It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers use DUCT TAPE to tie up four-year-old boy... in front of his father

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I literally choked and spit out my cookies and milk from your post, I never got past the first line before the kids came running with smiles on their faces in anticipation of what made me go off.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
DD here is that old article. I think you may have even posted it here on ATS.

Anyhow, the woman got off lightly for murder.

Daycare Worker Sentence in Duct-Tape Murder

The convicted murderer of a 2-year-old boy whose mouth was covered with tape at a Tulsa day-care home is getting a sentence reduction ordered by an appeals court that said a no-parole life prison term in this case "shocks this Court's conscience."

In a 4-0 ruling filed Tuesday, the state Court of Criminal Appeals determined that Vicki Leigh Chiles, 46, should have to serve a 30-year prison term.

In 2008, Tulsa County jurors meted out a sentence of life without the possibility of parole upon finding Chiles guilty of the first-degree murder of Joshua Minton.

The appellate ruling affirmed the murder conviction but ordered the punishment to be changed to life with parole possible, with the first 30 years of the sentence to be served in prison and the rest of that life term suspended.

Joshua was found unresponsive May 17, 2007, at Chiles' day-care home at 2648 E. Third St. The 30-month-old Sperry boy died that night at a hospital.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at www.tulsaworld.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
When I read stories like this I always question my decision to go into anthro instead of law.
With morons like this just begging to be drug thru the legal ringer and made to pay and pay and pay.

I'm not a big fan of litigation but sometime lessons are and should be, very expensive.
edit on 16-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just shows use the many different utilities of duck tape. eheheheh

second line

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sadly, in a lot of places within this country (the US), the school has much more authority over children than the parents. Parents are now affraid to make the school mad by complaining, as the schools now have the power to turn your familys' world upside down through the state's Children and Family Dept. (which goes by different names depending on the state). When it comes to your child and the "State Dept of Children", your rights to due process of law no longer exist and your government can and does take children away. We now live in a society where the state has more authority over children than the family or parents and that is sad, as it is a hallmark of authoritarianism. I predict that in another 50 years (if our economy hasn't colapsed yet), parents will no longer have any authority over their children and instead the school or "child indoctrination program" will set the rules and you just have to deal with it.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Sadly I think you are correct Airspoon
IMHO
The system is as self perpetuating as they say it is about other forms of child abuse.

There was a case recently were it said right in the affidavit that one of the primary reasons for taking this guys child was that he was an oath keeper.

But people are as dumbed down as is nesessary to get away with it.
deliberatedumbingdown.com...
my previous commment on the quality of teachers was made with this in mind.

Though I will agree to say the minority are not as high quality as one would hope, teachers as a whole are the system.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
keep ur kids off the fluoride folks. Or spare the duct-tape.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I predict that in another 50 years (if our economy hasn't colapsed yet), parents will no longer have any authority over their children and instead the school or "child indoctrination program" will set the rules and you just have to deal with it.

--airspoon

airspoon, I agree with you in some ways, but having first hand experience and a son in elementary, most of the parents are very pro-active in our school.

In order to make anything happen people need to get off their collective arse's and actually do something. I understand people have busy lives, but if raising a child is a priority then they need to set priorities accordingly, or else others will raise their children.

Ever see a group of organized and well educated parents go up against a school administration armed with facts, laws and a well laid out plan? It's really energizing to see how the parents actually have the ultimate power and say so, but that is only if they are active.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
damn ESPECIALLY if i was a pig, i would be slamming someone for this.

its unbelievable.

i remember my second grade teacher used to hound me everyday, because im 'right handed' but i liked to wear my watch on my right hand. psychob!tch used to bully me everyday because of it.

im sick of people treating ANYONE 'less' than themselves.
im sick of bullies.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I would be in jail...
no if's and's or but's about it.
Let me catch anyone doing that to a child mine or yours...
I will kick butt for the both of us...
i am a redneck i love to fight anyways lol

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is sick!! Still trying to figure how a 4 YEAR OLD can wreck the world of an entire school staff and use excuses when they recovery conciousness of the ODDS. 4 yr old 4 yr old 4 yr old, yes 4 yr old.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Another teacher just there for the paycheck

Last Friday, my youngest came in looking REAL rough, so I asked him what was wrong. He told me a kid threw a big rock at his head during recess. I didn't receive a call from the nurse, which I found odd, so I asked for a nurse's note. He told me that his teacher wouldn't let him go, that she told him, "Everyone gets bumps!"

I tried calling the school, but no one answered. I emailed the teacher and first thing Monday morning, I contacted the principal. He was appaulled...

At the time I wanted to hit her on the head with a bat and say, "Yes, Mrs.__________, everyone does get bumps."

What if he had a mild concussion and passed out in class, on his walk home from school, or in his sleep?! The bump was huge!

Starting the first day of the new semester, he will have a new teacher...I just hope the school retires her for neglegence..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What is the problem ere? The kid did not do as told. They couldn't bust his butt. Duct tape works for me. It is relatively harmless. It incapacitated the child , and caused only embarrassment. THE PARENTS NEED TO TEACH RESPECT FOR THOSE IN AUTHORITY. If my child has issues with a teacher they come to me to resolve them, after they do as they are told. If that had happened to my child I would politely ask the teacher and principle to leave and then wear my childs butt out for deliberately disobeying an authority figure.[abuse and endangerment are covered with my children and they know the difference]. Parents need to be parents. If they are not then don't blame the school for doing what you CANNOT.

reluctantpawn

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Breaking with the tradition of this thread so far in saying.. What did the kid do in order to have his hands taped? Once we know what he did to Deserve it, then we can make a judgement.

I know we all like to think our little darlings are..well, little darlings. But, many are ruthless, care-less, violent individuals from a young age these days and at times radical means are needed.. whether we like it or not.

