tunneling!
I mean its the top mind of the world doing these things so I would hope that they would have thought about consequences to the environment.... but people shouldn't be so quick to be like , "No! You're Nuts!" or whatever that other user said. The point is, we have no idea if the LHC is causing the recent rise in Natural Disasters but something is and we need to figure that out!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

That is exactly what i was trying to say it is too much to be a coincidence.

Don't believe for one moment that this cern has no influence on the environment at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

I"m sorry but before you say that, how can you prove it? There have been a huge increase in Earthquakes and natural disasters throughout Europe since CERN activate the Hadron Collider. They're creating things billions of times hotter than the sun! They're projecting particles at each other at almost light speed through miles of underground tunneling!
I mean its the top mind of the world doing these things so I would hope that they would have thought about consequences to the environment.... but people shouldn't be so quick to be like , "No! You're Nuts!" or whatever that other user said. The point is, we have no idea if the LHC is causing the recent rise in Natural Disasters but something is and we need to figure that out!

"No you're nuts" (
)
its been said many times the energies created by this man made machine pale incomparison to natural collisions taking place every day in our upper atmosphere.I don't know why this machine scares so many people.There's no magic in Geneva.the energies created are limited to the area of two protons impacting.
edit on 22-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

Why is there all of this hype about LHC its an atom smasher. There are other atom smashers that proceeded it.
The things that are happening with in it happen in outer space all the time. This is simply in a controlled environment where it can be monitored.

like Fermilab here in the states
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quasi

Don't believe for one moment that this cern has no influence on the environment at all.
Any coal burning power plants used to make electricity that may supply the LHC would be contributing to global warming, by spewing CO2 into the air, but beyond that there's no conceivable cause/effect relationship to what you're asking about.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

I think it's probably to do with you noticing natural disasters and things more because you have started to take more notice of them.

From looking at the US geological society web site the number of earthquakes per year seems pretty stable
In 2010 there were 78 notable earthquakes around the world

Earthquakes of magnitude 6.5 or greater or ones that caused fatalities, injuries or substantial damage

In the year 2000 there were 89
and in the year 1990 there were 72

So it seems pretty stable to me

Edit to add
Heres the USGS web site link
edit on 22-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I believe the quakes, volcanic erruptions and tectonic plates colliding to lift and sink various land masses has been going on since the beginning of time.
The worst thing the hadron collider might do to our planet is consume lots of electricity and exist in a construction of aluminium - basically, contribute to climate change.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Before i forget.

Merry Christmas and a happy healthy and blessed new year.

I'm pretty sure if the progressive liberals have thier way, it will be happy day, day.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

I"m sorry but before you say that, how can you prove it? There have been a huge increase in Earthquakes and natural disasters throughout Europe since CERN activate the Hadron Collider.

The point is, we have no idea if the LHC is causing the recent rise in Natural Disasters but something is and we need to figure that out!

These statements are patently false. I really dislike disengenuous people. Tried to strike the last comment for the record. What I meant was, I hate liars.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I just hope that the HC is not sitting on a fault line....BTW, what is up with all of the nuclear reactors on fault lines (ie New Madrid)....is this by (evil) design or mere stupidity?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Any coal burning power plants used to make electricity that may supply the LHC would be contributing to global warming, by spewing CO2 into the air, but beyond that there's no conceivable cause/effect relationship to what you're asking about.

There is no such thing as global warming. Outside of the normal cycle that is.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I don't think we would be seeing negative effects so soon I don't think we would even realise we had doomed earth for possibly decades afterwards.
Saying that though I really don't much like the sound of CERNs statements about proving extra dimensions lately as large extra dimensions are part of one of the few theorys that can make micro black holes dangerous.

In this case I see a much stronger link to the solar activity but I've always had a nagging bad feeling about the LHC that might be more to do with me seeing the risks they take as completely immoral and unnecessary. I think the LHC is just a Cash Cow but a possibly dangerous one.

Something is up though I personally think it's the Sun.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Teknikal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Would it be possible that this also has got to do with the Hadron Collider in Geneva?

No it would not be possible. The LHC is not that that type of science and it is silly to suggest that it is.

Regards

new topics

top topics

join