It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Origin of Atheism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Have religious people studied science at all? Have they ever read about evolution? It's considered established fact that we evolved over millions of years. We have proven the earth to be billions of years old, and the universe an estimated 12 billion! To think that somehow this universe and its creator revolve around us and our dinky little planet is just, well, typical of our primitive minds.

You god-worshippers just astound me with how you view people and your loved ones, and your ignorance of science's findings.

Here's a question– Is your theory the one about the two naked people in the perfect magic garden and the talking Satan-snake that tempted them to eat the sin-fruit, and that's why snakes have no legs now? What do your science books have to say about this?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr

Now, in their defense, there are a great number of religious people who accept scientific fact. My father only recently became an atheist and is a physicist. The evolutionary biologist who testified on behalf of science at the Kitzmiller trial is also a very religious person.

The problem isn't that religious people don't know science, the problem is the few religious people who don't know science...actually, the problem in general is the people who don't know science, religious or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think the main problem lies somewhere else: People HATE to admit they're wrong.

If you went to church for 40+ years, every single sunday...if you admit your religion can't be "right", you also have to admit that to some extent you wasted a ton of time. And that's a scary thought for a lot of people. So they twist and turn facts in ways that still allow them to keep their little fantasy world...but it's of course nothing but self deception. They shouldn't be afraid though, the world is interesting enough as it is, you don't need bat# crazy stories about talking snakes...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I concur. It was quite difficult for me to admit that I was wrong on the subject of religion...hell, I remember the sleepless nights feeling terrified over not believing in any deity...wasn't fun times.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think science is wrong in many ways. I don't believe the earth to be millions of years old.

.. ?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Neither do I. I know, through scientifically verifiable methods, that the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old. We have clear evidence of this and it doesn't matter what you believe.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There should be much more skeletons found if the earth were that old, wouldn't you think?

How long does it take for a gemstone to form? The bible says Satan had a lot to his posession. But this was all in the beginning the earth was created.

So I bet you don't believe in Jesus neither, this man came 2000 years ago. Would God send his begotten son after billions of years for humanity to be converted?

Just some questions.

I believe in the spiritual and manifestable might of Lord Yahweh God.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
There should be much more skeletons found if the earth were that old, wouldn't you think?

How long does it take for a gemstone to form? The bible says Satan had a lot to his posession. But this was all in the beginning the earth was created.

So I bet you don't believe in Jesus neither, this man came 2000 years ago. Would God send his begotten son after billions of years for humanity to be converted?

Just some questions.

Well, we know for a FACT the earth is around approximately 4.5bil years old...we're not guessing

As for the number of skeletons, it takes very specific circumstances for fossils to form. Not every skeleton turns into a fossil, hell, most don't...

As for Jesus: Well, it took billions of years for humans to evolve, so it's not as if we were on earth from the start. In fact, the time modern humans are on earth is a ridiculously small amount of time compared with the age of the earth. And don't forget we only have the bible to back up that Jesus story, we have no evidence that everything the bible says is true...and science has in fact debunked quite a lot in the bible, like a global flood.

Sorry if that goes against your BELIEF, but you can't argue with reality

edit on 26-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Where do apes come from? and further?

How does the name Jesus come up?

Were we always spiritual beings?
edit on 2011/1/26 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
never mind my second question.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Where do apes come from? and further?

How does the name Jesus come up?

Were we always spiritual beings?

1) If you're talking about today's modern apes, they come from an ancestor they have in common with us.

2) Jesus? No clue...where does the name Harry Potter come from?

3) Not all of us are spiritual

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Can you tell me about your Jesus story?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Can you tell me about your Jesus story?

What do you mean with "your Jesus story"? It's a story like tons of others, what's your point?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm in your head, eating your brain here.

Do you believe in other animals?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'm in your head, eating your brain here.

Do you believe in other animals?

Now you're just trolling with ridiculous questions...you drunk?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Hey, I can say we are animals?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Hey, I can say we are animals?

Of course you can...humans are animals. But why are you asking?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

In your land of the law, who rules the animal nation then? Something just not fits.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Not really, they rarely fossilize and the ones that don't fossilize decay quite quickly. And there are about a billion years of that time with no life.

How long does it take for a gemstone to form?

Depends on the type of stone.

The bible says Satan had a lot to his posession. But this was all in the beginning the earth was created.

The Bible says a lot of things.

So I bet you don't believe in Jesus neither, this man came 2000 years ago.

I don't believe in him nor am I certain he was a historical figure.

Would God send his begotten son after billions of years for humanity to be converted?

...so you're arguing against the facts with religion? That's an odd way to take it. I tend to do it the other way around. If a religious doctrine doesn't make any sense in light of the hard evidence it is the doctrine that needs to be tossed out.

We can test the method by which we date the Earth. It is scientific fact.

Just some questions.

No such thing as a stupid question.

And I don't. We disagree on something.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

In your land of the law, who rules the animal nation then? Something just not fits.

What do you mean with "rule"? We have laws, they differ greatly between countries and individual groups. What do you mean with "it doesn't fit"??

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join