It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realistically. Projected time for collapse of dollar?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I have been following many separate forums and it is painfully apparent that America is in steep decline. The only possible outcome in the event of a dollar collapse is martial law or complete anarchy. Most likely both of these scenarios simultaneously. My question to you guys is, how long do you REALLY think it will be until SHTF? I haven't had time to prepare (jobless) and as much as i'd like to maintain a good attitude about the situation the old boy scout saying rings true. "Be prepared." I need at least a year it seems to gather provisions and weapons for the inevitable. So what are we saying here guys? Two years? Three years? I would place my money on three-five, but that may be wishful thinking.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Seriously, What I would do is go outside, look up to the sky, breathe and smile.

You just cannot worry about things like this because when SHTF you don't really sound like someone who would be saved from the consequences, not that I feel it's going to happen, but if you started to believe everything you read on ATS and the news you would never open your front door.

What happens will happen, you cannot stop it nor prepare for it...as it's a situation which is completely alien.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

logically we are broke, skint, stuffed (insert your word of choice) and that seems to apply to everyone.. if we are skint, then we are not able to full-fill out obligations in supporting the poorer nations, so they to are stuffed.

Marry that with the aspect that no one can simply extract themselves from the mire of being stuffed (i.e China, Russia etc)

So I feel safe in saying we are ALL stuffed..

If we are stuffed and follow the normal historical approach to these things.. i.e being peeved with our own Govs, then the world will descend into the normal protest/riot/revolt.
(Protest spreads like a contagion - world wide web = global contagion)

on a positive note... that leads one to assume again from a historical context that deep reforms will occur following said protests.

However that would mean the rich/elite/establishment (insert your word of choice) will lose control/wealth (insert your choice of what the buggers have nicked)

And thus it is my opinion that for the rich/elite/establishment a war with whoever (insert choice of enemy since it does not matter who) to distract and maintain control (from US to China) becomes all the more probable than the crash of any of the worlds major economies.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I think 2012 is a very realistic date to predict the dollar will collapse. They cant hold it for longer... You cant just bail out billions wishing the dollar to gain power again. They just want to stretch it as faaaar as they can but im quit sure 2012 will be the date it will split.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

Based on what?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

Based on the fact that people believe some big change is going to happen in 2012 much like Y2K. Sounds like another prediction to hype up and after nothing happens - another year will be selected for doomsday. You should check out this article about the coming decline of the U.S. It explains a lot. Probably not what you are looking for but the decline of the dollar is one aspect in the decline of the U.S.

www.cbsnews.com...

P.S. no one knows when and if the dollar will collapse. The U.S. is working to save it (by starting up with North Korea) while the FED seem to want it to crash.
edit on 17-12-2010 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think the dollar will only collapse if OPEC stop using it...until then every country need to hoard it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The world is far too big and far too complex to give any kind of answer.

To be honest, its possible the dollar could significantly strengthen. In a scenario where the Euro collapses first, I believe it is likely that people would move into the dollar as a safe-haven for their money.

Keeping in mind that TPTB don't have to abide by any rules and the people here in the US aren't protesting on any meaningful level, this could go on for decades.

This is, of course, just one scenario.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

The government is broke, the deficit is insane, inflation and unemployment rates keep increasing and there is way too much money in circulation which has no real value to back it up. People are not investing with good reasons, everyone is cashing in their dollars for gold and most smart people knows that we're on a path of no return.

It's all downhill from here... so when will the dollar collapses? I'd say 2007-2008.

Yep, the US is just pretending it hasn't happened and is prolonging the inevitable truth but we're already seeing the affects. If for some reason people decided to invest and the market would see an increase in spending, employment and all that... it would only delay the the inevitable collapse for a decade or two. From my perspective, there's really no way out of this crisis for the US.

That's from my perspective and I'm usually quite optimistic.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've read a prophecy somewhere that new reserve (world) currency will emerge as substitute to the US garbage.

The merger between Bank of America and Meriyll Lynch was part of the elite plan. That next world reserve currency will come out of Germany.

Whether Deutsche Marks or whole new currency is unknown.

Since the last 5 days, gold price has been hammered down notoriously during London trading (large percentage). This is odd because gold price is not all about investors demand, but oil is also in play. Throughout history, gold to oil ratio is steady. The last ratio was 18:1 in 1979 when depression was on the horizon.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

I think 2012 is a very realistic date to predict the dollar will collapse. They cant hold it for longer... You cant just bail out billions wishing the dollar to gain power again. They just want to stretch it as faaaar as they can but im quit sure 2012 will be the date it will split.

