It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Origin of Atheism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Do you know that if you make an endeavor to find out when and by whom atheism was authored you will not be able to find such information from any source ? Not even the most "educated" atheists, particularly those associated with the most elite universities throughout the world can truthfully inform you when and by whom atheism originated. They can enlighten you as to who were its main perpetrators in different cultures, but they cannot identify its founder and when it actually originated.

The absence of a known author and time of origin of such a highly embraced philosophy is a strange phenomenon... But this phenomenon is highly indicative. It suggests that atheism is not of earthly origin that it had its birth in another sphere before this state of time. Atheism is not a man made doctrine but a doctrine of the demons. Its originator is none other than the old serpent himself, namely, Satan. It had its origin from the very one it deceptively denies exists. It is a doctrine which denies the authorship and existence of its own author ! This accounts for the absence of information in any literature embraced by atheists that identify both a human author and earthly time of origin for atheism.

The process by which atheism originated is very involved, so a simple starter presentation of the basic principles that gave it birth must suffice...

A conclusion that the Almighty Righteous God is unjust or wrong for any of His actions cannot be arrived at except through the total depravity of those who draw such a conclusion. So in order to understand how atheism had it origin, It is crucial to realize that the total depravity of the nature of Satan is the key principle that underlies the origin of atheism.

Depravity must direct the hearts of its graceless subjects against God even though they know better.

So it would seem Atheism does have its roots in Satanism...

edit on 12/19/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The disbelief of a higher power or in organized religion has been around for a really really long time. You wouldn't hear about these people in our recent history on earth, because Christians and other religious fanatics killed them all off. They were afraid to speak, and write about it. They would have been named heretics and would've been burned alive/tortured/excommunicated.

Whose beginnings were those of Satan's, again?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

So it would seem Atheism does have its roots in Satanism...

Hmmmmm "So it would seem" eh? Sounds like a feeble attempt to denounce Atheism. There is no No God or Satan as portrayed in major fake religions! So your point seems well, lame!

The reason you can't prove origin is that there is no one place. People all around the world just woke up & saw organised religion for what it is, A sham to intimidate, control & oppress people through un proven threats of "Heaven & Hell" rewards/punishment. This was enforced with the concept of "Faith"!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
you have got to be kidding me. atheism isn't really a belief system with doctrines and rules. it's just not believing in a god or gods. You don't need anyone to have created atheism anymore than than you need anyone to have created the universe.

-1 flag

and I came to my beliefs all on my own. my entire family are catholic. So I guess in my case, I am the origin of atheism
edit on 19-12-2010 by Electric Crown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Do you know that if you make an endeavor to find out when and by whom atheism was authored you will not be able to find such information from any source?

How do you author an idea that is the "lack of a belief in a god"? Why is that even relevant? How does one "author" an idea that isn't even a claim, but a response to claim..? Probably the silliest statement I've ever heard...

The absence of a known author and time of origin of such a highly embraced philosophy is a strange phenomenon

Atheism isn't a philosophy, it's a response to a theist's claim.

It suggests that atheism is not of earthly origin - that it had its birth in another sphere before this state of time.

Why would an answer to a question lead you to the conclusion that it's not of earthly origin? Do you have any evidence of it's birth in "another sphere" before time...?

Really, the problem you're having here is that atheism isn't a philosophy, that's why you 'can't find it'. Seriously, it's like saying 'because I cannot find a word for people who reject the existence of flying unicorns, it means the word was removed from our mind by some super-demon that I made up'.

Atheism is not a man made doctrine but a doctrine of the demons.

Atheism isn't a doctrine, try harder.

Its originator is none other than the old serpent himself,

The talking snake made it up? God damn, checkmate I guess...?

It had its origin from the very one it deceptively denies exists.

The flying unicorns evil twin is the author of the idea that flying unicorns don't exist either, am I right?

It is a doctrine which denies the authorship and existence of its own author!

Evil flying unicorns plan all along, damn unicorns.

This accounts for the absence of information in any literature embraced by atheists that identify both a human author and earthly time of origin for atheism.

Can you account for the lack of a word for people that reject the belief of a flying unicorn? Obviously this is because said evil twin made it so by controlling your mind.

Seriously, there's no "author" of atheism any more than there is an "author" of the "ideas" of non-astrologists. Why? Because the title of "non-astrologist" isn't a belief or doctrine of any kind. You're not understanding this.

The process by which atheism originated was much more involved than can be explained here, so a simple presentation of the basic principles that gave it birth must suffice.

Go see a psychiatrist and or psychologist.

