It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the rapture is different than how it's portrayed in the 'Left Behind' series?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The catholic church also believe a man can forgive sins...and a man is the mediator between humans and God. And that we should worship the virgin mary and all the saints instead of Jesus...there's a big difference there...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

i see what you mean but I respectfully disagree. I don't think God would need our bodies so the ones who are taken is referring to the saints who's spirits are taken to meet Jesus in the clouds. It's such a minor detail and either one of us could be right.
edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I care deeply about this subject for it has caused much disruption in the body of Christ. Some say it does not matter whether you believe in a pre-trib rapture or not and it's senseless to quarrel over such things. I do not wish to quarrel, but I do believe rightly dividing the word is important. One's eternal salvation may be at stake if these are the end of days and you are faced with believing a lie of the highest magnitude.

It is my firm belief that the pre-trib rapture is a false teaching. It sounds good and thus people want to believe in it, but that is not how I read my bible in keeping with Greek grammar rules. The rapture teaching did not even begin until 1830 when a woman named Margaret McDonald had a vision which she herself said felt evil. She was in a trance and shared the "any moment" idea of a "rapture" teaching, and two pastors who were there ran with it, and thus we had this new take on the end times. You can research this event. Look up Dave MacPherson and his writing on the "cover-up". check out www.truthkeepers.com...

In Thessalonians one has to keep the subject and verb together. One cannot make a verb apply to whatever one wants, but must keep in context with the subject at hand. Paul had to follow up his first letter to them because they got very confused. So, he writes to them and clarifies what he meant. I will comment in [ ].

2 Thessalonians 2:

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

[ Here Paul directly addresses them about not being upset about this idea of gathering unto Jesus. Don't be worried by any spirit, word, or letter (think Paul's first letter that got them so upset) that the day of Christ is at hand. He then says....]

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

[The day of the gathering shall NOT come until the son of perdition (Satan) is revealed! No pre-trib /any moment rapture]

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

[Satan/anti-Christ/deceiver/Apolyon will come and he will seat himself in the temple of God and be worshipped as God. There is not doubt who Paul is talking about here. The subject is Satan's coming and being worshipped as God.]

5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
[Paul is aghast that they have been confused and are troubled since when he was there he plainly spoke of these things with them.]

Paul goes on to say:

6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

[withholdeth is a transitive verb that must refer back to the subject just before, and that subject is Satan coming and being worshipped. In Revelation, we know that it is Michael who is holding back Satan until the proper time.]

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

[Again, the verbs must stay with the subject and that is Satan and who is holding him back at this time. It has nothing to do with rapture or some any moment doctrine begun in 1830.]

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

[Many well meaning Christians will be deceived and perish for worshipping the Anti-Christ whom they believe to be Jesus Christ. There will be miracles, signs and wonders, and they will be deceived.]

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

[Many believe they are following truth because it is what their well meaning pastors and teachers have taught them. They have great pride in being close to God, speaking in tongues, and being one of the chosen. They take great pleasure in their worship, but whom will they be worshipping when such a master of deceit is let loose? What will they say when the true Messiah comes?

Matthew 7:22

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

[Maybe he was warning those who profess to love him and believe in him not to be fooled, for helping the worst one of iniquity in that final hour. They are deceived in their minds and work with their hands for him. That will be the mark of the beast upon them. Granted, many throughout the ages have said they were doing X for the Lord, and it was wrong. But in keeping with Paul's warning in 2 Thessalonians, it is prudent to know what's coming. Satan comes first, is worshipped as God by the entire world, and only a very few will refuse to do so. The last trumpet shall sound, and we shall know the truth in the Day of the Lord.]

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

As you can see, John Darby started this lie, and Christians today still believe it as truth.

What will happen, IMHO, is a cosmic event that will kill every living soul in an instant, just like that, in the blink of an eye, we will all be in Spirit form. People will be afraid, and will do everything trying to kill themselves, especially Christians, when they suddenly discover that all they have believed is a lie, and no one is coming to save them. There will be monsters, created from human though-forms, there will be the dead, and all will be afraid. This is when the Reptilians will make their move on us. They want the energy of our Souls for their own. Christians should have no problem with this, they have been giving these creatures their energy for many years now, in the form of worship. My advice? Take your power unto yourself and go forth, and create. That is your true purpose, friend.

We are on much of the same thought wave. I believe the greatest truth is to learn to walk in love. Not wimpy syrup like love (though that can be nice too), but unconditional love. It exists at the highest vibrational level, and the reptilians and other negative forces/entities cannot stand it. They are doing everything they can to stir up fear. Fear is the opposite of love, not hate. Hate is bad, but everything bad comes from some level of fear. Try to walk an entire day in a state of love. Not one negative thought, word, or action. It is so very hard, but we were given a clue in the bible that in all things to be content. When in a state of content there is no fear. And with this thought, I do send love to all the truth seekers here.

We could of course start another thread on the idea of "can worship give the reptilians power when we are worshiping for the wrong reasons?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join