It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers use DUCT TAPE to tie up four-year-old boy... in front of his father

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

Mr Irving, a former police officer, told the Chicago Sun-Times: ‘I received a call from the school informing me that my son was in the principal’s office because he refused to take a nap, and he didn’t want to wash his hands.
‘I told them that I would come and pick him up. I arrived shortly after that and found him standing there with his hands duct-taped together.
‘I was absolutely stunned. I had never seen anything like that in 10 years as a police officer and my 44 years of life. I have never seen anything like that done to a child.’

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ummm, I consider myself to be a pretty calm guy, but if I came to school and saw something like this done to one of my kids, I can't guarantee that someone wouldn't be getting an arse kickin. lol.

This is another one of those school horror stories that really just has to leave one scratching their head in bewilderment. Where in the heck did these people get their training from, a cracker jack box?

My guess is that this is not going to end happily for that school and those entirely inept and clueless folks involved. Just when I think I've seen and heard it all.

Sheesh...

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

MBF

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Back when I went to school, you step out of line and you got a paddle on your rear end. Times have changed.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Flagged and starred DD!

That would be one hard day for the frakkers who did that to my kid. I hope they would enjoy hospital as much as I'd enjoy putting them there.

I'd tell the cops it was a rescue from a bunch of child molesters, which in fact it was, even though non-sex related.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If that was my son, i'd be in jail by now.

And that teacher would be missing most of his teeth.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
Back when I went to school, you step out of line and you got a paddle on your rear end. Times have changed.

Definitely.

Duct taping a little kid? Are they out of their friggin minds???

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

RIGHT!

When the police arrived to find the entire Administration of the school taped to the gym walls and the kids practicing their dodge ball game, they would probably be too amused to arrest me!

Here's the thing. Those people also have homes and families and lives outside the school. They probably live in the same town. Imagine being the person responsible for this and then running into me at the grocery store, or gas station. It would not be pretty!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wow. I have no words for this just, wow.

S and F

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That is out of order.

We used to either get the chalk stick or chalk board eraser thrown at us if we were naughty in class.

Those were the days.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF

Haha, me too! I had a ping pong paddle, as well as a ruler on my hands at a 'christian' school. lol

But that type of stuff doesn't fly today, nor did I agree with it being the proper thing back when I was a kid. No stranger should have the right to strike, or get physically abusive with a child. Ever.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

Mr Irving, a former police officer, told the Chicago Sun-Times: ‘I received a call from the school informing me that my son was in the principal’s office because he refused to take a nap, and he didn’t want to wash his hands.
‘I told them that I would come and pick him up. I arrived shortly after that and found him standing there with his hands duct-taped together.
‘I was absolutely stunned. I had never seen anything like that in 10 years as a police officer and my 44 years of life. I have never seen anything like that done to a child.’

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Everyone in NA and EU is going crazy.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

RIGHT!

When the police arrived to find the entire Administration of the school taped to the gym walls and the kids practicing their dodge ball game, they would probably be too amused to arrest me!

Here's the thing. Those people also have homes and families and lives outside the school. They probably live in the same town. Imagine being the person responsible for this and then running into me at the grocery store, or gas station. It would not be pretty!

Damned straight getready.

NOBODY is untouchable!

I'd give them a reality break, probably starting with their jawbones.
edit on 16-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

link   
if you can't do teach
if you can't teach become a principal

I hate to generalize but
wow
between this and the laptop in the bed room thing, where the teachers watching the kids in their bedrooms called the cops on a kid because the teacher thought he was eating drugs and it was candy....

I know here are good teachers out there and prinipals too, and I salut you
but you are in the minority.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
if you can't do teach
if you can't teach become a principal

I hate to generalize but
wow
between this and the laptop in the bed room thing, where the teachers watching the kids in their bedrooms called the cops on a kid because the teacher thought he was eating drugs and it was candy....

I know here are good teachers out there and prinipals too, and I salut you
but you are in the minority.

Dan the good ones are in the majority. It's just the nutcases that get all the press.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The father believes it was race-based:

Irving said he’s also concerned that school administrators treated his son like a criminal, thus reinforcing the stereotype that young black males are dangerous.

“I can’t think of any other race that they would have done this to,” Irving said. “If we don’t stop stereotyping and demoralizing black boys, we will precipitate the stereotype. We have to send a message that this is unacceptable for anyone’s child.”

Chicago Sun Times

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I was just psychologically abused and made to feel like a complete waste of space at a Catholic School. apparrently I wasn't too bright, was going nowhere and needed anger management. Went to publis school for my final two years and one day when I arrived the principal shook my hand and told me I was a 'credit to the school' because I thought in a way the other students couldn't begin to comprehend.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

While I find this story a little disturbing, given the age of the child, I do recognise that "back in the day", when neighbours or a Police Officer could give you a clip round the ear and send you home packing, kids were generally better behaved.

I know when I was young, me and some mates got caught messing around on a building site by one of the Officers wives (we lived on camp as my dad was Army). Boy, did she give us a ticking off and gave a couple of us a smack round the back of the head. Needless to say, we never went near that site again and behaved for the whole summer!

