It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots, kills family dog

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Why? I liked your avatar and I wanted to use it, also I'm not "Hijacking" this thread I'm just giving my opinion which is something I thought ATS was for.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

It may sound like I'm trying to be a jackass but I'm not, I'm just saying I sick of seeing commercials from celebrities who talk about abused animals and how we should adopt them but at the same time there are a ton of a abused, homeless and sick children just in America alone but you never here those celebrities say to volunteer at a homeless shelter or wherever else people need help.

Which has NOTHING to do with this thread.

Seriously, read back what you posted and try and tell me you were not out of line

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It may sound like I'm trying to be a jackass but I'm not, I'm just saying I sick of seeing commercials from celebrities who talk about abused animals and how we should adopt them but at the same time there are a ton of a abused, homeless and sick children just in America alone but you never here those celebrities say to volunteer at a homeless shelter or wherever else people need help.

Neither speak of the abused, sick and tired children in any other country for that matter. Neither speak of the ills of the world unless it is in a forum which their voice will be heard. Here you try to squelch another's voice and call your own more important.

A true contradiction indeed. Hypocritical at it's very core.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

But it's necessary for me to prove my point.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's just a dog, nothing serious. Dogs get way too much attention anyways it's aways good to get rid of a few of these disgusting creatures.

Why the desperate need for attention....troll

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Neither speak of the abused, sick and tired children in any other country for that matter. Neither speak of the ills of the world unless it is in a forum which their voice will be heard. Here you try to squelch another's voice and call your own more important.

A true contradiction indeed. Hypocritical at it's very core.

No, I'm not trying to "squelch" he voice, I'm just pointing out the inconsistency when it comes to things like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Your's or mine? I've been very consistent, and have not redacted any claims or evidence on the grounds that it was wholly false. You have no evidence, only off-topic claims.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes, go ahead and call me a troll because I don't think dogs are the greatest things ever. Yeah, sure, they have a sense of innocence around them, since they don't speak, don't judge, and are pretty simple in their emotions but they aren't that important.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Police officers get injured from dogs very often. They shoot the dogs so they do not get attacked when answering a call. They won't scour around and shoot a dog in a kennel or dog run, only ones that are an active threat to their person, aka a current danger. I am not talking about a bit of barking either, police officers are trained in understanding dog attack behaviors and will only shoot those they feel will attack them. To prevent putting a police officer in that position place the dog in a laundry room, in a kennel, or in a separately gated area like a dog run or side yard. This way the officers won't have to worry about being bitten, You're just trying to make something out of nothing.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Yes, go ahead and call me a troll because I don't think dogs are the greatest things ever. Yeah, sure, they have a sense of innocence around them, since they don't speak, don't judge, and are pretty simple in their emotions but they aren't that important.

But that's not what you said...you said...

It's just a dog, nothing serious. Dogs get way too much attention anyways it's aways good to get rid of a few of these disgusting creatures.

That doesn't sound like trolling to you?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

No, that's not trolling. It's called making a statement.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
To put power of that largely opinionated discernment of intent into a police officers hands is surely not preferrable? To be guilty before a crime is committed, and sentenced to death, with the officer being judge, jury, and executioner is not palatable to the American psyche. Dog or not, this is not justice.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Maybe not justice but it's sometimes completely necessary and understandable. It might seem unnecessary to you, but cops have to do something that is popularly known as "reacting". There's a lot of guys who're cops who just aren't tough enough to be cops. They're the guys who're constantly afraid, call for backup when it isn't necessary, and draw their gun way too quick. But my point is this is just a dog and it isn't that important.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So by you logic if the tables were turned then it would be good to get rid of a few disgusting child creatures

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow, that is pretty messed up. I hope that cop gets his nuts chewed off by a chiwawa, that would be some poetic justice there. What a jerk.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Argh, must be doublepost monday
edit on Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:11:01 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
That aint no little mutt..

That dog is a BIG PITBULL..
*snip*

I'd say that's pure racism. Pitbulls are not aggressive dogs unless you abuse them to hell. They're great with kids and families. Of course all breeds of dogs have bad apples and even sometimes perfectly nice dogs go haywire and attack someone. Pitbulls are no exception one way or another.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The sweetest four-legged companion I have ever known was Precious, an American Bulldog. I watched a squad leader of mine put down another four-legged companion, a Black Laborador Retriever because it put gashes in his son's face.

You can't judge a book by it's cover.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I thought I'd ask my dog's opinion on this.

He said that he is glad he's never seen a cop around here. He wants to know if they are anything like UPS men. He also said he is very glad that UPS men don't have guns.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Okay, Rockdisjoint. You are making this thread way off topic. Get outta here, and if you want to argue that point, make a new thread.

Esteemed, OP, you did a really good job of handling that guy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join