It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Positive - Animals Unite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by Honor93

Not squeamish actually, I wasn't complaining or being sarcastic in my post. I was being serious.

The symbiotic relationship between life and death. Quite antagonistic isn't it?
edit on 20-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

antagonistic?? no, where did you get that? i was just foolish enough to watch it (like i don't see or read about enough of that on a daily basis - wild animals killing each other) ... point is, i was trying to understand your version of 'symbiosis' and it would seem you need a definition if you think life and death are symbiotic.

courtesy MW --> symbiotic = "the living together in more or less intimate association or close union of two dissimilar organisms (as in parasitism or commensalism); especially : mutualism --- a cooperative relationship (as between two persons or groups)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Eh.. Well in all apparentness it seems for their to be life there has to be death, for there to be death there has to be life. It is also "antagonistic" in that for the living, death is a seemingly negative state, while for the dead, life is a positive state, and the same for both. In a "metaphorical" sense, life and death are two dissimilar organisms. Instinctively "living" creatures seem to have a predisposition to ensure survival until reproduction, which creates another life. It is ironic yet a logical cycle. One must live to create life and then must die. Naturally ofcourse.

I was just stating a primitive observation. Everything seems to require an opposite to exist from the charges of particles, through greater concepts such as newtons third law and the individual concepts of Good and Evil. Thanks for the definition, but I make sure I know the words I am using when writing something so I don't make a fool of myself.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Animal Odd Couple

I love this story so much!

Sorry can't say more - there's - something in my eye...

peace
edit on 20-12-2010 by silo13 because: *Passing out Hankies*

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I guess it's time for this again

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

well eh, i don't do apparentness ... observations, facts, examples, experience ... preferably.
in your state of apparentness, i deem it appropriate to inform you that apparently, you are confused.

there is No symbiotic correlation between life and death ... they do not contribute to one another, they do not cooperate with one another, heck they aren't even two separate organisms. No wonder our children are sooooo very confused. Thanks for answering but i respectfully disagree with your assumption. The natural occurrence and balance of the life cycle has nothing to do with symbiotic actions or activities.

Ok, since you weren't clear on the intent of the OP, perhaps you could find and post a video that better reflects the symbiotic beauty so thoughtfully shared? Believe it or not, there are many. Thanks to the OP again for reminding all of us, Nature knows best.

Can't we, as humans, just let the Mother do her job without making it so darn difficult? Philosophers have pondered that we are the more advanced species because of our reasoning abilities ... i question that evaluation based on the simple fact that just because we were born with it doesn't mean we ever really learn to use it. peace

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You stated clearly what I posted. I don't think we are on the same page at all. I'll summarise what I wrote in a more blunt manner: Every living entity dies. Life is the opposite of death, it is normal, just as two magnets repel each other at he same poles.

There's more I want to say, but this going off-topic and will be deleted anyway, plus im tired.

I wasn't classifying life and death as two distinct organisms as fact. I was using a metaphor. I stated clearly that I was using a metaphor in my post. Apparentness is derived from observation: "From what I see, it is apparent that so and so"

Apparentness:
1. Readily seen; visible.
2. Readily understood; clear or obvious.
3. Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: "an apparent advantage".

Time to sleep (2:24 AM here) Thanks for replying.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am glad that you all understand the purpose of this thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by Honor93

You stated clearly what I posted. I don't think we are on the same page at all. I'll summarise what I wrote in a more blunt manner: Every living entity dies. Life is the opposite of death, it is normal, just as two magnets repel each other at he same poles.

There's more I want to say, but this going off-topic and will be deleted anyway, plus im tired.

I wasn't classifying life and death as two distinct organisms as fact. I was using a metaphor. I stated clearly that I was using a metaphor in my post. Apparentness is derived from observation: "From what I see, it is apparent that so and so"

Apparentness:
1. Readily seen; visible.
2. Readily understood; clear or obvious.
3. Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: "an apparent advantage".

Time to sleep (2:24 AM here) Thanks for replying.

thanks for the reply but you still fail to admit that life and death are not 2 organisms ... they do not work 'in tandem' ... and they do not cooperate one with another during life activities ...hence, not symbiotic.

ok, in the same sentence you exemplify "opposites" (life/death) as symbiotic, then change to magnets which are not even similar --- with magnets, there is no organism and opposites attract. Could you possibly present an example that is relative ?

i understand your slang apparentness ... i just come from a time when we observed and things that were apparent were not metaphor related. (that is a conundrum) and what seems to escape you is that your metaphor example reflects no likeness, similarity or relation to symbiotic relations. peace and g'night

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I am glad that you all understand the purpose of this thread.

Thinking cap - you are correct and i would like to contribute but need assistance ... could you or anyone please post a few of these pics from here: www.mirror.co.uk... -- stills but adorable all the same -- 'unlikely animal friends'.

I have not learned how to post pics and videos yet, so any help would be appreciated. here's a video if you would ... www.youtube.com... (it's a long one though) or maybe this one instead ... www.youtube.com... ... well ok, one more and you pick (if i could post them myself, i'd be going crazy here
) ... www.youtube.com...

Really, i do understand the point of this thread and i'd like to share, please help. thanks in advance

here's a fav of mine i'd love to post ... maybe you can ... www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If it is a Youtube video, you simply copy and paste everything in between the = signs, example:

www.youtube.com...

Copy and paste: wdUwgkGi8wI

Please share.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh my gods..... that is the best of them all! We aren't the only lifeforms here that think or understand friendship, but it seems we ARE the ones who seem to not appreciate such things... thank you for sharing

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So many amazing videos shared on this thread. Thank you so much!!!!! That one with the lion being re-introduced to his former owners made me cry. So touching!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
thats cute, goes to show that other animals can get along....even if we cant :/

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
If it is a Youtube video, you simply copy and paste everything in between the = signs, example:

www.youtube.com...

Copy and paste: wdUwgkGi8wI

Please share.

ok, thank you bunches for the instruct. let's give this a quick try but it has 2 sets of = ... let's see if i got it right. it's the last on the list (fav)

RYLsyNBnE5M&feature=related

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
nice ive been wanting to see more of these vids....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join