It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Let's get rid of the EPA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think that is a darned good idea. They've become a dictatorial bunch of bureaucrats with no oversight. While we're at it, get rid of the Department of Energy, which was supposed to secure energy and has done nothing since Carter created it but make us more dependent on foreign oil. In fact, you could make a case that both agencies have done exactly the opposite of what they were chartered to accomplish. Then take the Department of Education apart and give the money back to the states where it belongs.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Like how Houston surpassed LA in 1999 after they lowered their environmental standards?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sooo, what about the IRS? How come nobody is mentioning nixing them, hmm?

Originally posted by schuyler
I think that is a darned good idea. They've become a dictatorial bunch of bureaucrats with no oversight. While we're at it, get rid of the Department of Energy, which was supposed to secure energy and has done nothing since Carter created it but make us more dependent on foreign oil. In fact, you could make a case that both agencies have done exactly the opposite of what they were chartered to accomplish. Then take the Department of Education apart and give the money back to the states where it belongs.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Again, the concept of the EPA is a good idea, the problem, as it is with all gubment agencies is the newfangled lobbyist involvement, and inevitable fraud, waste, and abuse of the tax payers dollars.

This applies to all agencies, but IMO the EPA is one that could do GOOD if it was given the chance.

Originally posted by Janky Red
Like how Houston surpassed LA in 1999 after they lowered their environmental standards?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

So who do you think calls the shots at the EPA, FAA, DOE, DOD, FDA etc.
If you haven't noticed the paradigm has shifted from representing the will of the people to a corporate controlled government with the "bureaucrats" essentially on the corp. payroll with the taxpayers writing the checks.
Follow the money...

Fox is a fantasy land tilting at windmills that don't even exist.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

edit on 21-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by hawkiye

Better yet just go straight to the article www.nationalreview.com...

Well why do that when I can just watch Fox News instead?

Oh yea because we all know Huffington post is such a bastion of truth... Sigh! The article was a guys personal experience and dead on I know I used to live in CA. Ask anyone whose "from" CA and they will tell you also that is why there has been a massive exodus from CA the last ten years .

But of course we wouldn't want to upset your emotional beliefs in how wonderful the EPA supposedly is despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The EPA just needs some serious regulation on itself. In particular, their behavior on just letting Monsanto do basically whatever it wants. Yeah, not cool at all.

Monsanto is in the fast-lane trying to destroy this planet. Everything they do is absolutely destructive and insane. DDT, Agent Orange, Biotechnology, Patenting Life, Genetically Modified Plant life, it's all insane. They are a destructive force on this planet, and they've done nothing to help feed the world. They exploit entire nations, impoverished or not.

EPA just sits back and does nothing.
edit on 21-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

EPA just sits back and does nothing.
edit on 21-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

I'd say the EPA sits back and collects kickbacks from the said company. I hate the EPA but as an outdoorsman I know something has to be done to keep our environment viable. The responsibilities of the EPA should be delegated by the state and it's citizens, not the FEDs and their lobbyists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join