It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author of pedophilia how-to book arrested

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

How about that. Perverts who write books about molesting children really are into the molestation of children. So are their book sellers. I would not have a problem with life in prison or the death penality for any adult who molests children and a long term for those adults who get off on talking dirty to children.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
is the book a guide to actually molesting children or is it just how to look at lolicon on the internet without getting a visit from the party van?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What was he arrested for exactly?

No, "because he wrote a creepy book" doesn't count. I'd just like to know. This all seems like a knee-jerk response.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sorry, wrong pedophile. It was actually Geoffrey Leonard the one that wrote books on pedophilia in australia and no-one does anything.

www.youtube.com...

www.smh.com.au...
edit on 20-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is hilarious...come on now...all the pedo wanted to do is inform the public on how to properly go about it if you want to have sex with kids...noble...Frankly I'm surprised they didn't consider giving him his own tv-show in this depraved and degenerate reality tv culture..." The kid-hunter "

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If I write a book on cooking its because I have experience - same with this scumbag. Hang him high!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
What was he arrested for exactly?

No, "because he wrote a creepy book" doesn't count. I'd just like to know. This all seems like a knee-jerk response.

He was arrested on a warrant (warrants are issued by a magistrate and an attesting officer under oath that probable cause exists) for the publication and dissemination of obscene material. Earlier in the thread there is a link to the title in Florida's state code to the obscenity title.

Writing the creepy book, not so much. Using children as a subject for dissemination of obscene material is pretty much what the Sheriff's department statement was.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
jonathan swift wrote a short story about using children as food. it was a satire. would he be arrested today?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
God forbid parents learn how pedo's groom their children
yes, burn the book quick before there is a light shined on how the average child molestors mind works...keep it in the dark and the parents ignorant.

-sighs-

now the only ones that will know the information...is of course the pedophiles..but hey, its not about logic, its about emotions. Ignorance makes it all go away.[
edit on 20-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: grammar - more coffee needed

This is the most cold, nonsensical reasoning I've heard on this site yet, and that's saying a lot!
Listen, if you honestly think this book would realistically do more good than harm, YOU deserved to be locked up away from society. That's a monstrous view, void of any heart and intuition.
It's not about logic versus emotion. I'm not buying into your division.
It's about integrating emotions with logic.
You seem to have a terrible difficulty in this department.

If you honestly think that more adults would learn the techniques of pedophiles to prevent these practices than pedo perverts learn techniques and gaining victims, you're out of your freaking mind.

down with the cold hearted, logic vs emotion fools.

edit on 20-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I agree with SaturnFX's reasoning. These books provide insight into how pedophiles "function". They will do nothing to deter or promote pedophilia. If a pedophile is out there, he will find a way to molest a child regardless of the books.

Banning them is just an emotional out-cry.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

I agree with SaturnFX's reasoning. These books provide insight into how pedophiles "function". They will do nothing to deter or promote pedophilia. If a pedophile is out there, he will find a way to molest a child regardless of the books.

Banning them is just an emotional out-cry.

Complete nonsense.

They provide insight to how pedophiles function to those who are willing to look into this. In REALITY, what percentage of the people whom would actually obtain a copy of this book do you figure would be trying to deter a pedo? Come on, man.

A pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescents. It depends on many factors IF he/she will molest a child, and how many victims he/she may have. One of those factors is knowledge of how to do it successfully, which this book seems to provide. You don't think the book does anything to deter or promote pedophilia?? You've got some screws missing up there, pal.

It's an emotional outcry for a damned good reason, and it's based on logic and intuition at the same time...not to mention common sense, which all of you supporters obviously lack.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You seem to have very emotionally based arguments to post. I respect your ability to do so, but please look at it from a more logical perspective. There are more direct things that are right in the open that promote pedophilia. You have ofcourse heard of NAMBLA? en.wikipedia.org...

I believe any would-be pedophile would immediately look to NAMBLA for guidance or inspiration. Having said that, let's say that these books WERE banned. It would be quite easy to find them on the internet anyway if they were. The Anarchists cook-book (quite basic recipes IMO) has been banned in many countries (I'm not so sure of this anymore though) yet you can find it just as easily on internet torrent sites, among other military training manuals and IED techniques. Banning the physical manifestation will do nothing for the pedophile.

Perversion can drive and motivate them to find these things, not that you even needed these things to find the banned books in first place.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You seem to have very emotionally based arguments to post. I respect your ability to do so, but please look at it from a more logical perspective. There are more direct things that are right in the open that promote pedophilia. You have ofcourse heard of NAMBLA? en.wikipedia.org...

I provided logic and emotion, yet you seem to deny the logic provided and see only the emotional aspect. How convenient of you. Yes, I've heard of NAMBLA and it's this same kind of politically correct nonsense that allows these sociopaths and pedophiles to get away with having such sites. I in no way condone this site. Hopefully banning this book was just a first step of a growing movement that will next go after such groups as the above mentioned.

