It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans----> You're FAT!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am beginning to see food as like any other addiction. Time, quantity, quality etc. have some to do with it, but it starts in the brain as to whether you lose or gain.

Ah been following Bigfatfurrytexans diet on his blog, very much want to join in and lose like he has. Not easy.

*Waddles away to kitchen*

edit on 31-10-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I went on low fat low calories, you would be surprised how easy it is.

Have you ever heard of diet plans designed specifically for the individual, everyone's make up is different,

For instance, they put native Americans back on their native diets and they lost weight naturally along with Hawaiians.

edit on 023131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 023131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It is VERY easy. Tonight i am making fried chicken strips. Been soaking the tenders in buttermilk flavored with cayenne, salt, and garlic. Will bread with milled Flax, and a touch of flour (to aid in binding) and dip in home made ranch dressing (i made hot wings and shanghai wings last night and still have some ranch and wasabi ranch left over).

For those bread addicts out there....here is a bread option that is less than 1g per serving:

habee.hubpages.com...

If you can make biscuits, you can make this. And it makes for a good sandwich bread (or French Toast, with a sugarfree syrup of course).

BTW, sorry i haven't updated anything on my blog lately. Been working crazy hours lately.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Congratulations! How did you do it and how long did it take? I have 50 extra to get off of my body.

Interesting thread, some good comments and some hurtful ones.

I only want to eat at night, cant get a grip on day feasting.

Just counting fat and calories, you would be surprised how much you can eat.

I am staying below 1000 calories a day and under 20 gm of fat, I would think I would be hungry or feel weak, but I don't I am actually eating less but getting more nutrients, a denser diet.

Less food, but packed with nutrients.

Lost it in four months.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am not eating much bread either.

Nothing fried though,

Lot of soup, soup is very filling.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This should be in the rant section.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This should be in the rant section.

Kinda late for that, don't ya think?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
When you think of the Chinese you think skinny little slant eyed people.

Why are they having an obesity/ diabetes epidemic?

Dioxins and Toxins.

Their Industrial boom polluted their water, air, and soil. Their bodies put the Dioxins in bodyfat to protect their internal organs from the poison...making them FAT.

That's why Americans got fat/diabetes....and exactly why ALL manufacturing went to China.....destroy their DNA and pollute them instead.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Some researchers refer to this as the body-fat set-point. The body wants to maintain homeostasis, even if that homeostasis is a state of over-fat.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

That's really not a safe diet to consume...at all. And any fat lost will return. Extremely low calorie, low-fat diets are also associated with depression and other mental health problems (not to mention the physiological problems associated with consuming low-fat).

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

That's funny...then why do epidemiologists and other researchers see obesity in non-industrialized people?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There are a few naughty words in the video. Be warned wimps.

Shut up Slayer. I look goooooooood!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Pulling this post up just before handing out Halloween goodies?
Is this a preemptive strike to save our waistlines??

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

That's really not a safe diet to consume...at all. And any fat lost will return. Extremely low calorie, low-fat diets are also associated with depression and other mental health problems (not to mention the physiological problems associated with consuming low-fat).

I agree it doesn't sound safe at all, but you would be surprised how much you can eat on a thousand calories, I was actually getting less nutrients before.
I have more energy, and my head is actually less foggy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Please be careful. I'm glad you're feeling better now.. understand, though, that people feel better when they fast. But fasting for long periods is defined as starving.

I mean, you do realize that you're eating less than your resting metabolic rate. Of course you're losing fat, but at that low of a caloric intake, you're also burning lean tissue (that's muscle and organs). If, somehow, you can sustain a less than 1000 calorie diet for a substantial amount of time (and studies show that 1600 is tough), you'll begin to develop deficiencies that become harder and harder to reverse the longer you sustain low-fat, low-calorie consumption.

That type of consumption decreases the synthesis of cholesterol, which leads to a decrease in sex hormone production...and SO many other things. It leads to a nonexistent sex-drive. Eventually, metabolism will lower and lethargy will set-in, if the depression hasn't already suppressed any will to be active.

Anyway, I could keep going...but it's not good. The worst part is, when you begin to eat more, and you WILL begin to eat more again, you'll the fat back quite rapidly.

edit on 31-10-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread! I'm 6'2"/215lbs, I run, eat right, drink water, try to be as healthy as i can. My siblings on the other hand....well thats a different story. I have two Sisters and two Brothers left and they are all over 350lbs-495lbs. I have heard excuse after excuse after excuse as to why they cant lose weight but when you observe them you began to understand. Quantity of food, Quality of food, coupled with an apethetic personality. At this point the only thing that'll fix whats wrong with them is death.
Dont get me wrong, i love them and would do anything to help them but they won't do anything to help themselves. I get your post 100%.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Um, no. It is because sugar has been introduced into the asian diet. Rice by itself is horribly starchy and full of simple sugars. But white sugar is being used more and more in asian cooking. Thailand and the south Pacific is in worse shape, because sugar is used in almost every dish.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Exactly, but it's also the industrial seed oils that are probably contributing to their chronic diseases as well, especially Linoleic Acid.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Been baking bread like crazy, my whole family hates store bought over my Amish bread. Lets talk some time as I have admired you from afar and need some help.

Love

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

check your PM's and respond at your leisure.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join