It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realistically. Projected time for collapse of dollar?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Lindsey Williams was on the Alex Jones show not long ago. He accurately predicted the price of oil well before hand for at least the past 3 years. I know because I heard the predictions and watched them come true. He says that the dollar will be worthless by 2012. He says that in 6 to 9 months gas will cost between 5 and 6 dollars per gallon. He also said that the Euro would crash before the Dollar. He said that when the Euro crashes we will have only 2 to 3 weeks before the Dollar crashes also. A Dollar crash is a major part of the elite's plan IMO. I also have been stockpiling when I can. I think time is running out. I am hoping things will stay stable for at least the next 6 months. Watch Europe closely I think thats were the trigger will be pulled. They are like falling dominos.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

I don't really know what you mean by SHTF (martial law, mass riots, mass unemployment, economic meltdown)?

As for the economic aspect of your question:
- Such predictions are very hard to do, but easier as the collapse occurs. In fact the dollar has already collapsed, it's just not noticeable yet because the FED can continue to print Debt. As for when the collapse will be noticed: in about 6 to 8 months the Euro Zone will start to disintegrate, more, and more countries being "invited" to leave the Euro, which will collapse. After this happens you have about 1 to 2 months, before the collapse of the $US.
So I would say ~1 year. Remember, however, that talks are being held, about freezing Bank Accounts, and confiscating all deposits in Gold, and Silver, before that.

How to protect yourself, economically:
- Consult a reputable Investment Firm to, a) convert all your savings into "true wealth"; b) Get those assets out of the USA as fast as possible (they will handle all legal aspects of such a move).

You, must, however, act quickly. Most of my sources say they can only operate until February/March. I personally have relocated by firm somewhere safe, and am no longer working within North America.

Personal Safety: If you can, buy a property in a stable, reasonably cheap, and friendly country (Belize, and Vietnam come to mind, since I own properties, and business there).

Hope this helped.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by d00d557

Lindsey Williams was on the Alex Jones show not long ago. He accurately predicted the price of oil well before hand for at least the past 3 years. I know because I heard the predictions and watched them come true. He says that the dollar will be worthless by 2012. He says that in 6 to 9 months gas will cost between 5 and 6 dollars per gallon. He also said that the Euro would crash before the Dollar. He said that when the Euro crashes we will have only 2 to 3 weeks before the Dollar crashes also. A Dollar crash is a major part of the elite's plan IMO. I also have been stockpiling when I can. I think time is running out. I am hoping things will stay stable for at least the next 6 months. Watch Europe closely I think thats were the trigger will be pulled. They are like falling dominos.

Again, something I completely agree with. The eurozone was an experiment to understand how sheeple will act under central ruling. Even though they are all of various countries, it is a wolf in sheep clothing. For a country in the eurozone to call itself as an individual such as greece, italy, france, etc. in actuality they are the EU and are controlled/governed by. Their country presidents/prime ministers/etc are just governing the country for the EU.

The experiment is over, they have figured out how to not only collapse, but re-purchase and control and we are seeing that now in many european countries such as greece and ireland with many others in line. Once they are bought out, all the people can do is fight back with violence as they are purchased slaves to the banking masters.

To bring around your NWO reality, they need to not only drop EU but drop USA. I believe USA was given behind the scenes money/power for a long time, this was done to remove powers these bankers had no control over (russia, china) but now have used this one country to not only remove the curtains and shackle through trade, but also militarize and control 3rd world countries. Now that the USA is used and they have no further use in it, time to let the dominoes fall.

Its all she wrote folks. You had better hope ET or IT are coming to save us, and thats serious. These evil minded banksters are goign to let you starve as they have no desire to bring in technology that helps the world, but only asset control to ensure they get their largest piece of the unearned pie. You are overpopulating THEIR planet.. so die already, or start fighting back.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Lindsey Williams was on the Alex Jones show not long ago. He accurately predicted the price of oil well before hand for at least the past 3 years.

Like you need a crystal ball to predict price action on a diminishing commodity?

A Dollar crash is a major part of the elite's plan IMO.

Oh do explain. Since everything in the US is pegged to the dollar, a crash would devalue all physical assets. Buildings, companies, everything! How would the elite profit from diminishing assets?

Personal Safety: If you can, buy a property in a stable, reasonably cheap, and friendly country (Belize, and Vietnam come to mind, since I own properties, and business there).

Belize? Their currency is fixed to the dollar. 2bzd=1usd They have 5 banks there.

Vietnam? Are you kidding? Transfer all our wealth 8500 miles away to a communist country?

If the US economy crashes so does the worlds. You can’t bury your head in Belize and side step the crash.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

First, Lindsey doesn't use magic, he was told these things by an oil guy. I remember when he predicted (I should say was told and repeated it) 150 dollar a barrel oil and that it would drop to 40 dollars a barrel very quick. It actually went to 35 after hitting 150. It was something to hear and know about it before hand then watch it happen.

