It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Origin of Atheism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun
but i wont judge you since your picture is Dream Theaters album art

thank you... I guess you like Dream Theater too ? have you actually listened to their lyrics or read them and thought about them ? right now I always choose avatars of albums I like because I agree with the ideology... it is sort of like a reflection of me, since I am not a graphic designer or anything. Hopefully one day I can convince Dave Spanners to hook me up with something original and individual

Atheism has been around longer than religion

what then in this fantasy reality would we call atheism without the "theism" attached ? actually I believe the word "theism" has been around even before atheism became a belief system.

it's only rational logic...

The term atheism originated from the Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god", which was applied with a negative connotation to those thought to reject the gods worshipped by the larger society. With the spread of freethought, skeptical inquiry, and subsequent increase in criticism of religion, application of the term narrowed in scope. The first individuals to identify themselves as "atheist" appeared in the 18th century.
en.wikipedia.org...

yes there was no deities or God in ancient Greece or ancient Sumeria for that matter... you may want to attempt an edit on the Wiki page and have the part where people start identifying themselves with the word back to before the 18th century, that's the 1700's case you didn't know

edit on 2/4/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Atheism originated because of the existence of God. I find atheism being the proof of God. It is a contradictional beliefsystem where the believer doesn't want to believe in God anymore and starts to live in a box. Backing up their belief with science they somehow find truth on their way. It is creating an antichristian mindset which makes themselves abnormal to the normal standards of a being human.

Somehow atheists are the closest to God.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The word God is used because there are no other words for what he is. He is a lot of things at a time therefore it makes it hard to declare what he is. Who is he, .. God he is.

My proof of the existence of God is this:

G O D, GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD, GOD GOD GOD GOD, and if you really dont then GOD.

GOD?
edit on 2011/2/4 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

i assume you're trying to be smart and confuse me. Pi is 3.14159265, not 3 and if it was three it would not be pi, so by saying "if pi was 3" you make yourself seem stupid. Also, a geometric figure, or shape, is a two or three dimensional series of lines that connect and make a closed figure. 3 is a number and can't be a geometric figure. what you're saying is gibberish.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

My proof of the existence of God is this:

G O D, GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD, GOD GOD GOD GOD, and if you really dont then GOD.

GOD?

My proof of the existence of unicorns is this:

UNICORN UUUUUUUUUUNICORN U U U UNICORN UNICORN UNICORN UNICORN, and if you really don't then UNICORN.

UNICORN?

See how stupid your argument is?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join