It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 274
<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Heh heh!

The gullible are so easily parted with their $$$'s

I can never get over the amount of so called 'intelligent' people that still get caught up with NIGERIAN SCAMS...I guess while there are people like that out there, they are going to get MILKED for every penny!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Heh heh!

The gullible are so easily parted with their $$$'s

I can never get over the amount of so called 'intelligent' people that still get caught up with NIGERIAN SCAMS...I guess while there are people like that out there, they are going to get MILKED for every penny!

I don't understand why they're all so keen to die... and if not this month then hey, some guy will predict imminent death and destruction for next month! They must lead very boring, miserable lives to spend their last days trawling YouTube for the next dodgy alien video...

What gets me is that NONE of the ardent believers are willling to hand me all their cash and assets on 25th... NONE.. wonder why???

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Exactly. Maybe a large percentage of the population secretly have a DEATH-WISH?

Seriously though, maybe relgion has been so badly maligned these last few decades, and faith lost, that people are struggling with the 'meaning of life', and are just looking to make sense of all, but without any guiding direction?

Oh and to keep on topic...been a slow earthquake day!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you so much for your patients, and explanations! I really appreciate it.

Now, I have to ask...you and moorfNZ. the following.

Since moorfNZ says that those sounds are nothing experienced with personal quakes, I am more curious than ever about the reports that followed the CO and VA quakes. Forgive me if these were mentioned in this thread after those quakes, I don't have time to go back and re-read that far back. I know this was mentioned in a thread, just don't know which one.

Did either of you read about this?

A frightening foreign military intelligence directorate (GRU) report circulating in the Kremlin today states that over the past nearly 36 hours the vast intercontinental military tunnel complex constructed by the United States Air force over the past nearly 45 years was hit with two powerful nuclear explosions at its main terminuses in Colorado and Virginia used nearly exclusively by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

According to this report, this unprecedented nuclear attack began on the evening of 22 August when one of the main air pressure relief tunnels for this CIA tunnel, located at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa Florida, was forced open allowing millions of cubic feet of air to rush suddenly into the atmosphere. The unique sound of this event was captured by video [3rd video] during a baseball game being played at Tropicana Field near MacDill, though US officials blamed the “mystery noise” on a faulty sound system. This GRU report, however, points out that Russian engineers are well acquainted with this unique sound as they work feverishly to prepare an additional 5,000 bomb shelters ordered by Prime Minister Putin this past spring to be completed by the end of 2012. Russian engineers were, also, able to duplicate this unique sound this past March when they were called into the Ukraine to vent a number of deep underground tunnels from poison gas that had killed three people near Kiev and which was, likewise, captured by video.

Within a few hours of the venting of this vast tunnel complex, this report continues, a nuclear device was detonated at its western terminus located near Trinidad Colorado with the second blast occurring nearly 12 hours later at the eastern terminus near Culpeper Virginia, and both causing powerful earthquakes felt by tens of millions of Americans.

Entire Article Here

I would be curious if that is more possible, given the sounds and the timing of said sounds vs just an earthquake?

edit on 20-9-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

That report falls under "Sorcha Faal".

Sorta fail.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Robin. Exactly what I was looking for. I do think some of this is 'natural' (gas?) and other noises and yes sound can have strange things done to it in the atmosphere - and by the way I agree with your comment that we may be getting more of this as the climate is changing (the reasons for which we will NOT debate here). Take a million or so stars!

reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Ooh love it. Do you have a link for that? I would love to preserve it posterior. (Yes I did mean posterior).

Update: Belay that, I found it. Nearly had to call an ambulance - couldn't breath I was laughing so much!

Sorry I just have to put his here as a perfect example of what not to listen to. (MODS: please remove if you think this is OT)

reply to post by MoorfNZ

He's taking bookings for his European tour in 2012!!

And still the gullible believe. They say laughter is good for you. Thanks MoorfNZ, you must have just done me a power of good!

reply to post by summer5

As harryhaller so correctly says [
] :

That report falls under "Sorcha Faal".

Sorta fail.

You might as well add eu times to your blocked sites so you don't get to go there. You will get nothing real from that site ever.

