It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion is ready and still Alive and Kicking! U.S. Navy Researchers says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Cold Fusion, although virtually ignored by mainstream academic research, has continued underground through the efforts of brave and dedicated scientists. I am now pleased to bring you the technological and theoretical breakthrough we've all been waiting for... Clean, virtually inexhaustible energy in the form of sea water! Let the Cold Fusion Revolution begin!
You're pleased to bring it to me? So where is it?

I think you're jumping the gun a bit here.

Toyota spent $20 million on cold fusion research, I wouldn't call that underground, that's a major corporation. They didn't have much luck, so they finally just gave up and stopped funding the research.

I wouldn't call the U.S. Navy’s Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center "underground" either, are you saying they are "underground"??

They've produced the most interesting results to date which you cited, however further research is needed to confirm if what they are seeing is really cold fusion, or something else. Here's an article looking at the pros and cons of their research:

Neutron tracks revive hopes for cold fusion

Steven Krivit, editor of the New Energy Times, has been following the cold fusion debate for many years and also spoke at the ACS conference. "Their hypothesis as to a fusion mechanism I think is on thin ice … you get into physics fantasies rather quickly and this is an unfortunate distraction from their excellent empirical work," he told New Scientist.

Krivit thinks cold fusion remains science fiction. Like many in the field, he prefers to categorise the work as evidence of "low energy nuclear reactions", and says it can be explained without relying on nuclear fusion.
I would have thought after 21 years and millions of dollars spent on research, we'd have a better explanation for what's going on, but apparently the research and the debate continues.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, my friends. Cold fusion is still an egg and interesting, controversial results have emerged, but no "chickens" or feasible technology/conclusions. Maybe after another 21 years we'll have a better idea what all this research means. But today, after 21 years, we apparently still don't know for sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I haven't seen Cold Fusion in the media for almost a decade, hope to see progress.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The energy possibilities are not limited to this process by any means.
Wilbur Smith (Can. UFO guy)managed to combine his theory as to the ufo propulsion mechanism,with earth technology to produce a machine which produced power from the earths magnetic field.clean, aimple , cheap, stolen by the Canadian govt along with all his books when he died.
Nuclear power as we know it is a slow death by poison for the biosphere.
The immense amount of nuclear waste is growing exponentially.
The spread of radiation from our very own ammunition is poisoning the countries whose freedom we are fighting for.Oh yeah! freedom to die of kidney cancer, or be born disfigured beyond human recognition.
The eventual spread of this waste is assured over the billions of years it will be lethal.
We havent stored our nuke wastes in very smart places so far....
One dump is situated on top of an auquafir that supplies several states...
Yucca mountain is another with an aquifir beneath it.and a fault too....
If we persue nuclear energy, its got to be cleaner than what we are producing now.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ok I need some clarification

how can 2 tablespoons of water make enough power for a entire coal plant for year?

would cold fusion still not need uranium in order to make nuclear fission possible...then what is the whole thing about a tablespoon of water

The maker of this video seems a little mis informed, or is mis informing the viewer

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Check out this video series, it explains cold fusion in the best detail I've ever seen. It's up to part 22 right now (2 parts arent liste on this page yet)

peswiki.com/index.php/Review:_Anti-Gravity_/_Cold_Fusion_Explained_In_Detail:_A_New_Era_in_Physics

Here's the intro video.

WARNING: i'ts 5 hours long

edit on 18-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I cant understand why we are all so sure of ourselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

What are few 20 million dollars vs.TRILLION dollars spent in research on the classic atomic (fusion or scission) power plants production?

The last new Nuclear Power Plant, still under construction, in Finland costs at least 50 BILLION dollars (pardon, Euros. but the costs grow day by day). And there is no end date for its switch on....

As usual, you tricks with words.

Cold Fusion is a reality.

edit on 18-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

not fission, FUSION

www.diffen.com...

and

www.mentalfloss.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
What are few 20 million dollars vs.TRILLION dollars spent in research on the classic atomic (fusion or scission) power plants production?
I agree with you, hot fusion is getting more dollars because the scientific technical aspects of hot fusion are understood.

