It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans----> You're FAT!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Just something to consider; the fat started at the same time that manufacturers started switching regular sugar, to High Fructose Corn Syrup from China. Much cheaper, but you don't have to lower the price of the product. And, funny thing, all the govt 'experts' say there is no difference in the way your body handles it. But, excuse me for suggesting they are liars, your body cannot CANNOT process the HFCS like sugar. Partly because it is fructose, and is handled differently than sucrose. It is POISON. Not just in fast foods, but in your grocery store, too. READ THE LABELS. Poisoning us not out of any conspiracy to reduce the population, I don't think, but out of plain old greed.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Another brilliant thought; the doctors/drug dispensers/sorcerers, have a financial interest in making sure you continue to need their 'services'. So be very observant of who is saying the corn syrup is harmless.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Actually then more die early and cost less to the medicare system.

Actually the medical costs trying to keep them alive goes through the roof while they are alive.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

This coming from someone so unethical you charge people for a service you come on here to tell us doesn't work very well.

You cant fight obesity with dishonesty. That is exactly what the OP is talking about.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You are dead right. The people I get coming through my mortuary from Obesity have been kept alive years longer than they would have lived without all the drugs.

The drugs do not reverse the problem, only allow them to live longer, so they can eat more, and get fatter.

200Kg used to be big, now 300kg is.

I dare anyone to go into an Obesity ward at your local hospital and see how they carry on. Getting relatives to smuggle in food etc....

On top of that, In Auckland almost all the nurses are also obese. The blind leading the blind.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Stellar! I couldn't stop giggling like an idiot!

2nd --------------

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
Another brilliant thought; the doctors/drug dispensers/sorcerers, have a financial interest in making sure you continue to need their 'services'. So be very observant of who is saying the corn syrup is harmless.

sometime in the 1960's while getting a checkup and bragging she was very healthy, mom overheard the nurse quietly say, " not too healthy"

she never forgot that.

if you never read nutrition and degeneration by PRICE, you missed a goldmine....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Actually then more die early and cost less to the medicare system.

Actually the medical costs trying to keep them alive goes through the roof while they are alive.

and stresses out the system

which is the plan!

to break the system, so someone can fix it .....!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

You are dead right. The people I get coming through my mortuary from Obesity have been kept alive years longer than they would have lived without all the drugs.

The drugs do not reverse the problem, only allow them to live longer, so they can eat more, and get fatter.

200Kg used to be big, now 300kg is.

I dare anyone to go into an Obesity ward at your local hospital and see how they carry on. Getting relatives to smuggle in food etc....

On top of that, In Auckland almost all the nurses are also obese. The blind leading the blind.

""only allow them to live longer, so they can eat more, and get fatter"" you forgot adds to the cost of healthcare

the insidious evil is spelled out in nutrition and degeneration, price.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

We are fat in many ways in this country and it has become the reason apathy and hopelessness have taken over. Good thread buddy.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

To be honest I think Americans have some very twisted belief systems about healthy lifestyles and eating

Ive seem the atitudes some of these obese families have about eating vegetables, fruits and raw natural food, like its disgusting and something alien from outer space

At the same time huffing down fried crap saturated in Genetically modified oils, mmmm monstanto flaboursome!

Plus add to the mix emotional problems from all the social engineering its a bad mix

Make exercise fun, heal emotional issues and fix those beliefs, and being healthy becomes too easy!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
LOL Soo funny, i think i lost a kilo just laughing

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
People are just not educated about these things, too much ad's for Macdonalds, hungry jacks, KFC, no one ever does an informatial about how it's affecting peoples health.

( actually there was a couple of informatials, but alot of them we're taken off air because apprently they were offensive or disturbing in some way) Haha disturbing! It should be!

People! learn to read the little columns on the back of the crap you're going to shove down your hole

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
*thumbs up*

It's not difficult to eat salad and to avoid fast food.

I'm going through your recent threads, Slayer. Sorry that I haven't been around. I'm glad you posted this, and it's quite timely around the Holiday Season.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OMG check this out,

You are what your father ate
UMMS research suggests paternal diet affects lipid metabolizing genes in offspring

To test their hypothesis that environmental influences experienced by the father can be passed down to the next generation in the form of changed epigenetic information, Rando and colleagues fed different diets to two groups of male mice. The first group received a standard diet, while the second received a low-protein diet. To control for maternal influences, all females were fed the same, standard diet. Rando and colleagues observed that offspring of the mice fed the low-protein diet exhibited a marked increase in the genes responsible for lipid and cholesterol synthesis in comparison to offspring of the control group fed the standard diet.

