It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraqi Group threatens to Kill Al-Zarqawi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
A group of masked and armed Iraqis have threatened, on this Tuesday, to kill the Jordanian militant famous for the beheading of Nick Berg, among others, unless he leaves the country now, having been accused of murdering innocents and dragging the Muslim religion through mud.

story.news.yahoo.com

The threats revealed the deep anger many Iraqis, including insurgent groups, feel toward foreign fighters, whom many consider as illegitimate a presence here as the 160,000 U.S. and other coalition troops.

In a videotape sent to the al-Arabiya television station, a group calling itself the "Salvation Movement," questioned how al-Zarqawi could use Islam to justify the killing of innocent civilians, the targeting of government officials and the kidnapping and beheading of foreigners.

"He must leave Iraq immediately, he and his followers and everyone who gives shelter to him and his criminal actions," said a man on the video.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This will come as great support for the US Coalition in Iraq, and will make the troops feel at least a little better. The Iraqi men have sworn to Allah to do what "the coalition forces have failed to do". Al-Zarqawi is supposed to be behind the attacks and bombings several days before the Iraq handover that killed over a hundred people.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
TA-ANALYSIS: Statement & Audio Tape from Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi
Who's Who In Al-Qaeda: The Complete Guide To Key Suspects

[edit on 6-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
the hunter will become the hunted...
its his on fault because for something comes something

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Allawi appealed to all Iraqis to report the activities of insurgents.

"The sovereign Iraqi people and our international partners are adamant that we will put an end to terrorism and chase those corrupt terrorists and will uproot them one by one," he said in the statement.

Interesting, an Iraqi, in fact, the presiding head of state there, indicating His alliance with "international partners", all the while, the libby democrats insist the U.S. is "going it alone in Iraq". Yes, this indeed is a sign that the Iraqi people have tired of terrorists in their midst, and vow to exterminate them. The new Iraqi government has been given power, and we shall see what they do with it yes?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm glad some people in the Arab world have realized what many of us here on ATS and elsewhere have been saying for a long time.

People like him do make the Muslim religion look bad.

Now, we must all understand that it's pretty obvious that the Muslim religion does not encourage behavior like beheading innocent people, or shooting civilians etc. I know that, you that, and most intelligent people know that.

However, it's the way that these militants do things that causes problems. Over and over again, as they're committing one of these disgraceful acts like beheadings, they bring religion into it. They make it look like they are acting in the name of god. Every sentence bin Laden uses for example has thank god, or by the grace of god, or god willing in it.

So Muslims have to understand that it is detrimental to their religion to have people like Zarqawi making claims like that. The same way no Protestant would come out and say yes the KKK represents what I believe in, so too must the Muslims of the world come out strongly and united and say that these people don't represent them.

I'm not advocating killing Zarqawi because I think he should face justice the right way for the sake of the people he killed, but I think it's absolutely wonderful that some Arabs are realizing the necessity for a distancing from the extremists.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is a good sign.

I have often stated that the Arabs are behind the rest of the world because they cling to religous extremism and old laws. It seems at least the Iraqis truly wanna move forward out of the dark ages of religous fundimentalism. If they continue down a course like this, they could very well surpass the rest of the middle east.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
all the while, the libby democrats insist the U.S. is "going it alone in Iraq".

So let's just forget about the British troops, Korean troops, Japanese troops, Turkish troops, Italian troops...?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I must admit, Iwas a bit worried when the amnesty deal was announced, esp. the part that said killing the coalition was understood because they could be legitimately considered occupiers. Now, it seems that Allawi is talking sense, and hopefully the people will rise up with him. Next test is to see what he's going to do about the attacks on the pipelines, since they desperately need that oil to pay to rebuild schools, hospitals, infrastructure, etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjarumsI'm not advocating killing Zarqawi because I think he should face justice the right way for the sake of the people he killed,

well i advocate it, it is justice if he suffers the same fate, he isnt innocent and you dont need a trial to know he's guilty and doesnt deserve life.

Q

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here as I say in no uncertain terms...

It's about time!

Zarcawi's attacks kill far more Iraqis (and other Arabs) than his alleged 'targets'. If I was a patriotic (albeit misguided) Iraqi insurgent, I'd be pretty upset with Zarcawi myself. Even by their standards, he's stooped too low. His methods go far beyond insurgency, sowing more terror in the population he claims to be fighting for.

Us or them, I don't care--this guy needs taken out in a most expedient manner.

top topics

join