It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realistically. Projected time for collapse of dollar?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It's all speculation! It'll probably happen later on in 2011! (just my opinion) Could be in 2012. Buying silver or gold or land will be worthless! That's because it can all be devalued to next to nothing, one at a time. Buy a Gun or 10 guns, buy enough ammo to last you 3 years. so somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000 rounds just for yourself! This way you can hunt and take what you need and protect yourself! Maybe buy some seeds and a water purifier. you'll always be able to find water, but clean water will be another story. Then make sure you have an escape plan to where ever as long as it's not in a danger zone. A danger zone is any where that is not safe for you. Also try to have some sort of home defense, like doors you can barricade with something so no one can bust it open.
If the dollar is worthless, how long can you survive? take stock and figure it out for yourself. some people think the mountains are a good place to hide. I say stay the hell away from them as everyone else has already thought of it. If you don't like these answers then FIGHT BACK!
Go and start a riot, go and flatten all your elected officials car tires. Hell I don't know, make a poster damning the man and posting it everywhere. Better yet, we should all make an "anon video" and post it to the web everywhere and flood the internet with our displeasures. If everyone does it then we will have an impact, TPTB will know we are all mad as hell and we are not gonna take it anymore!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Internet conspiracy theorists have been predicting the death of the dollar for over a decade.

It is a propaganda tool designed to sell gold and silver. You notice that almost every conspiracy show (even Glenn Beck) is propped up by a gold company.

If gold was so great, it would have been bought up by the rich guys by now. The value of gold and silver never goes up. It only stays the same.

Gold and silver cannot be used for anything. They are just lumps of metal. We know the supply of them, so they will always be the same value.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by c1172558

your right the value of gold and silver stays the same it is just our paper money is worthless so we use more to buy that same gold. when our money was on the gold standard the value of gold to the dollar stayed even like 20 dollars a ounce now how much of your paper money does it take to but that same ounce. in 1964 we were making dimes with 10 cents of silver in them now that same dime will cost you 2.50 paper money to buy....
in the end paper is only paper but gold and silver has allways been real money, only problem is if they go to electronic money system your gold and silver wont buy you any thing at the store... i believe they took everybodys gold and silver and made them illegal to use during the depression they can do the same thing again....
its there game folks and they make the rules all we can do is decide just how we are going to lose

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by c1172558
Internet conspiracy theorists have been predicting the death of the dollar for over a decade.

It is a propaganda tool designed to sell gold and silver. You notice that almost every conspiracy show (even Glenn Beck) is propped up by a gold company.

If gold was so great, it would have been bought up by the rich guys by now. The value of gold and silver never goes up. It only stays the same.

Gold and silver cannot be used for anything. They are just lumps of metal. We know the supply of them, so they will always be the same value.

I believe Peter Schiff has been talking about this for at least 5 years about the demise of our dollar. At that time, the other FOX Business commentators laughed their arses off at him. He thinks gold may reach $5,000 per ounce, and no one is laughing now.

SOURCE

The rich are not buying gold? George Soros bought and sold a few lumps last year and is still holding the paper equivalent of 16 tons of gold. I'll bet you he's not the only one.

One of the biggest buyers has been Soros Fund Management LLC, which oversees about $25 billion. George Soros, who made $1 billion breaking the Bank of England’s defense of the pound in 1992, described gold as “the ultimate asset bubble” at the World Economic Forum’s January meeting in Davos, Switzerland. Buying at the start of a bubble is “rational,” he said. Soros Fund Management sold 341,250 shares of the SPDR Gold Trust, the largest ETP backed by bullion, in the second quarter, according to an Aug. 16 Securities and Exchange Commission filing. That still left a holding of 5.24 million shares, equal to almost 16 tons. Soros declined to comment on the change, through a spokesman.

SOURCE

You can have your stocks, I'll hang on to my metals, thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join