@All, Mm quiet? No I did not say that.

edit on 21/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Robin....thank you for those articles!
Perhaps that would explain why people who hear it live say it sounds like it's "coming from everywhere". That's how it sounded when I heard it...could not pinpoint a direction. It was like it was "enveloping" the area, from every diection.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

It probably sounds like it coming from everywhere because it is. The sound waves are bouncing. If it originally was bounced off the atmosphere, it will also bounce off the ground and bounce off the incoming waves. This would produce a hum that would seem to be coming at you from every direction.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I know you don't like the computer models developed for climate change. I will expand on my rant in Ruminations. But here's a study demonstrating deeper waters are warmer.

www.cbc.ca...

You think the models are posteriorious. I agree. My hypothesis proved more accurate than theirs'. I knew it would happen faster. Which it is.

shut up robin

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
A bit of a shake in Japan:

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 13:31:03 UTC
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 10:31:03 PM at epicenter
Depth
51.4 km (31.9 miles)
Region
NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances
45 km (27 miles) ENE of Utsunomiya, Honshu, Japan
45 km (27 miles) NNW of Mito, Honshu, Japan
59 km (36 miles) WSW of Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
130 km (80 miles) NNE of TOKYO, Japan
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 15.6 km (9.7 miles); depth +/- 7.5 km (4.7 miles)
Parameters
NST=329, Nph=331, Dmin=191.5 km, Rmss=0.69 sec, Gp= 50°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=4
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0005xt0

Be Well.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

They have to find some way to explain the cooling. Of course it could not be El whatsit now could it, or lower solar activity. Yess the arth is cooler because it is warming!

Stick that right up there with Sorta Fail and 12 to 15 Magnitude earthquakes. (Alexander Retrov)

As a matter of interest a mag 12 quake would require a rupture area of 100,000,000 km2 as against a world surface area of 510.000,000 km2, s about 1/5th. A mag 13 quake we re such as thing possible would actually be impossible because the rupture area would be about 1,000,000,000 km2 or twice the surface area of the earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

gday Muzzy, and thanks for that...

yes i remember too,

a girl from up around townsville / cairns area was posting about it...

it is out of the ORDINARY to get many big quakes up that way...
(not that this was big)

but biggish by local standards...

seeya

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

YES! That sounds like an an explaination!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They say it's a gas line and probably is.... but...happening now. Read the whole thread...just popped up www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/21/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The roaring noises you posted are what I heard this morning. I called the local TV reporters and said I thought it could be gas line related.

It was a huge and overwhelming noise.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Yes....turns out that it was....how far were you from it?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hey ya'll!!!!
How it be goin' ??

It has been quiet....and possibly too quiet?? What is up with the EQ's....pressure building or what? I just go homw from work and saw we had a small one close to New Madrid.

Small....indeed though.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 14:06:49 UTC
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 09:06:49 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
6 km (3.7 miles)
Region
SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
Distances
4 km (2 miles) ENE (67°) from Marston, MO
5 km (3 miles) SSE (147°) from Howardville, MO
7 km (4 miles) SSW (205°) from New Madrid, MO
161 km (100 miles) NNE (13°) from Memphis, TN
241 km (150 miles) SSE (166°) from St. Louis, MO
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.3 km (0.2 miles); depth +/- 0.8 km (0.5 miles)
Parameters
NST= 21, Nph= 25, Dmin=3 km, Rmss=0.08 sec, Gp= 72°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source
Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network
Event ID
nm092111a

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks!!

This is like the 2nd or 3rd quake on the New Madrid this week....

2 in Kentucky and this one in Missouri...

Is the New Madrid fault line 'active'???

edit on 21-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just wanted to ask you guys to check out what I just posted and let me know what you think (regarding the sounds/ and geomagnetism affecting plates etc) Just putting it out there....could this really be possible? I know some of you will know if it is legit or not.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks!!

This is like the 2nd or 3rd quake on the New Madrid this week....

2 in Kentucky and this one in Missouri...

Is the New Madrid fault line 'active'???

edit on 21-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

Hey Buttercookie!!

This is like the second time I "heard" there was an EQ in KY. Can ya shoot me a link because I didn't find it listed on USGS. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place...
I have no idea but ....haven't seen it.

I am not sure if they are fracking now in these areas. I will check into it. The Arkansas swarm we had last year and he beginning of this year was indeed caused from fracking.

new topics

top topics

<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join