I believe any would-be pedophile would immediately look to NAMBLA for guidance or inspiration. Having said that, let's say that these books WERE banned. It would be quite easy to find them on the internet anyway if they were. The Anarchists cook-book (quite basic recipes IMO) has been banned in many countries yet you can find it just as easily on internet torrent sites, among other military training manuals and IED techniques. Banning the physical manifestation will do nothing for the pedophile.

Yes, it would be easy to find IF society didn't uphold their moral duty to call a severe perversion a wrong, and collectively do what they could to call out every single site, and person who allowed such trash on their servers. If it happened by mistake, fine, but make sure to get it off ASAP.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Honestly your holier than thou self righteous high giddy up horse go go approach to disagreeing with people will not get the "reaction" you seem to be searching for.

This is basic communication 101 stuff here. If you want anyone to pay attention to your message don't litter it with insults and judgments of character/psyche...unless your intention is simply to do just that.

Saturn has a good and very logical point...

You can bet your wild ass that law enforcement will obtain a copy of this book and study it and learn how to better do their job in preventing these disgusting crimes...Why cannot parents and the like do the same? It may enrage and sicken you to read what is within that book but once you get past the EMOTIONAL knee jerk reaction to avoid it like the plague there is a great deal of information that could be gained and help protect, recognize and avoid the types of people perpetrating such grotesque activities.

You are completely missing the point if you think that anyone here is promoting or standing up for the act of pedophilia etc...I haven't seen anyone supporting those actions, rather they are looking at the situation from a more logical point of view than an emotional one.

If anything this author has enlightened people on what to look for in protecting themselves...

consider this:

IF pedophiles start using this book as their instruction manual and do as it says AND at the same time people learn what is within the book and what it instructs as a guide of "what to look out for" to protect, recognize, avoid, and alert of those activities who ultimately is empowered and who ultimately is dis empowered? Its not the pedophiles anymore...its the people who learned to protect themselves from that information.

This book is not going to convert people into pedophiles.. just as a book on murder isn't going to convert people into serial killers...

these people exist already and if we have the ability to gain a bit of insight as to how they are going to try and commit their crimes...all the more power to us and all the less power to them...

your emotions and fear are getting in the way of seeing this very logical perspective.

Also I think Saturn was just simply implying that people can turn this book into a positive thing in the fight against pedophilia....but because they are so emotionally turned off they will refuse to do so. Its more comfortable yes but not necessarily smart...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Honestly your holier than thou self righteous high giddy up horse go go approach to disagreeing with people will not get the "reaction" you seem to be searching for.

Self righteous is just another way of saying morally judgmental. I'm certainly morally judgmental and damned proud of it. You have a problem with my passion? Take it up with the mods.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You're the coldhearted one my friend. SaturnFx's reasoning is bulletproof. In informing yourself on how pedophiles function and what they do, parents in America could protect their children much better and prevent a whole lot of incidents. By locking this one guy up and taking his book off the market, this information is now lost.

You could of course outlaw religion and most of these sexcrimes would vanish in a couple of generations, but that's too rational of a solution.
edit on 20-12-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

It's not REALISTIC.
What you believe of how things could and should be doesn't matter.
It's just a belief.

I swear this site is filled with a bunch of fools who haven't an iota of common sense.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I don't see how you could argue with that. Using the pedophile's stupid ass book against all of them, instead of just locking this one guy up...what the hell is there to argue?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Settle down there, fella.

Now, let's see. On the internet you can find incredible amounts of "illicit" material, and you cannot control it. Why? Because people differ in opinion, beliefs, experience, desires, and so on. The entire world will never think the way you do, some people may, that will ofcourse happen, but not the entire world, not even if you forced them. Where am I going with this?

- I am disagreeing with your "realistic" tactic of banning the book, as it is unrealistic. You believe that everyone will rally under a common moral ground, which is not going to happen as morality differs even slightly among people of similar beliefs. I mean, look at christianity, how many denominations are there?

Leaving the book in the open for anyone to read is mostly a "neutral" act not condoning or denying pedophilia. Leaving it as a neutral act allows for other person to instigate more "realistic" and "effective" counters to pedophilia.

Picture this: A book on pedophilia is available at a public library.
Police monitor anyone who borrows this book.
Police catch possible pedophiles under surveillance.

Just an idea, police surveillance already occurs if you meet certain criteria. If pedophilia is against the law, than logically police would monitor for a set period of time anyone that borrows a book "promoting" pedophilia. It is bait.

I am beginning to see a comparison in logic between you wanting this book banned, to people who wanted Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' banned.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by Sly1one

Self righteous is just another way of saying morally judgmental. I'm certainly morally judgmental and damned proud of it. You have a problem with my passion? Take it up with the mods.

no problem with your passion just trying to enlighten you on how morally judgmental dialogue doesn't communicate too well when trying to get your point across...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join