Second, the dollar IS going to lose its status as the world's reserve currency. Many world leaders have called for a new global currency to replace the dollar's reserve status. The reserve status is the only thing keeping us floating. Look at Britain in the 70s. Its coming here to the US and is already begun.

Again, my opinion, the PTB want to bring America to its knees and what better way than a Dollar collapse. Once America is down people will beg for and accept whatever solution is offered - thats why this whole mess was created in the first place.

And why do you think physical assets will become worth less? Commodities rise relative to the devaluing currency. Real things have a value that people agree upon. If the dollar is worth less it will take more of them to purchase the real thing. Debt, measured in dollars, will shrink relative to real, tangible wealth as the dollar shrinks also. Property might be over priced but it is not worthless because the dollar is. If you have property and someone makes a good offer using another currency then it is worth something isn't it? As soon as people lose faith in a currency it's history.

To be honest I think your either very naive, foolish or a shill - but again thats just my opinion ... Good luck

edit on 21-12-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by samkent

Property might be over priced but it is not worthless because the dollar is. If you have property and someone makes a good offer using another currency then it is worth something isn't it?

I can't edit my post above but thought I would clarify ...

Property might be over priced now but it would not become worthless if the dollar became worthless. It is real, tangible and useful even if the Dollar isn't. If you owned it would you give it away for nothing?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
if whats said is wrong and the dollar will start to climb would it be a good idea to invest? or is this a dumb question?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by StarBoy

I think 2012 is a very realistic date to predict the dollar will collapse. They cant hold it for longer... You cant just bail out billions wishing the dollar to gain power again. They just want to stretch it as faaaar as they can but im quit sure 2012 will be the date it will split.

I agree. I think the SWHTF after the 2021 election. They need time to get a couple more "laws" in place first. Such as removing the Tester Amendment from the Food Safety Farce Law This will allow the World Trade Organization full control of American food production.

The other biggie is putting in place a new "World Reserve Currency" Once that is in place and the dollar is no longer the reserve currency then the props will be kicked out from under the dollar.

Also Obama, Bidden and Pelosi are the three stooges. Can you really see them in charge of a dictatorship??? None of them has any real leadership qualities.

Well it will be ran form behind the curtain...our elected officals looking like some measure of order is still in place..it would be real horror if the masses didnt have that one last hope that we still had a vote and we could change things and the government was still a legel one. If some strong guy steps out and "assumes control" the place will start rocking so dont bother knockin. A large scale state war would then explode. No they cant come out just yet with some unelected strong guy mojo.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Example: Assume the dollar falls by half for what ever reason.
That imported Hyundai Elantra jumps from $20K to $40K due to exchange rate.
That local Chevy jumps from $25K to $35K due to imported materials.
That $800 flat screen jumps to $1600.
Fuel prices will double.

All this means.

Many car dealerships will close. Car manufacturers will radically cut back or fail.
Many retail establishments will close, many malls will fail. No one will want a dead mall, not even the Chinese.
Most airlines will fail. Boeing and GE will become shadows.
With little money flowing from hand to hand all real estate will tank in price.
If you sell to the US, you will suffer. Tourism? Forget it.

Now how does this scenario benefit the rich or TPTB? No matter how you look at it they lose money. And money is power.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Oh do explain. Since everything in the US is pegged to the dollar, a crash would devalue all physical assets. Buildings, companies, everything! How would the elite profit from diminishing assets?

I wanted that one statement, didnt read anything else as I dont agree with your views from the other post you put on here (which i did read)

Giving a fictitional value through whatever currency you want to these actual real assets is a monopoly scheme. You own board walk right? No the person who owns the game owns it all, your just allowed to play.

Once the dollar devalues there is no carring what is valued in that currency, they own it. To make bigger insult to injury, they devalued your physical asset in their fantasy land currency, taxed you to death and made you pay for everything, then used your own debt and labor to purchase your physical asset for cheap on their fantasy land currency.

It is that simple, it is a land grab. The hard working people are on the losing end, even if you own your land like I do, flat out own. You might not be able to afford the future taxes on it when they have driven your job away, inflated everything to unpurchasable levels, and your more worried about spending that 100 dollars on a loaf of bread than paying the 10,000 dollar tax on a quarter acre lot.

This has all happened before in kenya, print baby print, you're putting value on something that has zero value, thats the whole crazy idea behind this game they created and suckered each of us into playing. There is no damn value, you just give up your assets in the end and beg for bread.

**EDIT** I believe your under the assumption that they want to keep this ponzie scheme going, but why? they took us from a industrial mega power, shackled us by pushing out our industry and turned us into a wuss consumer market, now they are removing the ability to consume, what is left? assets but they dont belong to you, the job left town.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Eavel because: added input

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I believe your under the assumption that they want to keep this ponzie scheme going, but why? they took us from a industrial mega power, shackled us by pushing out our industry and turned us into a wuss consumer market, now they are removing the ability to consume, what is left? assets but they dont belong to you, the job left town.

