It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 279
<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Yeah I understand about not wanting to rush and then later forgetting or not having enough time to update.

The Blog is excellent....I like it!

I am still trying to understand P waves and the like......there is sooooo much to learn in this field and it is so mind boggling. I will get there though....determination I tell ya!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I am hoping the same for sure...It has just been crazy lately with all the weather..Earthquakes..I've been through in California and I dont want to be in another. Northridge...1994. felt like i was in a flemsy cardboard box and the pool was sloshing huge waves of water out both sides..unforgettable..
We had a wildfire come about four miles of our home too, we were packed and ready to go..It was coming fast.. They contained it, thank god. Scary to think you might have to leave your home and possibly never see it again.
Hope today is quiet in earthquakes, but not too quiet..that would not be good i dont think..
Be watchful..take care.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I see the ATS team have revamped the imaging uploading/storage etc, just a beta version, but looks a lot easier to use

I'll try one out eh

heres a graph of energy released by preliminary located earthquakes in New Zealand over September so far, and tagged with the Moon Phases to see if there is any tie in

and a thumbnail for good measure

edit on 23-9-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

excellent
the thumbnail will be handy for pics over 550pixels wide

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Muzzy that is some cool stuff right there. I really hope you post these often and or your findings.

Is there any way we could also do that with the Sun and the alignments of Planets or do you not see a need in that? If not, why?

Thanks!!!!! oxoxo

Jenn

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lyons666
reply to post by MamaJ

I am hoping the same for sure...It has just been crazy lately with all the weather..Earthquakes..I've been through in California and I dont want to be in another. Northridge...1994. felt like i was in a flemsy cardboard box and the pool was sloshing huge waves of water out both sides..unforgettable..
We had a wildfire come about four miles of our home too, we were packed and ready to go..It was coming fast.. They contained it, thank god. Scary to think you might have to leave your home and possibly never see it again.
Hope today is quiet in earthquakes, but not too quiet..that would not be good i dont think..
Be watchful..take care.

I cant even imagine what that was like.....and the scare the people of New Zealand are going through especially now with this prophesying is alarming to say the least. My heart really goes out to them.

It is craaaazy times indeed but I must say that researching our climates history has lead me to believe this is only a cycle..nothing more...nothing less. The fear that is going around about the world ending is just not there for me. I know it seems like it may...but really we have had crazier times in the past. Sorry...I am rambling.

Glad you are ok too and able to come share your thoughts with us.

So far in the EQ world...everything is maintaining. It does appear the crackin is making its way back around to the West Coast.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Christchurch just had another 15 tonnes of TNT go off under the Cashmere Hills hour and a 40 minutes ago
www.geonet.org.nz...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by muzzy

Muzzy that is some cool stuff right there. I really hope you post these often and or your findings.

Is there any way we could also do that with the Sun and the alignments of Planets or do you not see a need in that? If not, why?

Thanks!!!!! oxoxo

Jenn

Jenn I did this a while back with both the Sun and the Moon over 2 months, looked like the Sun has no influence on Strong quakes at least, just as many quakes on days outside the CME as matching
(the CME's are the red text , first number is the number of CME's that day, the letter inside the [ ] is the class of CME)

tried to thumbnail that but it looks like you can only do new pics

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Really??? Fill me in.....by the way you said it ...it is as if this has happened before?? WTH are they doing?

Thanks for the graph...I wondered what the results would be and it is odd...for some reason it seems as though it should play a role in EQ's...but....what do I know. :lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It's the strength of the Mag 4 earthquake.

Expressed the energy as tons of TNT.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
PuterMan, Somebody in Ireland has said that there was a public announcement on RTE saying that the satelite is coming down over Ireland in the next 6 hours with debris falling in a line from Liverpool up to Hull. Can you confirm that this announcement was made as I can't find anything.....'cos if t's true....you could have a little 'trembler' over there in the next 6 hours!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Putermans reply is correct

he has swung me over to taking a closer interest in energy, instead of just counting how many quakes.
re the Sun, after looking into it there doesn't seem to be any relation to CME 's anyway, nor distance variations of the Sun (if there was there would be more quakes in the north and less in the south depending on what season it was, and that just doesn't happen)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
further to post by muzzy

I need to do one for August now

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Ok....thanks for that information. In regards to the Mag 4 Quake....which Mag 4 are we talking about? I have only looked at USGS today so I am not seeing any EQ today in New Zealand. Ha! I am really feeling helpless this afternoon. Geeeez. I know I am ditsy sometimes...but....hold on....maybe I just need to grab a beer.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
PuterMan, Somebody in Ireland has said that there was a public announcement on RTE saying that the satelite is coming down over Ireland in the next 6 hours with debris falling in a line from Liverpool up to Hull. Can you confirm that this announcement was made as I can't find anything.....'cos if t's true....you could have a little 'trembler' over there in the next 6 hours!

Rainbows
Jane

Really? I was wondering when and where that thing may come. I will have to check into that...dang....almost forgot about it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Look at the Icelandic Met Office seismicity page. Two over mag 3. One on Katla, the other to the north west. So Sorry, I don't know how to link. There was another plus 3 mag the other day, way north. They appear as green stars on the map.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Originally posted by muzzy
Christchurch just had another 15 tonnes of TNT go off under the Cashmere Hills hour and a 40 minutes ago
www.geonet.org.nz...

click on the bold type ( link) above where it says geonet

USGS don't do below 4.5 outside the USA (unless there is nothing else happening)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Sorry did not see your post until now.

No trembler here - the satellite is down. It's final destination was the US but the don't know exactly when and where.

See NASA update

I wonder if it did cause a small 'quake' to register? I think it may have come down in the sea however.

Note how the US Air Force ans NASA have not got a clue where it went. Guardians of US security or what?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Not looking good. This has been pretty active the past few days

All images (C) Icelandic Met Office

For details on how to do 'stuff' look in my signature for 'New to posting'

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Apparently it's come down in Canada.
www.canada.com...
and here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also this EQ Iceland

Magnitude ML 3.5
Region ICELAND
Date time 2011-09-24 02:49:18.0 UTC
Location 64.64 N ; 16.72 W
Depth 1 km
Distances 256 km E Reykjavík (pop 113,906 ; local time 02:49:18.2 2011-09-24)
134 km SE Akureyri (pop 16,563 ; local time 02:49:18.2 2011-09-24)
84 km NW Höfn (pop 1,695 ; local time 02:49:18.2 2011-09-24)

Source parameters provided by another agency

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

You're right about Texas! How many does that make now??? 4?

new topics

top topics

<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join