I agree. I think the SWHTF after the 2021 election. They need time to get a couple more "laws" in place first. Such as removing the Tester Amendment from the Food Safety Farce Law This will allow the World Trade Organization full control of American food production.

The other biggie is putting in place a new "World Reserve Currency" Once that is in place and the dollar is no longer the reserve currency then the props will be kicked out from under the dollar.

Also Obama, Bidden and Pelosi are the three stooges. Can you really see them in charge of a dictatorship??? None of them has any real leadership qualities.

My guess is we will end up with Hillary Clinton as Pres because we will be given nothing else to choose from. Sarah Palin??? She is a light weight and does not even have the full support of the Tea Party (66% only) I see nothing else the Republicans have to offer at this time and all third parties do is take votes away from the Republicans.

From what I can see we are going to get the IMF - SAP shaft and if that does not work martial Law.

the IMF - SAP shaft

Structural Adjustment Policies are economic policies which countries must follow in order to qualify for new World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) loans and help them make debt repayments on the older debts owed to commercial banks, governments and the World Bank....

SAPs generally require countries to devalue their currencies against the dollar; [substitute "World Reserve Currency"] lift import and export restrictions; balance their budgets and not overspend; and remove price controls and state subsidies...

Balancing national budgets can be done by raising taxes, which the IMF frowns upon, or by cutting government spending, which it definitely recommends. As a result, SAPs often result in deep cuts in programmes like education, health and social care, and the removal of subsidies designed to control the price of basics such as food and milk. So SAPs hurt the poor most, because they depend heavily on these services and subsidies....

By devaluing the currency and simultaneously removing price controls, the immediate effect of a SAP is generally to hike prices up three or four times, increasing poverty to such an extent that riots are a frequent result...
www.whirledbank.org...

I can just hear the Liberals SCREAMING as all their nice little social programs are trashed. The same programs that bankrupted the US in the first place.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry

Yep, the US is just pretending it hasn't happened and is prolonging the inevitable truth but we're already seeing the affects. If for some reason people decided to invest and the market would see an increase in spending, employment and all that... it would only delay the the inevitable collapse for a decade or two. From my perspective, there's really no way out of this crisis for the US.

I agree,

An astounding mountain of debt formed of money invented from thin air is/has been artificially propping up the system giving time for the economic and political PTB time to extract the maximum benefit and attempt to control the inevitable breakup of this house of mirrors.

As I see things it appears the banks were,originally paid by investors money, insured, bailed out, stimulated, funded by foreclosures multiple times and when put backs come into play they will once again be bailed and stimulated!

Once folks catch on to how many times they have been robbed things will start to really unravel for these crooks.

We'd be better off (average citizen) had the bottom been found in 2007-2008 but that was not allowed to happen as TPTB were unprepared for the consequence's namely instead of "to big to fail, its really "a crime to big to be exposed" - Exposure is what would have happened but the continued money down the proverbial black hole would have stopped flowing, leaving something for the average citizen.

The effects of the QE's has not worked its way through yet but will result in hyper-inflation soon (noticed consumer prices creeping weekly yet) go by what practical goods you purchase as guide, the CPI is an outright lie!

The mortgage derivatives have a "put back" clause requiring banks to re-purchase if found to be defective regards the prospectus - lawsuits now in progress, this is a possible $9 - Trillion Dollar exposure. The banks never delivered the "wet signature" paperwork leaving ownership unclear and the derivative investors liable for IRS tax exposure, it also allowed banks to sell same instrument multiple times.

State Law is what covers real estate transactions so look for either another giant bailout, extra-constitutional usurping of states rights, ipso facto law-making going backwards to cover their backs.

As it is, most if not all foreclosure courts are ignoring state law regarding clear title ownership of mortgage debt, only a few bankruptcy courts are demanding the proper paperwork which the banks cannot produce lest they implicate themselves in the MBS scam.

So we have,

Quantitative Easing = invent money electronically with no basis = Hyper-inflation
MBS securities put backs = Another balloon = Market crash
Another Stimulus = More debt = Hyper-inflation
More extra- constitutional violation by federal government = uncertainty or civil unrest

Or none of the above works at all and the economy crashes very hard and deeply leading to violence, revolution, war, oppression - yes even FEMA camps. Really just an over-all unpredictable situation for all.

The longer this propping continues the worse the fall will be especially for the average citizen.