These observations are consistent with epidemiological data from two well-known human studies suggesting that parental diet has an effect on the health of offspring. One of these studies, called the Överkalix Cohort Study, conducted among residents of an isolated community in the far northeast of Sweden, found that poor diet during the paternal grandfather's adolescence increased the risk of diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease in second-generation offspring. However, because these studies are retrospective and involve dynamic populations, they are unable to completely account for all social and economic variables. "Our study begins to rule out the possibility that social and economic factors, or differences in the DNA sequence, may be contributing to what we're seeing," said Rando. "It strongly implicates epigenetic inheritance as a contributing factor to changes in gene function."

The results also have implications for our understanding of evolutionary processes, says Hans A. Hofmann, PhD, associate professor of integrative biology at the University of Texas at Austin and a co-author of the study. "It has increasingly become clear in recent years that mothers can endow their offspring with information about the environment, for instance via early experience and maternal factors, and thus make them possibly better adapted to environmental change. Our results show that offspring can inherit such acquired characters even from a parent they have never directly interacted with, which provides a novel mechanism through which natural selection could act in the course of evolution." Such a process was first proposed by the early evolutionist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, but then dismissed by 20th century biologists when genetic evidence seemed to provide a sufficient explanation.

Taken together, these studies suggest that a better understanding of the environment experienced by our parents, such as diet, may be a useful clinical tool for assessing disease risk for illnesses, such as diabetes or heart disease. "We often look at a patient's behavior and their genes to assess risk," said Rando. "If the patient smokes, they are going to be at an increased risk for cancer. If the family has a long history of heart disease, they might carry a gene that makes them more susceptible to heart disease. But we're more than just our genes and our behavior. Knowing what environmental factors your parents experienced is also important."

The next step for Rando and colleagues is to explore how and why this genetic reprogramming is being transmitted from generation to generation. "We don't know why these genes are being reprogrammed or how, precisely, that information is being passed down to the next generation," said Rando. "It's consistent with the idea that when parents go hungry, it's best for offspring to hoard calories, however, it's not clear if these changes are advantageous in the context of a low-protein diet."

www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

i can eat 50 million cows and never gain a pound so no this american is NOT FAT

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
fatty.......... want another cream cake lmao .......

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

OMG! I just posted on another thread about "pet peeves"....one of the peeves I listed was
"Fat girls who stuff themselves into a pair of jeans 2 sizes too small, then walk around declaring "Girrrrrrl I look GOOOOOOD!"

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

FYI.

Obesity started spreading around the world about 1980, along with all the other so-called "diseases of civilization" like diabetes, cancer and arthritis. And it spread FAST.

By 2000, there were 1.1 billion fat people in the world - equal to the number of hungry and undernourished, also at 1.1 billion in that year.

By 2005, there were 2 billion overweight and obese adults in the world, plus 200 million children qualified as overweight and obese.

Obesity's rapid global spread proves that it's infectious.

It's basic epidemiology: NOTHING spreads that fast and that far if it's not infectious. Forget blaming lifestyle - studies show lifestyle alone can NOT account for the pandemic.

Other research shows that there's a parallel obesity pandemic in animals raised as food stock. Animal research shows obesity in animals is caused by infections.

All together, the research links infectious obesity's world-wide spread to animal diseases contaminating our food supply and vaccines. Worse, other environmental contaminations push these underlying infections to manifest as chronic disease like obesity.

But hey. Keep blaming the victims. It makes you feel superior and takes the heat off the global corporations.

References available on request.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
hey slayer how are you?

yeah ill admit it im fat , but i also have some damn good excuses ..

Iv recently lost my mother and my kids are in foster care . my oldest daughter wont even take the time to get to know me and my sister could drop dead any day. my younger brother is a controlling ahole and over all my life was really really crappy , everytime i make the attempt to get back in to shape my lower back aches all to hell and my legs and thighs start to cramp up .

here is a pic of me taken almost 3 months ago at my mothers furneral ...

what i look like now and iv been told that iv lost at least 15 pounds mainly because i eat a semi normal meal once every three days and just drink tea and stuff inbetween...
i hate stress . i really dont know how i look now .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a bit of what hell that iv been living in for the past 2 years ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31/12/10 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join