It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Things About The Moon...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

When you talk to me about a "rock" of the size of the moon, that travels through the universe (or is detached from the earth, NOT) and it is in a safe distance, which exactly covers the sun, it is not about the odds, I have to disagree with you.
Why bomb the moon? Why erase the original Nasa tapes about the first landing? Ats is full of threads about the moon's incongruities.

No this is not just about how lucky we are...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

AGAIN, and all this by chance?

If so, odds have nothing to do with mathematics. It is something divine.

edit on 22-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by Arken

I also see it that way. But the question that moves me is:

where is THE WHO that did this?

*If* the moon is an artificial body, perhaps a generational starship even...then i'd guess it was constructed by us...humans.

I think ET has colonised it since we had abandoned and forgotten about the moon being a huge species carrying starship, but it's possible that humanity arrived on Earth after travelling here using the lunarship.

Maybe we were just colonists, travelling to the Sol system to colonise Earth, maybe we had no choice if our original home was destroyed or unable to support humanity...perhaps we were a criminal species, guilty of galactic war crimes and as a punishment were expelled from the galactic council and sent here.

Who knows.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I know this thread is weird things about the moon and I agree, some things about it seem weird. There was much ado in this thread about the moon spinning on its axis which caused much confusion and disagreement as well as some completely wrong ideas. I hope I can clarify a bit, please.

The moon DOES do its monthly (approximately - it doesn't conform exactly to our calendar months, but close) translation keeping one face always to the sun. We DO have the dark side facing the earth as during the new moon phase - picture a total solar eclipse, that is the moon's dark side facing us then.

Also, the moon DOES turn on its axis, once a year. As the moon follows the Earth throughout its yearly journey around the sun the moon keeps its one face to the sun but it also makes one complete revolution in that year, thus turning on its own axis once a year.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
How could the aliens have bases on the back of the moon and not be pummeled to death by the meterorite impacts?
Also how could they stand all that constant hollow moon ringing from these impacts? It's like they we warned to stay off the moon, and dropping the satelite was a kinetic energy B word. Ooops! I thought they already knew there was water and slight amounts of air there.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It isn't really anything other than coincidence....well, actually....there could be something else....and I don't know how to write this without setting you off in another direction....

Simply this: The very fact that our Earth is "just right" AND that we are here, and existing, to even be discussing it, is a "reverse-backwards" sort of reasoning. This means, there is a distinct possibility that absent the rather unique arrangement of our Earth/Moon system, WE (as a species) may never have evolved. Life as we know it on this planet may never have evolved. This is pure speculation, of course....since we (as of yet) know of no other habitable planets with similar ecosystems that have produced ultimately, a technologically-capable species such as ourselves. It may be a fact (unconfirmed) that the ONLY planets, anywhere in the Galaxy, that remain stable enough, for the billions of years required, for life to evolve and flourish NEED a large planet-sized "moon" as a companion.

(Let's face it....our Moon, is not a "rock" as you said, it is a planetoid. IF it were not a satellite of a larger planet [Earth] it would be a respectable "planet" in it's own right....).

Knowing that, based on observations....our Moon is slowly drawing farther away....-----this trend can be calculated backwards, and many inferences drawn from it.

Sorry, but these observations, the physics, and the science all point in the same direction. NO matter how you slice it, the Moon has been here for just as long as the Earth has been here. The numbers are in the (about) 4.5 billions of years, and this ties in to the age of the entire Solar System, as the planets were forming.

So, no.....after Apollo especially, the notion that:

.....a "rock" of the size of the moon, that travels through the universe.......

NO....the Moon is "native" to our Solar System, and only our Solar System. It "travelled" from nowhere.....

.... which exactly covers the sun, it is not about the odds.....

Again....it is NOT "exactly" the same relative diameter, to "exactly" cover the Sun. I wrote this in another thread, I think.....IF life on Earth had evolved in a different way, and instead of (65 million years ago) the predominance of dinosaurs, IF "we" were here....we would have seen the Moon much closer, in its orbit. So, it IS a "coincidence" that it "looks" the way it is now.....AND, this illusion is going to last for a long time, because of the scales of Cosmic distances. What I mean is, when you regard the SIZE of the Moon, and the distances involved....it is all about perspective.

Why bomb the moon?

The LROC mission? Am surprised you have to ask. The whole point was to determine, by a rather creative means, a LARGE SCALE excavation, and thus analyze the results, using spectroscopy. A LOT cheaper than sending hardware up, landing on the surface, and exploring that way. It really was trying to answer the question about how much water ice exists at the Moon's poles. A lot, as it turns out (and as some had predicted...now it's confirmed).

Why erase the original Nasa tapes about the first landing?