Cold fusion would still be getting funded by the likes of Toyota if they actually got any positive results, but they didn't, that's why funding was cut off.

There are some strange things about this research, like the source of the palladium can apparently affect the results. One researcher found some sources of Palladium produced an effect, whereas others did not. This raises the question, was it some kind of impurity or contaminant in the Palladium as opposed to the Palladium itself, involved in a reaction?

There are still more questions than answers.

Cold Fusion is a reality.
That remains to be seen, we don't have all the answers yet to what exactly is happening is some of these experiments.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

If you are right, (and I really don't think so...) then the, Skilled military researchers, Physics and all the Scientists worl-wide that confirm that Cold fusion is a reality are all fools!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

But that's just it, nobody has confirmed it.

They found neutron tracks, but nobody's confirmed the reaction/source of the neutrons yet.

There's speculation about the source, but it's just that, speculation.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by Arken

But that's just it, nobody has confirmed it.

They found neutron tracks, but nobody's confirmed the reaction/source of the neutrons yet.

There's speculation about the source, but it's just that, speculation.

Not speculation. At All!
You trick with words again.

In American Chemical Society meeting, scientist Pamela Mosier-Boss presented data supporting the reality of cold fusion, declaring the report, "the first scientific report of highly energetic neutrons from low-energy nuclear reactions.

It is enough.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I just want to say that our understanding of subatomic particles is still in its infancy.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Cold fusion video! Very informative and new.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A friend of mine who was a brilliant chemistry student said his own team had proven this was real also and that incredible amounts of energy were seen. Once again, great ideas that can get us off of oil are suppressed. Our press is all fake and controlled by the conspiracy that wants us enslaved.

We have cold fusion
We have Tesla Zero Point Energy

We even have the ability to run cars on water right now. Here's a guy that has run his 2004 Dodge truck over 3,000 miles on just water using Stanley Meyer technology. The ones that tell you it's impossible are either paid liars or just foolish.

www.project.nsearch.com...

Keep spreading the word. We don't need oil and haven't since the 50s when Tesla zero point was being used in our black projects! It's all a FRAUD to keep you in the box and a slave.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nothing against the op but when the video mentioned SPAWAR as the Navy's cold fusion research center, I stopped watching. SPAWAR is the Navy's information technology branch. Since most of the Dept of the Navy's IT is sub contracted out all they do is deal with smaller programs such as NALCOMIS and a few others. That video has lost all credibility when they mentioned SPAWAR as the US Navy Cold Fusion research center.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
well, that's nice news (if true)

but if you look at my signature
you will notice that all energy
problems of the world could
have been solved almost 80
years ago...

you ask yourself who stopped
and 'fraudelized' the cold fusion?

the same people (well, their offspring
to be correct) that stopped Tesla

cheers

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The cold fusion is possible due to the dark matter/dark energy interactions
with the ordinary matter. They have some results otherwise nobody would
speak about the cold fusion but they cannot explain them. How can one
tornado cause isotopic transitions and the results of the Chi(Qi) energy
experiments, how they can be explained.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am new tot he site but I have been researching a lot on a lot of what is not told to us for a while know, im only 26 so...

I did not read through the entire thread so if I missed something I am sorry but why cant we just bombard Obama and the main elected officials dealing with these issues with this information and if they dont response we can take some form of legal action for like negligence or something along those lines.... just a thought there is enough people on this site.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Cold Fusion was laughed at and long forgotten until in 2007 John Kanzius woke up from a dream of how to do it.

He took a Ham radio and two of his wife's frying pans and made salt water BURN!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGg0ATfoBgo

Using radio waves you can break the hydrogen bond and create a STAR:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWO93G-zLZ0

The laboratories in California working on this have exploded TWICE. I have a feeling someone doesn't want this technology getting out. I don't think this technology WILL get out in the United States.

China, Russia, India, Brazil....someone else WILL be first to get this technology out.

John Kanzius is the American that found out how to do this...from a DREAM.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join