Anyhoo, slightly OT... Duct taping a 4 year old is more likely to get them wound up and make the situation worse than actually solve anything. A good solid telling off, followed by isolation should have done the trick. I probably would have strong words to say to someone if they did this to my nippers.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If I went to school and saw my kid ducted taped, I would be LMAO as I picked up the roll of duct-tape that was used on my child, then duct-tape the persons hairy arse, chest, arms and legs that purported such recklessness.

Then just for kicks, I would toss his or hers, taped up arse out into the hallway.

But officers, "Since it appears to be school protocol to duct-tape people up"

Have fun removing duct-tape from a hairy body.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It was an effort to keep him from harming himself and others...since when can a 4-year-old do that much damage? That's so insipidly stupid that it gave me a headache. And, for the record, you'd think that people who deal with young children all day long would understand that 4-year-olds do this. It's called pitching a temper-tantrum; it's normal behavior for a child that age.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Originally posted by MBF

Haha, me too! I had a ping pong paddle, as well as a ruler on my hands at a 'christian' school. lol

But that type of stuff doesn't fly today, nor did I agree with it being the proper thing back when I was a kid. No stranger should have the right to strike, or get physically abusive with a child. Ever.

Well as much as I would love to echo this thought, I just can't do it. How many times have we all sat here and complained about the lack of respect kids show today? Maybe duct taping this kid, maybe that smack across your hands with a ruler, taught you a little something about respect for others and how to treat others. Maybe it even helped you along with learning to respect your elders. Maybe, just maybe, the paddle you get today, may save you from the arse kicking you get later because you had no clue how to treat others.

We can not deny the fact that children today know very little about respect, and that is the parents fault. As I read this thread, I keep thinking back to a situation that happened to me a couple years back. I had just moved to Louisiana, when I came here I put most of my things into storage, took the front seat out of my hobby car which I was in the process of rebuilding, packed the car full of as much as I could take. I sold my daily driving car and away I went without looking back. My hobby car is a bit of an eye soar. Half Primered and ready to be painted, half painted, obvious body work having been done to it. So one day, I was taking one of my roommates to a convenience store. We go inside, get the things we needed to get and get back in the car to leave. As I am pulling out a young man (maybe 16 years of age) gets out of the back of a Suburban Truck. His mother is pumping gas. This young man starts making fun of my car (no big deal to me, kids will be kids). Two young ladies, maybe 5-7 years of age, roll down the back window on the Suburban (the same side as the mother who is outside pumping the gas) and they start yelling and making fun of my car. I still didnt think much of it. I figured they were the typical spoiled brat kids with an idiot for a parent since she watched the whole spectacle and did nothing. Clearly consenting their behavior through her silence. I continue to make my way to the drive so I can turn and leave. As I am passing the Young Man, he is still talking. Still making fun of my car, making fun of me and being an overall annoying, obnoxious jackass. Just as I pass him by, he makes another remark about my "piece of **it" car and kicks my door. The mother watched, still did nothing.

It was at this point that everything changed for them. Life is about perspective. What this entire family perceived as a piece of **it car, for me represented years of work. This car was being rebuilt, by me, for the second time. That ugly primered colored door, for me was 6 hours of work, and now was going to be another couple hours removing the dent this idiot kid just put in the the side of it.

I stopped my car, I got out, and I went after that little punk kid. I was not planning to hurt him, just scare the crap out of him. Of course, when I showed any aggression, as with most bullies, this kid turned and ran back towards his mother. Who was still just pumping gas. As I walked past her, yelling at that brat kid of hers, she reached out and grabbed me by my throat. She said something about me picking on kids. I don't recall her exact words, I do recall her hand around my neck, at which point I shoved her off of me and into the side of nice truck. At which point I stopped going after her brat and let her have it. I was more shocked than anything. I asked her why she was bothering to be a parent now that her kid deserved to get his ass kicked, rather than being a parent when her kids were acting like complete jackasses and disrespecting a total stranger. After all, wouldn't THAT be the time to be a parent and educate your kids? You know...when they are actually doing something wrong. She didnt like hearing that and attempted to change the subject. Now it was all about my shoving her off of me. She was yelling, "Oh you want to put your hands on a female! Im calling the police!": She then pulls her cellphone out of her pocket and flips it open with one finger on the 9 button. It was a big production, and she held her finger on the 9 button, just ready to call 911. Like this was supposed to be a threat of some kind for me. Yet she didn't start dialing.

This is where my story gets a little comical, at least for me since I still laugh about it to this day. In true "criminal" form, I reached up and snatched the phone from her hand and tossed it into the grass. It was at this point that I took the time to let her know, that if your going to call 911...dont threaten it, just do it. If you do not, someone who really intends to do you harm will do what I just did. Then what? Now your face to face with someone who wants to hurt you, and you just let them know you want them in jail. I then let her know that luckily for her, I dont want to harm her and have no intention of doing so, then proceeded to let her know what I think of her piss poor parenting skills and that is why her brat kids have no respect for other people or their property, and that she should really rethink things because the next person her kids disrespect might just beat beat them senseless or worse. Then I left. the look on her face was priceless.

So..... the smack you got with a ruler today, may just save you from the arse kicking you get tomorrow.
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join