Who made you purchase that Sony tv in the 60’s and 70’s?
Who made you purchase those toys and trinkets from China?
Who made you buy all those Toyotas?

In each case the US has domestic alternatives but couldn’t compete on price. Eventually the cheap junk from overseas wasn’t junk anymore. In fact it became better than our own.

The ‘they’ you posted is us. We did it to ourselves.
We bought Sony’s instead of Zeniths.
We bought Toyota’s instead of Chevy’s.
We scrapped our own manufacturing in favor of Asia’s.

TPTB had nothing to do with this. We did it to ourselves.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've been a visitor to ATS for a long time, but this is my first actual post. I wanted to post a comment in reply to this, because I feel really strongly that this whole "the dollar is going to collapse" fear is unfounded. Not because I don't agree that the US economy and the dollar with it is in a big time decline, I totally do, but because I think the Federal Reserve will never allow this to happen.

The Fed has invested so much in creating this FIAT system of financial control in the US, based around the dollar. They've literally murdered, started wars, etc... I just think by panicking about the Chinese threatening to move off the dollar standard for world reserves, we're getting caught up in unnecessary hype, like swine flu, or killer bees or whatever other boogey man they whip us into a frenzy about.

And the end result is we take our eye off the ball, the real boogey man, the FED. They still have a strangle hold on the financial levers of the planet, and there is no way the dollar (they're ultimate weapon) is going away. They won't let it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ENDFED
And the end result is we take our eye off the ball, the real boogey man, the FED. They still have a strangle hold on the financial levers of the planet, and there is no way the dollar (they're ultimate weapon) is going away. They won't let it.

Can you please explain how the FED has control over the planet's monetary system? Could you also explain how they "won't let" the dollar go away? Like I posted earlier, the only thing preventing this country's collapse right now is that the USD is the world reserve currency. Explain how the FED is going to force major countries to continue using our devalued, butchered currency. They can't! It's already happening with countries weening their selves off the USD.

You want to know what the FED's plan A was? At the recent G20 meeting they urged other countries to print money as well to intentionally devalue their currency to come down to the level of the US. Basically, we were laughed at. In reality, their only plan is to continue printing money as long as they can to allow the elites and rich to transfer that into material worth so they can remain powerful when a new currency takes effect. they could care less about the everyday people. They are a bank, remember?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
One could say it already collapsed. When would we call it collapsed? When mail order brides refuse to be mailed to the US?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I believe your under the assumption that they want to keep this ponzie scheme going, but why? they took us from a industrial mega power, shackled us by pushing out our industry and turned us into a wuss consumer market, now they are removing the ability to consume, what is left? assets but they dont belong to you, the job left town.

In each case the US has domestic alternatives but couldn’t compete on price. Eventually the cheap junk from overseas wasn’t junk anymore. In fact it became better than our own.

Not really. What happend was that americans firms started making junk. So I must buy junk? Then there is the cheep labor issue and the fact that many americans have been making a killing off China anyway, cheep labor and environmental regs ect ect. And who made the US government a debtor to China. Wasnt me friend.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My guess is for 2014 or 2015. Yes, there is still time.
Source historical trends read more

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You are too quick to point the finger at the consumer and completely ignore free trade markets manipulated by CEO's and government tax placing massive burden on companies using various chemicals, methods which had no penalties overseas in places like China.

Take a step back and look at the big picture, not a piece of the puzzle. Consumers were forced into a direction becuase labor here is too high compared to pennies on the dollar labor over seas with addition to price hikes to offset the constant penalties companies get in the States, not to mention people just flat taking a retirement check to ensure contracts happen overseas, having huge benefits from imports from our debt owners, your right we did do it tro ourselves by voting in bastards and allowing companies to control things. Give me a break, just becuase my TV is HCT, does not mean I have a viable choice. I turn over products to see if they are from China or not, but when every product I turn over is from there, where is my choice?

You smoke the same pipe too much, try various brands..

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I turn over products to see if they are from China or not, but when every product I turn over is from there, where is my choice?

You have already lost your choice when it comes to televisions. Twenty years of consumers going for the cheaper brands has run all production overseas. To my knowledge Zenith was the last brand to be manufactured in the states. Now the closest you can get to a US television is assembled in Mexico.

No industry is immune to being outsourced.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
That realistic projected time for collapse was made several years ago for the time we live in now. We're only looking at a few months now. Look at the prices of the major commodities that it takes to LIVE; food, and fuel. Then look at $30 silver and the price of gold. When things really hit the fan, the prices for that same gold and silver will be zip.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Today the Australian Dollar has beaten the US Dollar. Look at this charts that shows Swiss Franks vs. US Dollar in 10 Years. The dollar came from 1.80 down to 0.93 sFr. - >www.cash.ch...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join