They weren't "erased". There are plenty of sources of recordings. What happened were a few tapes were put into storage, and then RE-USED, taped over....because the data had been captured and stored elsewhere.....

Ats is full of threads about the moon's incongruities.

Well.....many are mistaken.....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
How could the aliens have bases on the back of the moon and not be pummeled to death by the meterorite impacts?
Also how could they stand all that constant hollow moon ringing from these impacts? It's like they we warned to stay off the moon, and dropping the satelite was a kinetic energy B word. Ooops! I thought they already knew there was water and slight amounts of air there.

How do you know what technolgy an alien civilisation living up there might have? If there was anything living up there it is highly likely that they have much more advanced stuff than us, probably beyond our comprehension.

Probably got some dirty great kinetic barrier up there covering their bases.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Moon's incongruities all mistaken?? No doubt some of them if not most, and I am sure many are still being debated. One thing irrefutable, it is an enormous moon in relation to the size of the earth. Dual-planetary system?? Unusual but not unheard of.

Hollow Moon and hollow Earth? Many enormous caves and caverns exist on the Earth and I am sure many have yet to be discovered. Has it been proven the Moon has no large caves? I think those would be something that could be used to set up a Moon base, much easier than building structures there. Much easier to climatize and pressurize than erecting buildings, I would think. Perhaps some suitable cave could be found in the shadow/twilight area that would have friendy temperatures.

More to be learned about the Moon? One would think so.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Erongaricuaro because: more thoughts came to mind.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by onehuman

Not only me should contribute to this thread. Im in, but surely others will too. The Moon bombing was the major news to me this year. Nothing let me more curious that this bombing issue. They already know that the moon has water, so??? What was the point?

Hollow.

They want know exactly the vastity and real dimensions of Moons inner voids.

Prospection. Only geological prospections on the Moon!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Great point Arken. Thanks.

SFY

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Thanks, friend.

But the real issue is: "Who" build the inner voids on the Moon?

But this (again) for another Thread....

edit on 23-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I agree. I am convinced something is very strange about the Moon. But can you please correct me (because based on your presentation, I think I've been wrong) but I always thought, when there's a New Moon, that that is actually the dark side of the Moon. No?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

No, when you see a "new moon" phase, remember the dark side of the moon is getting all of the light, we just don't see it from earth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90044840fa42.gif[/atsimg]

Thanks for Posting.

edit on 23-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Yeah, that's what I thought you were gonna point out. Maybe I was thinking (to save face here, of course
) that the dark-side of the Moon never sees light WHICH....is incorrect. Because according to your representation, when we experience a New Moon, the 'dark side' is actually facing the Sun.
[slinking down in my chair].........Right?

I was just reading up on Moon facts (ha!) just now and I find it quite odd that 'they' (science) seems to know EXACTLY what happened, why it happened and when it happened to our Moon. Man, if only they knew it wasn't natural

We all know that the Earth rotates on its own axis, so theoretically, the Moon should also do the same, allowing us to get a full picture of the planetoid. Why are we limited to seeing only 50 percent? It turns out that the speed at which the Moon rotates has lead to this particular phenomenon. Millions of years ago, the Moon spun at a much faster pace than it does now. However, the gravitational influence of the Earth has gradually acted upon the Moon to slow its rotation down, in the same way that the much smaller gravitational influence of the Moon acts upon the Earth to create tides. This influence slowed the rotational period of the Moon to match that of its orbit – about 29.5 days – and it is now "locked in" to this period.

www.moonconnection.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Awesome thread! IMO one of the best ATS has to offer right now. I have often used the 395 effect, I will call it. As a point for what would be "another thread". I'm not embarassed to say it though, proof of the existence of the one supreme everlasting and worthy of our worship and capable of a communication to us authored by him, that would come to us completely unscathed and without blemish, him being God.

Weedwhacker
As you might suspect I disagree Weedwhiffer.( just funn'in with you a bit) From the complete and opposing and just as legitimate view. I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence. I find it very odd that you scientific academics always refer to that, in place of, well "that's another thread"? Actually it may not be if you think about it a lil futher up around the bend. CCRs reference to Heaven? Am I like a crazy person? " I'm quite sure they will say so".

edit on 23-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I will never understand those who always claim that if a certain series of observations in nature are "too perfect" together, then it must be naturally impossible and in actuality due to a supernatural being or aliens. What you fail to realize in all these situations is that it WAS NOT ALWAYS THIS WAY. The moon didn't spontaneously orbit "perfectly" around the earth one day. It took billions of years for this process to happen the way it is observed today. The orbit and these anomalies you claim are the way it is now because nature and the celestial mechanism has found it's most stable conformation with its given input at this present day. THIS TOOK BILLIONS OF YEARS AND DID NOT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT!!! This is no impossible, too good to be true coincidence. I'm sure you guys also believe that the "golden ratio" is also "too perfect." Guess what... same idea... it took thousands of years of evolution for nature to finally achieve a more efficient conformation and the golden ratio is a mathematically more efficient proportion for certain natural entities.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Great thread. It seems I have been confusing myself for many years about the "dark side" of the moon and the "far side" of the moon, enough so that my misconception made sense to me. From reading this thread I've had to go back to the basics and clear up my previous misconceptions. The far side is always the far side, however the dark side changes, even the far side gets lit up. Simple, and many of you already knew that, but I have to admit I was confused but had myself convinced.

