It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 282
<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I have another Theory if you want to hear it. Came to me awhile ago,but it concerns alot of other Fields of Science,but it pretty much connects with each other...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

edit on 9/25/2011 by katfish because: someone already postd the NW Territories quake

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jazkaat

Its a FAIL for sure.
I don't see how you can just use the NZ 7.1 in isolation to fit the 188 days, what about the other Mag 7's, that were even higher, within the 188 days?
Thats where Berkland's and Ken Ring's syzergy theories also fall down with a splat, "oh look there was a Mag 7 in the Ring of Fire on a Full Moon, which I predicted" , while failng to mention there was probably another 25 that weren't.
I've done my own research and will continue to do so, but I can't see anything whatsoever of anything that coincides with big earthquakes, and I've looked over 100 years of data.

Better to study Lottery numbers, at least you might get some result, likely not though

edit on 25-9-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In the continuing quest to see what the heck this Moon/ Earthquake relationship thingy is about, heres another graph of Energy Released (tonnes of TNT) on a dialy basis in NZ for August 2011.
As Seargent Shultz used to say in the TV show Hogans Heroes " I see nutting"

NZ Energy Release Graphs

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

heres a map of that data

g.co...

reply to post by Givenmay

quite common for quakes, but rareish this size, as you can see from the EQ Canada Map of the Province
earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

recognised Norman Welles from that TV show Ice Pilots
edit on 25-9-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Magnitude
Date-Time
Monday, September 26, 2011 at 03:08:09 UTC
Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 08:08:09 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
9 km (5.6 miles)
Region
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
5 km (3 miles) NNE (13°) from San Leandro, CA
8 km (5 miles) NW (317°) from Castro Valley, CA
9 km (6 miles) ESE (120°) from Oakland, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters
Nph= 86, Dmin=4 km, Rmss=0.12 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=4
Source
California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR
Event ID
nc71653461

I did not feel this. There was a smaller quake out near San Francisco Zoo at around the same time.

Magnitude
Date-Time
Monday, September 26, 2011 at 03:11:40 UTC
Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 08:11:40 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
8.9 km (5.5 miles)
Region
OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances
6 km (3 miles) W (261°) from San Francisco Zoo
10 km (6 miles) WNW (293°) from Daly City, CA
11 km (7 miles) WNW (298°) from Colma, CA
14 km (9 miles) WSW (246°) from San Francisco City Hall, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles)
Parameters
Nph= 49, Dmin=11 km, Rmss=0.06 sec, Gp=108°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=1
Source
California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR
Event ID
nc71653466

Both on the 37th.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I only felt the first one, 2 quick soft shakes, was interesting

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by polar
I only felt the first one, 2 quick soft shakes, was interesting

There was a smaller quake out near San Francisco Zoo,,since when did bears,
learn how too use the internet???

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
If a Fault unleashes one Mag 9 every 100 Years...what would happen if it skips one? What could it unleash after 200 Years with no Mag 9 to release the pent-up energy?

There are Studies which show that the Plates are getting thicker over Time,be it from Magma,Particles from Outer Space (Space Dust),Human Citys (and thats not a Joke) or something else...wouldn´t it be a Logical Conclusion that Earthquakes could get bigger over Time,because Faults need more Energy before they even can Rupture?

Well I think it's safe to say Japan has never seen a quake that big going back thousands of years, so I think it probably takes a lot longer than 100 years for that kind of energy to build up for a 9+. Which is exactly my concern. One never knows WHAT kind of apocalyptic energy has been built up over thousands, maybe even millions of years in places like, for example, the mid Atlantic ridge, or Kamchatka, etc.

How do we know that all that sea floor spreading over the last 3 billion years on the mid Atlantic ridge hasn't caused some insane pressures to build up some 300 km down deep on a fault that only rears its ugly head once every 5 million years? We don't! I mean the whole planet could shake so severely at once it kills nearly everything except for the roaches, rats and birds!

AHHH. To go out in such a blaze of glory! I could live die with it though if it took out all the mean people with it too.
Cause I hate em.

But I am in absolute agreement about the depth of the fault playing a role in the size of the quake, and that's a good point.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
more on post by muzzy

broke that EQ Canada data out to just show the NW Territories
I put the USGS events that Puterman posted in as well, they have a number 1 on them to identify.
The EQ Canada data is only back 5 years, so theres no matching to the swarm in 2001 that usgs has.

NWT 5 year history interactive map
thumbnai of screenshot of that map, click to see full size

easier to see on Google earth if you have that option as the two sources are seperate files,
KMZ File
although you can play around with the tick boxes on the left hand column on the Interactive Map too, the USGS file is down near the bottom, tick to see , untick to not see etc

edit on 26-9-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Of course. I always want to hear theories.