Bring back what we call the Cane.. time for some serious consequences for these out of control kids that I see everywhere today.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Tayesin because: spelling as usual

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Bring back what we call the Cane.. time for some serious consequences for these out of control kids that I see everywhere today.

Usually I respect your opinion and views. Not this time! The cane does not instill respect for authority. In fact is will invariably do just the opposite and make the one punished even more resentful and act out in even more socially violent ways.

Even today if I ever run across "Mr. Rickey" who gave me a canning, 40 years ago, I would put some serious hurt on that old man.

In fact "Mr. Rickey" needs to take some of the blame for my almost complete disdain for authority figures and I have paid the price for my smartass attitudes and actions.

The youthful mind operates this way....."put the pain, violence and disrespect on me, a little kid...you just wait dip**** when I'm bigger and older....I'll get my revenge on you and all the people you represent"
edit on 17-12-2010 by whaaa because: reload

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I would have kicked the asses of every nearby person. I'd duct-tape the principal, and let all the kids treated like this in the past kick the guy real hard in the balls. What a power trip. Duct tape. What the hell.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Breaking with the tradition of this thread so far in saying.. What did the kid do in order to have his hands taped?

Fair question, according to the article...

‘A four-year-old student, who was being disruptive during the class’ nap time, was brought to the school’s office,’ he wrote in an e-mail to the Chicago Sun-Times. ‘On the way to the office and in the office, he repeatedly struck two of our staff members and acted out of control

Now let us all keep in mind that if these staff members harmed a hair on this child's head, they would be in jail and no one would support them in any way whatsoever... and rightfully so. I think we can all agree that as the adult you surely can find a better way to restrain a violent child rather than with physical violence... and that is what they did. According to the school...

‘A few minutes before the father arrived, our vice principal loosely taped his long-sleeved shirt sleeves together to restrain his hands. This was an effort to keep him from injuring himself and others.’

So the tape was placed around the outter sleeve of his shirt. The kid would not have been hurt even by removing the tape. I am sorry, but I have no issue with this at all. Not one. Maybe if police officer Dad was doing his job at home, this kid would know better than to strike adults. Especially his teachers. What do you think will happen when this kid is 16 and the parents are not able to be there and he goes around hitting adults? He will eventually run into someone possibly whom is just like me...and I can promise you if a 16 year old puts his hands on me thinking he is a tough guy, I would put him through the pavement.

The next point I'd like to make is that this is also a private school. Also from the article..

The Pui-Tak Christian School serves more than 130 children in pre-kindergarten through to sixth grade and fees are over £2,300-a-year, per child.

Now keep in mind, the article is from a U.K. paper. The school is in Chicago. If you are paying an annual fee for your child to attend a school, than obviously this is a private school, not a public school. In the US if you attend public school, you go to a school based on the area you live in. If you pay for your child to attend a school, it is a private school. If Police Officer Dad does not like the way his son was treated, he can put his kid into public school. Now I realize I'm quite a bit older and times have changed, but even back in my day when I went to public school, if I struck a teacher I would have probably come home with a black eye. They taped his hands... he got off easy.

I personally think the article itself is somewhat sensationalized and quite frankly the comments in it are made to elicit a response from the reader. Let us start with this quote from Dad...

‘I was absolutely stunned. I had never seen anything like that in 10 years as a police officer and my 44 years of life. I have never seen anything like that done to a child.’

This line alone is made to draw a response from the reader. Seriously think about this statement from the Dad. A police officer in Chicago claims this is the worst he has seen done to a child? I say hogwash! We live in a world where some parents abuse their children. We live in a world where mothers have cooked their children in a microwave oven. This story is from Ohio, not too far from Chicago at all.

A quick google search for child abuse cases in Chicago can lead you to examples like these..

1 year old dies

9 year old beat with electrical cord

Here is 2 deaths, one a 2 year old and a newborn girl

And these were page 1 of a google search. and all within the 10 yers this man has been a cop. So for this police officer in Chicago to claim that seeing his child's hands taped together by the sleeve of his shirt is the worst he has ever seen done to a child is nothing short of laughable. I laughed to myself when I read that statement yesterday, and I am laughing now. Either this guy does desk duty, is a meter maid, is not really a police officer in Chicago, or his statement is being made to draw support and elicit a response from the reader.

Sorry but I stand by my previous post.. there is no harm done here. Maybe taping his hands today, will save him from the butt kicking he will get later on.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
wow what violent responses its a little bit stunning. yea they did something bogus it happens rarely the world is full of scum you cant stoop to their level to make a point or you become them. I remember hearing a few years back about ductaping a kid to his table to stop him from fidgeting they left him like that the WHOLE schoolday so this isnt even that bad...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Maybe if the father had taken the time to teach his child that hitting others is wrong, none of this would have happened. I have 0 sympathy for this. I know you'll all be angry, but so be it. Children have no sense of respect or right and wrong these days. They act like savages. I see no reason to shed a tear when they're treated as such.

If more parents disciplined their children properly, this type of thing would never happen. Since most decide to let the tv/computer raise them nowadays; and the ones who don't face abuse charges for a simple, harmless correction of behavior; I see little improvement headed our way.

While I don't condone duct taping a child's hands together, I further stray from condoning the chaotic behavior so many of today's youth spew from their hateful mouths and deplorable actions.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thektotheg

Oh give me a break.

Children today are not "savages". Children never change throughout history. They are always scheming brats, and are always too much to handle. Kids never "respect" anything, ever. This is a fact of life.

75-100 years ago and further into ancient history, kids were either lucky enough to "make it", or they became street urchins. Their "respect" came from the backhand of an authority figure, or at the end of a switch. They didn't "respect" anything, they were forced into submission.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join