The lesson for me about "Deny Ignorance" is not to deny the possibility of being ignorant - because I just might be wrong and don't know it. I hope to remember to not deny the possibility of being ignorant in the future, that way I just might learn something. Geez, it's never too late.

I hope never to deny my own ignorance or hold a belief in my own correctness to the point my mind is closed to what actually is the truth of the matter, again.

Great that we have such discussions here that new ideas and way to look at subjects can be found, and that there is a chance to discover mistaken perceptions. Thanks ATS.

Thanks for your patients and for hearing my confession. I just wish I could edit away my post where I gave bad information. Sorry.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Erongaricuaro because: I was wrong and figured that out.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by RUSSO

.....a "rock" of the size of the moon, that travels through the universe.......

NO....the Moon is "native" to our Solar System, and only our Solar System. It "travelled" from nowhere.....

So, was just "FIAT LUX", then the moon shows up? Dont think so. Take a look on this quote of an article from a PHD Dr. N Huntley. I will put the link at the end.

Two Soviet scientists, Mikhail Vasin and Alexander Shcherbakov, have spent much of their careers examining the facts compiled on lunar phenomena. Their conclusion is that the Moon is artificial, possibly a hollowed-out planet, and that it was steered from some distant region of the galaxy into a circular orbit around our planet (hence the extraordinary mystery of rock and Moon-dust age variations). They claim that intellectual life has existed in the Moon for eons.

.... which exactly covers the sun, it is not about the odds.....

Again....it is NOT "exactly" the same relative diameter, to "exactly" cover the Sun. I wrote this in another thread, I think.....IF life on Earth had evolved in a different way, and instead of (65 million years ago) the predominance of dinosaurs, IF "we" were here....we would have seen the Moon much closer, in its orbit. So, it IS a "coincidence" that it "looks" the way it is now.....AND, this illusion is going to last for a long time, because of the scales of Cosmic distances. What I mean is, when you regard the SIZE of the Moon, and the distances involved....it is all about perspective.

So the moon was a "yoyo" that come up and come down in ancient times.... Ok. A little more of our phd here:

Our satellite has long since been established as being extremely dry but this information has been contradicted by the appearance of clouds on the surface. On one occasion a cloud of water vapour appeared covering more than 100 square miles. And it has been reported that strange clouds appear at lightning speed. The capture theory that the Moon was pulled into its orbit by the Earth was once favoured but the circular orbit of the Moon invalidated it. As already mentioned the Moon is the wrong size and in the wrong orbit. It is too big and too far out. It does not rotate relative to Earth; the same side always faces the Earth. And what about the amazing 'coincidence' of the eclipse phenomenon. The position and size of the Moon is precisely that necessary to eclipse the Sun's disc.

Why bomb the moon?

The LROC mission? Am surprised you have to ask. The whole point was to determine, by a rather creative means, a LARGE SCALE excavation, and thus analyze the results, using spectroscopy. A LOT cheaper than sending hardware up, landing on the surface, and exploring that way. It really was trying to answer the question about how much water ice exists at the Moon's poles. A lot, as it turns out (and as some had predicted...now it's confirmed).

Why Surprised? Search water in the moon again? They will bootle this to sell here? This was not a simple water measure mission. Thats for sure. Nasa needed to bomb mars to see if there was water in there? Dont think so. Well NASA called it a success...I call it a waste of 79 Million Dollars.

Why erase the original Nasa tapes about the first landing?

They weren't "erased". There are plenty of sources of recordings. What happened were a few tapes were put into storage, and then RE-USED, taped over....because the data had been captured and stored elsewhere.....

Not Erased. These Newspapers seem to tell quite the contrary:

Houston, We Erased The Apollo 11 Tapes
Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits
NASA Erases Moon Landing, Hollywood Restores It to “Better than Original”.
NASA’S Intergalactic Oops: We Erased Moon Tapes
Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits

But NO, they dont erased you say, okay then.

Ats is full of threads about the moon's incongruities.

Well.....many are mistaken.....