If it is not quake related you could post it in Robinesque Ruminations. I am sure Robin won't mind.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Thats where Berkland's and Ken Ring's syzergy theories also fall down with a splat, "oh look there was a Mag 7 in the Ring of Fire on a Full Moon, which I predicted" , while failng to mention there was probably another 25 that weren't.

So very very true muzzy. The problem is that these people depend on the fact that most just listen to what is said and never go an check anything for themselves, unlike on ATS where everything gets questioned. "Sources", "Pics or it didn't happen" etc.

What appals me is that Berkland is supposed to be a geologist and really should know better. I suppose if one's scaremongering drives people to your sites for clicks and sale then that is the object.

Better to study Lottery numbers, at least you might get some result, likely not though

Let me know when you have cracked the 329 day lottery cycle or random numbers.

As an aside:

Last weekends Irish lottery numbers
Mine

Annoying or what!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

How do we know that all that sea floor spreading over the last 3 billion years on the mid Atlantic ridge

Possibly because the oldest dating we get for the Atlantic is about 180 million years?

Or is the rest subducted?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Here is something to have a smile at

Prediction Centre

BUT whilst a don't call a 6.6 when a 7.8 was predicted a hit I believe that underneath it all they may be working on something that I am looking at - when I get time.

SUCCESSFUL FORECAST OF THE MODERATE EARTHQUAKE in the Subsystem the North of Microplate Burma. (Sorry, their CAPS)

In particular however take a look at this page.

THE METHOD

I am not laughing this out of Court as I have similar thoughts myself (I think until I have gone through this in detail).

edit on 26/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just had a shiver here, 11:20 AM. North County St. Louis Missouri

Literally a funny hum and the house shivered. Felt like it came from the East/Southeast.

No trucks, no blasting, pretty day.
edit on 9/26/2011 by katfish because: add info

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by katfish
Just had a shiver here, 11:20 AM. North County St. Louis Missouri

Literally a funny hum and the house shivered. Felt like it came from the East/Southeast.

No trucks, no blasting, pretty day.
edit on 9/26/2011 by katfish because: add info

Another one for the New Madrid....makes four in one week

What say the experts?
edit on 26-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I had a quick look over that, a lot gets lost in the translation, I can't figure out his method.
This page was interesting tho'
Code of the Mayan Calender

THE BASIC CODE OF THE MAYA The epoch of the Fifth Sun - "SUN MOVEMENT" should be understood as TECTONIC life of the Earth: Beginning ARARAT, 3113 B.C. End ARAKAN, 2012 Distance between them it is equal 5126 km Japanese catastrophe TOHOKU the warning. It also is on distance of 5126 km from ARAKAN and is commemoration of the sunset period of the Fifth Sun. Destroying the country of a rising Sun tectonics has clearly let know to mankind that the Fifth Sun comes to the end in 2012.

I'll check that out (distances) have seen that number before somewhere a few years ago.

he's predicting Santa Barbara, Cal, based on the coords 34.55N, 119.85W for 2011-2013, Mag 8.0
but on the same line he has Cholame, so i googled that and got the co-ords of 35°43′26″N 120°17′44″W which puts it E of Paso Robles

What say you Californians about the locations?
Wheres the San Andreas from there?

The town of Cholame is best known as the place where James Dean died on September 30, 1955
edit on 26-9-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Tectonic processes occur slowly, but saved up here for many hundreds years of pressure can lead to huge tectonic catastrophe and unprecedented victims.

From that calendar page. How strange we should find this just after we had discussed faults and mag 12 quakes and Shenon came up with some ideas.

Shenon said "Because the Energy needed to generate such Magnitudes takes awhile to accumulate... "

TA said "so I think it probably takes a lot longer than 100 years for that kind of energy to build up for a 9+"

I don't (or maybe didn't) believe in the 2012 thing but that page has some sombre reading on it from someone who in ,my opinion is NOT in any way a scaremonger.

The suggestion that people have been on this planet before is not uncommon and it may have happened several times. There are many out of place artefacts that seem to support this.

I know how his system works pretty much since as I said I have something like it in mind myself, but I have not started applying it yet.

I think I had better, as a double check on what this fellow says, because what he says in such a matter of fact scientific manner is actually mega-doom spelt more like MEGA_DOOM.

I actually don't think he is right, but then I shall probably salute as the ship goes down!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I don't know if there's been any recent in New Madrid. There's nothing on the list. However, there's been a few in Arkansas that have yet to show up.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I've saved the link so will have a read later on today, lots of stuff to get through.
That it ends back at Mexico at the end is interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join