A conclusion that the Almighty Righteous God is unjust or wrong for any of His actions cannot be arrived at except through the total depravity of those who draw such a conclusion.

It is crucial to realize that the total depravity of the nature of Satan is the key principle that underlies the origin of atheism.

Depravity must direct the hearts of its graceless subjects against God even though they know better.

Yeah, let's get rid of critical thinking, science, reason etc so we can fight atheism in order to destroy satan...

So it would seem Atheism has it roots in Satanism...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wasn't atheism around long before any religions? Also, Atheism isn't a religion, it is a lack of religion. The name means "without god." The people that say atheism is a religion are the same who say there's a man watching them in the sky.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

EXCUSE ME but I understand that the cult to athena was the primarily cultcreation in favor of a GOD THAT WAS A WOMAN IN THE BEGINING and become a man later,theres no satan ever mention in this cult.Athena was from greece not from hell.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Surely the Origin of Atheism would have been when there was NO god. I.E Before some prat made up the idea of God.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

lol my point exactly. Atheism has been around since before the first god was created in the mind of man.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

*Screams* Does nobody think anymore before they start a a Thread!!!

Honestly it makes me want to carve my eyes out with rusty teaspoons sometimes

edit on 19/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
As a Christian, I can confidently say that your entire premise is false. Atheism never had a beginning because it is the default religious status for the entire human race. Cavemen were atheists because they hadn't conceptualized God yet. Every person since the dawn of time who didn't believe in whatever God was popular at the time, was pretty much an Atheist.

Basically, you will never find the beginning of Atheism for the same reason that you will never find the beginning of religion. It is such a widespread and basic thought that people have been thinking it since before recorded history.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
It suggests that atheism is not of earthly origin that it had its birth in another sphere before this state of time. Atheism is not a man made doctrine but a doctrine of the demons. Its originator is none other than the old serpent himself, namely, Satan. It had its origin from the very one it deceptively denies exists.

Or it could just be universal knowledge, a universal truth.

Why would you need some man to tell you something is true?

Foos-ball is the devil!

edit on 19-12-2010 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
And for that matter... I can't seem to find out who exactly it was that came up with the idea of wearing pants.

It must be Satan then

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think Satan is very much behind Atheism. It used to be that people had to come up with excuses on their own to 'validate' it in their own minds...now they can use 'faulty' science to validate it.(YES i said faulty, science is always correcting itself).

This is a very simple idea- atheists know they are sinning and living and ungodly life style, but they try to excuse their behavior by saying God doesn't exist by science, when that is not true at all. I've seen plenty of science that does the opposite of that. The truth is, they don't WANT God to exist this way they can keep living their life style of sin, and not feel convicted. The whole time Satan is whispering in their ears, 'Of course God doesn't exist."

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

That is a good question, because so many people have worshiped pagan false Gods even if they didn't believe in the one creator of the universe. I would say evolution is the crutch that allows an atheist to travel his path mentally and emotionally. No evolution=no atheism. So Darwin would be the closest, as he got the ball rolling with his new theory. And it has been expanded upon ever since by like minded people.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm really happy I didn't take my chance to be the first responder to this thread. So many great responses to such clear, ignorant bigotry.

Anyway, as others have said: Atheism is the default position. It doesn't have its roots in Satan, it predates evolution, etc. It's just not believing in any deity. There are even atheistic religions, that is religions without deities.

So yet another stupid flag. So in the words of Electric Crown:

-1 flag

edit on 19/12/10 by madnessinmysoul because: Used wrong quote tags.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

yes I do agree you would be glad you are not the first responder to this topic, though you were right here when I made it

I do not believe you can play with this fire simply because you can not disprove it or answer it with any rational logic... the Heathens do indeed seek to establish false gods and idols of the imagination eg: Darwin. It is just as foolish to deny the existence of the true God as it is to be deceived into worshipping false gods. The people who deny God's existence and those who worship false gods are principally one and the same, because the former having rejected the true God must inescapably turn to worship some form of God's creation.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Unless of course God hadent been invented, therefore making everything you said completely fictional

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I am quite sure God (if as you say was invented) then he was long before Darwin or any of the science you know of today.

Gods science is quite old and you guys are still working on defeating it...

that must be some tough childish stuff there in the Bible of Christianity

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Yes but what im saying is that if a man does not Know of god, Then surely he cant be condemmed for that, Before society as we know it there would have been a time where we as humans Knew of no god, therefore we were not subject to critisizm on the matter.
Then again the bible would have us belive That God was around since the garden of Eden in which case All men knew of God, But im quite sure know that Eden did not exist

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join