Here I agree with you....many are mistaken

Some more information:

In 1968 as Apollo 8 moved into orbit around the Moon, the astronauts spotted a colossal extraterrestrial object, which then had disappeared on the next orbit. Photographs were taken, of course, but not released to the public. On another occasion when the lunar excursion module was down to 4-5 miles from the Moon's surface astronauts witnessed a UFO suddenly rise from a crater and rapidly disappear. In 1969, "Buzz" Aldrin was checking the lunar surface from orbit, when two UFOs appeared, moved towards the Apollo rocket, hovered nearby, then to Aldrin's utter astonishment the UFOs joined to form one entity.

Furthermore, astronauts of Apollo 11 saw a spacefleet of UFOs lined up in a crater. Almost every Moon mission involved encounters with UFOs or UFO sightings, not to mention the discovery of many bases on the Moon's surface. Renowned astronomer Patrick Moore discovered over one hundred dome-like buildings. In fact, about one thousand such bases, dome-like structures of diameter around 700 feet, have been witnessed. Astronomy records extending back 200 years indicate no such artefacts until about the 1950s (remember the book entitledAlternative III?). Many of the UFO encounters by the astronauts were stated to be of a positive nature in which unintrusive assistance was given.

It has been found that asteroids and meteors not only create shallow craters on the Moon's surface but produce a convex floor to the crater instead of concave as expected, supporting the idea of a rigid shell. Countless other pieces of evidence from astronomers and NASA scientists began to reveal that some 2-3 miles down there appear to be dense layers of metal -- which would explain why the craters were convex. But the most astonishing conclusion is that the only theory which can completely explain all the anomalies is that the Moon is hollow with a shell about 20 miles thick --mostly metal. Note that mascons (higher concentrations of mass) found in the marias cause fluctuations in gravity and have never been satisfactorily explained.

Moreover, these structural anomalies were supported by two publications, one Time Magazine, which unwittingly revealed the gravity value of the Moon relative to Earth by publishing the distance from Earth to Moon of the null point between them, indicating a gravitational force some 60 -70 % of Earth. Furthermore, some people noticed the feeble plumage of the rocket exhaust as the module rose from the Moon's surface---explained away by NASA as due to the vacuum. But what about some of the telltale and suspicious features observed during the first Armstrong and Aldrin Moon landing.

It is really worth reading this article.

Dr. N Huntley, Ph.D.

edit on 23-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
@ Arken There is no DARK side of the moon. Farside gets just as much sun as the nearside does

@WeedWacker Well all those orbits that are not perfect... you KNOW they were jostled the last time Nibiru passed through the system, right? Spun venus the wrong way, tipped Uranis on its side...

@ Russo form your link;

Many people believe that the moon does not rotate, since the face of the moon is always facing the earth. But this is NOT TRUE!!. The moon rotates at exactly the PERFECT speed to keep the face pointing at the earth as the moon rotates in orbit. Furthermore, even though the moon's orbit is steadily increasing in distance from the earth year after year, the rotation of the moon slows at just the right decay to keep the face pointed directly at the earth as the orbit slows. The chances of this happening are impossible.

Our Moon is an Artificial Space Station ~~~ PROOF!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Dr. Mikhail Vasin and Dr. Alexander Shcherbakov
FROM THE EMINENT SOVIET JOURNAL: ’SPUTNIK’

The origin of the Moon is one of the most complicated problems of cosmogony. So far there have been basically three hypotheses under discussion.

HYPOTHESIS I: The Moon was once a part of the Earth and broke away from it.
This has now been refuted by the evidence.

HYPOTHESIS II: The Moon was formed independently from the same cloud of dust and gas as the Earth, and immediately became the Earth’s natural satellite.

But then why is there such a big difference between the specific gravity of the Moon (3.33 grams per cubic centimeter) and that of the Earth (5.5 gr.)? Furthermore, according to the latest information (analysis of samples brought back by the U.S. Apollo astronauts) lunar rock is not of the same composition as the Earth’s.

HYPOTHESIS III: The Moon came into being separately, and, moreover, far from the Earth (perhaps even outside the Solar system).

This would mean that the moon would not have to be fashioned from the same "clay" as our own planet. Sailing through the Universe, the Moon came into Earth’s proximity, and by a complex interplay of forces of gravity was brought within a geocentric orbit, very close to circular. But a catch of this kind is virtually impossible.

In fact, scientists studying the origin of the Universe today have no acceptable theory to explain how the Earth-Moon system came into being.

OUR HYPOTHESIS: The Moon is an artificial Earth satellite put into orbit around the Earth by some intelligent beings unknown to ourselves.

We refuse to engage in speculation about who exactly staged this unique experiment, which only a highly developed civilization was capable of.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join