It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Positive - Animals Unite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just recently found these, and I thought it would be a great bit to share with you. Because though it is important to be informed of the goings on in our world, it is important to keep a positive (or balanced) head while doing so. It is extremely important. Consider this for our health, and to remind us to continue make positive affirmations. If anyone has videos or pictures you'd like to share, please do.

If you are feeling grave or grievous, depressed or oppressed, remember these awesome animals learning to get along with eachother:

I think there's a conspiracy with these animals "getting along" and such. I don't trust it I tell you.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
*wipes away tears*

Thanks for the great post... adorable...all of them... especially Jerry the mouse and the duck!

Let this be a lesson to us all... Most of us can't even get past skin color let alone species.
edit on 20-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If people assist these animals with fuel of hunger, the animal will attempt to support the other for companionship. In the wild this is not possible and the animal will attack the other to survive. If we help, we make a difference to everything!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
We should all be living like kings. That is why it is called the Animal Kingdom. We are apart of it, and we've been ignoring our global responsibility too much. Pay it forward, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just goes to show that nature does indeed know best.

But we, the intruders, the "aliens" make rules and set certain limits that we need to adhere too. In the process destroying nature, and in a way ourselves.

This is a positive sign of what can happen when we are in harmony, but alas, it will never happen.

Nice thread though, keep positive.

VvV

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Not true, it will never happen if we remain jaded. We have the capacity to do our part, can't blame ourselves if we have not been "programmed" to do so for so long. Arrogance is mankind's main vice, we hold it over all other animals. When we actually do help, it's never "in vain"... unless it is vain.
edit on 20-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Aww these are just gorgeous. We should all be so lucky to have friendships with animals such as these. But I'm not so certain that is a mouse. Unless it's a rat sized mouse. Maybe they grow them big over there?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dipswitch

Either way, that cat has got a very zen attitude. My cat? By the time I got back with a camera, there would be only a tail in her mouth. She loves mice... in her own way.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Predators do not always eat the prey species in the wild. There is the video of the lioness adopting a baby antelope after her cubs are killed. There are a few more rare examples of this happening in the wild. It is, I think, always a female adopting a baby of another species. It could hint to the deep mothering nature of all female species, wild or not.

The lieoness eventually loses the baby, but she adopted another, wildebeest maybe, shortly after, although it also dies. These examples are few and far between but can be a signal for deeper emotions present in animals to some extent. Maybe it's evolution of wilder animals, or maybe it's just mothering instinct, but it's incredible regardless.
edit on 20-12-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
thank you for the smiles and reminder ... not everyone enjoys symbiotic relationships with animals or gets to witness such.

i was first introduced to such a thing when our dog birthed 11 pups and a week later the cat delivered 4 kittens. Before the 2nd week, mama cat (Misty) disappeared ... within 12hrs of her absence, the mama Shepherd dog (Heidi) introduced herself to the kittens (eyes not yet opened), then began nurturing and nuzzling them. Before long, they were suckling and feeding on Heidi (breasts).

I was in shock for more than moments. Back then (70s-80s) such response was unheard of (at least in our backwoods) and certainly not expected. Misty never returned and Heidi raised those kittens right alongside her pups, almost as though she was 'directed' to, although no human ever made such an inference or suggestion. we just observed in total amazement. Thanx

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This thread is why I have more time for animals and nature as compared to the pathetic squabbling and greed fuelled party which is the human race..... !

PDUK

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

Thanks for that, pretty interesting. Psychology of animals is very similar to humans.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I am glad people appreciate this thread. There's lots to be learned from these intuitive creatures.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ok I was being a dick. My apologies. Removed.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

welcome to the WILD kingdom ... a bit squeeeeemish are ya?
not sure why you posted such a non-applicable video but ya know, sometimes animals do the darndest things ... now, why are we restricted from making and acting on such decisions? didn't those cubs have a 'right' to life? so, should we prosecute the killer papa or maybe just pay damages to the local zoo for their potential losses?
really now, what does your video have to do with symbiotic relationships at all?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

edit on 20-12-2010 by Honor93 because: duplicate

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Not squeamish actually, I wasn't complaining or being sarcastic in my post. I was being serious.

The symbiotic relationship between life and death. Quite antagonistic isn't it?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
...Yes, it is sad that the lions intuitively feel the need to kill off their weak offspring, out of desperation for the troop's survival...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I feel a bit bad about introducing something negative into a thread like this but that second video made me quite worried and cringe a bit.

I've worked with Sea Turtle charities a lot and what I see happening in that video is slightly distressing, whenever I have worked with them it has been an overriding concern to interfere with the Turtles natural birth / nest leaving cycle as little as possible, due to the fact that there is so much that we still don't know about these animals and how our actions could effect them.

Sea Turtles will for example return to the same beach that they hatched on to lay their own eggs, crossing hundreds of miles of ocean and some of these beaches have been nesting sites for hundreds if not thousands of years, taking away their ability to identify "their" beach and hatching them in an artificial environment seems like a pretty bad idea to me.

Sorry about the negativity...

To make up for it here are some turtles that are being born in a more natural way

Also if anyone wants to give some time to one of these charities they always want volunteers, here is the one that I used to work with
edit on 20-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Thank you! That´s wonderful :-).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join