I am sure others have more to add to this list, to the naysayers I only ask that they demonstrate perpetual motion to the rest of us as that is what it will take to keep the current bubble airborne

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557
I have been following many separate forums and it is painfully apparent that America is in steep decline. The only possible outcome in the event of a dollar collapse is martial law or complete anarchy. Most likely both of these scenarios simultaneously. My question to you guys is, how long do you REALLY think it will be until SHTF? I haven't had time to prepare (jobless) and as much as i'd like to maintain a good attitude about the situation the old boy scout saying rings true. "Be prepared." I need at least a year it seems to gather provisions and weapons for the inevitable. So what are we saying here guys? Two years? Three years? I would place my money on three-five, but that may be wishful thinking.

Need a year to prepare? I believe you have 5 months at the most, they are pushing another bailout, QE2. print baby print, its 95% depriciated, they are working on the other 5% now. Laws are being constructed to limit your purchase power of food, firearms, supplies. Your money will = squat, find a friend that can help you, or become a zombie in the upcoming tide of hungry.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
the us dollar is due for a cyclical low in march 2011 then a counter trend rally which could coincide with a slide in the euro currency. this could last until the summer then the us dollar will probably roll over and in sep of next year and accelerate into oct-nov. watch the bond market to collapse and interest rates rise dramatically. the stock market will sell off with the higher interest rates and so will gold and other precious metals (esp those w an industrial use). the higher interest rates will support the dollar for a final rally (while gold falls)....and then, suddenly, arnd mch 2012 the dollar will continue down. taking bonds with it and gold will rally despite the higher interest rates....the culmination will be not in dec, 2012 but mch 2013.
my 2cts worse, fwiw.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
2 cents worth, fwiw
sorry about the typo

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
remember all values are assigned,
this is designed
there will be a transition offered, put into play
it will not be welcomed, but will be the only viable option
it's called directed steering.
if you think the push for one world currency isnt the root of all this, youre mistaken.
it's called a controlled collapse/transition.
the euro may stumble but it should stay in play,
what's missing are the follow up pieces, such as the amero for the nau,
then it will be the asian and middle eastern markets,
it's easier to blend 4 currencies than hundreds, correct?
edit on 17-12-2010 by HappilyEverAfter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

People are not investing with good reasons, everyone is cashing in their dollars for gold and most smart people knows that we're on a path of no return.

Totally baseless. Your view of the financial world is so far askew it’s dangerous. Very few are cashing in their dollars.

Just look at the tv ads “Bring us your gold for immediate cash!”

The only ones cashing in for gold are those with the “survivalists” beliefs. And those are people who are not equipped to function in today’s society. And those who are “not investing for good reasons” are losing out on profits in the markets.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

People are not investing with good reasons, everyone is cashing in their dollars for gold and most smart people knows that we're on a path of no return.

Totally baseless. Your view of the financial world is so far askew it’s dangerous. Very few are cashing in their dollars.

Just look at the tv ads “Bring us your gold for immediate cash!”

The only ones cashing in for gold are those with the “survivalists” beliefs. And those are people who are not equipped to function in today’s society. And those who are “not investing for good reasons” are losing out on profits in the markets.

Myself and family have invested heavily in timber land, gold, silver, guns, ammunition, viable products like manuel tools, off grid power capability, and strangly concrete.

Sorry you feel survival is a instinct not fit for todays society. I dont have to look too far in the past to see empires such as germany, russia, china pushing sheeple into a fascist environment and controlling them through gustapo type policies... why? beause they had nothing.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel

Sorry you feel survival is a instinct not fit for todays society. I dont have to look too far in the past to see empires such as germany, russia, china pushing sheeple into a fascist environment and controlling them through gustapo type policies... why? beause they had nothing.

The thing is whats coming will absolutely not be today's society. If someone is currently living on the margin then they will be rock-bottom poor with whats coming, if someone is dependent on market investments in any form they will soon join the rock bottom poor, if someone is currently dependent on government assistance they will soon be rock bottom poor - nearly all rock bottom poor then will be ripe for any tyranny promising salvation but delivering slavery. (not the wage slavery we have now but something much worse)

Best thing right now "be prepared for the worst, hope for the best" I say 2 years max, likely sooner.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Best thing right now "be prepared for the worst, hope for the best" I say 2 years max, likely sooner.

Once again a prediction of the collapse of the dollar. Go to the last page of the global Meltdown section of this very website. What do you see? The same talk from the beginning of 2005. That’s before the beginnings of the housing meltdown.

People have been predicting economic doom and gloom year after year. It just doesn’t happen. Things change, the economy expands and it contracts. Yes the dollar appears to be on a downward slope in the long run. But it’s far from a collapse.

To those who live a more self-sufficient lifestyle, I applaud you.
To those who stock pile cans of veggies and gold bars, get a grip.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join