It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7th Cavalry and the Mexican Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is probably another thread that will fall by the wayside, but maybe, just maybe, someone will see where I am trying to go with this.

In the wee hours the other night, I happened to catch a show on Military Channel about the History of the 7th Cavalry. Truly remarkable really. A Cavalry rich in history and achievements from past to present. We may even have a member or two that are proud to be a part of this fine band of brothers.

Now I'm guessing if you were to ask the common man who the 7th cavalry was they might respond with Custer? Wasn't he the one that did the last stand with the 7th Cavalry? Well yes of course he was. They have so many more accomplishments then just that, it really is amazing and you can read about a lot of it HERE If you are truly interested.

What I am really here for though, is that one little point and time in history before the Cavalry lost their horse. The last time they really used their horses was to go into Cuba, and of course WW1, but they lost many horses then due to disease.Had to revamp, but thats a different point in time.

The time that is important to me is the time that they patrolled the Mexican Border. The time they went 400 miles into Mexico tracking down Pancho Villa. Granted, they didnt come back with him, but my point is about how they "Patrolled The Border." At the time they were doing that they were after renegade Indians. They went after Poncho after he crossed the border and pretty much trashed one of our towns to put it simply.

So, my long and short here is, why, with all the border problems we are having now, why can't we perhaps reinstate this form of patrol? Yes it may be outdated and not all fancy, but I can still see it being effective too. Im sure the 7th Cavalry has a form of stealth mode by now. They are or were know known for their agility upon a horse.

Maybe it just might take a little old fashion warfare with modern day weapons to fight back tide. Im sure some of those good ol boys would love to take the job on.After all, wasn't it always the Cavalry that saved the day?

Well, these are my thoughts. what do you think? And while I have your ear, I salute the 7th, as you boys have most certainly made your mark in History.

Hopefully, someone around here will follow what Im thinking ....
edit on 16-12-2010 by onehuman because: typo

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Because the mexican drug cartel will blow *dudes on horses* away with machine guns, grenades, RPG's, pay them off with drugs/money ect. ect. PUT THE NATIONAL guard on the border with tanks, machine guns, grenades ect. ect. let them do the job...
edit on 16-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
How about the air cavalry:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/244ee02f9de8.jpg[/atsimg]
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)
edit on 12/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 12/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

The current 7th doesn't ride to battle on horses.

They are classified as an amoured unit now I believe.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Because the mexican drug cartel will blow *dudes on horses* away with machine guns, grenades, RPG's, pay them off with drugs/money ect. ect.

Perhaps, but, let me first just say, I think any member of that force may be insulted about the fact of a buy off. They seem to have quite a bit of pride.

One the other point of weapons, perhaps their stealth could be a ticket. A saddle bag can hold quite a few grenades I would think. Break the platoons up into companies... less men moving, etc.

I guess Im dreaming, but it sure looks good on paper...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

lol even better but people would moan how much that cost... you know how people be...

My whole point though was to bring back the horse as well. I know some of the city boys might have a learning handicap, but hey, that is their roots, a good country sgt, have them riding in no time.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The border may just be the best place for the return of a horse arm of the calvary.
Horses, or better yet mules are a lot more silent than motorized vehicles and are better for tracking anyone coming in on foot. A combination of horse and motorized patrol might be a really good idea.

How about adding some bloodhounds too?
A blogger states: "I have a friend who used to breed blood hounds. He claims a good hound can track a person driving a car, as long as the window is rolled down. "

I have heard the same thing.

For the US government to expect its citizens to submit to Grope-N-Fly and yet refuses to build the border wall that WAS passed by Congress just makes me see red. Toss in Amnesty and I want to get violent!

One of the things I can not understand is why, if we have satellites capable of seeing my car in my driveway, do we have an influx of criminals crossing our borders in the first place? The whole border situation makes the "War on Terror" and the US military nothing but a running joke and the US Congress the butt.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

The border may just be the best place for the return of a horse arm of the calvary.
Horses, or better yet mules are a lot more silent than motorized vehicles and are better for tracking anyone coming in on foot. A combination of horse and motorized patrol might be a really good idea.

For the US government to expect its citizens to submit to Grope-N-Fly and yet refuses to build the border wall that WAS passed by Congress just makes me see red. Toss in Amnesty and I want to get violent!

One of the things I can not understand is why, if we have satellites capable of seeing my car in my driveway, do we have an influx of criminals crossing our borders in the first place? The whole border situation makes the "War on Terror" and the US military nothing but a running joke and the US Congress the butt.

Im thrilled, someone is getting what Im trying to say on so many levels! Thank you. I agree, Im pretty pissed too just watching the rampant trod on our sod. I think a few good men with a few good horses would work way better then a stupid wall that isn't even built anyway. The one mess we could clean up pretty quickly and yet....

Is Mexico the right hand we aren't suppose to be seeing while we watch the left hand over seas?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Since I am all about the horse, I thought I would throw this in here as he is one of the most famous yet sort of unknown horses.

Comanche:

Comanche was a veteran, 21 years old, and had been with the 7th Cavalry since its Organization in '66.... He was found by Sergeant [Milton J.] DeLacey [Co. I] in a ravine where he had crawled, there to die and feed the Crows. He was raised up and tenderly cared for. His wounds were serious, but not necessarily fatal if properly looked after...He carries seven scars from as many bullet wounds. There are four back of the foreshoulder, one through a hoof, and one on either hind leg. On the Custer battlefield (actually Fort Abraham Lincoln) three of the balls were extracted from his body and the last one was not taken out until April '77…Comanche is not a great horse, physically talking; he is of medium size, neatly put up, but quite noble looking. He is very gentle. His color is 'claybank' He would make a handsome carriage horse...

FULL STORY

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Is Mexico the right hand we aren't suppose to be seeing while we watch the left hand over seas?

One of the problems in Mexico that is never mention is what the USA and NAFTA did to the Mexican people.

2002: Effect of US policies and NAFTA on farmers in USA and Mexico:

Between 1995 and 2000, the prices US farmers receive for corn declined 33 percent, 42 percent for wheat, and 34 percent for soybeans. No wonder that since NAFTA went into effect 33,000 small farmers in the US have gone out of business— more than six times the pre-NAFTA rate.

In Mexico, the price farmers receive for corn has plummeted 45 percent At least 1.5 million farmers have left their land. 900,000 people leave Mexico's land every year, a U.N. program says. According to a study by Jose Romero and Alicia Puyana carried out for the federal government of Mexico, between 1992 and 2002, the number of agricultural households fell an astounding 75% - from 2.3 million to 575, 000 www.globalexchange.org...

Once the Ag cartel forced Mexican farmers off the land and used ultra cheap American corn to hook the population they dramatically raised the prices causing food riots, and record earnings for Monsanto and Cargill the grain traders.

2007:

How the rising price of corn made Mexicans take to streets

Mexico was ablaze in late January. Just two months after the election of Felipe Calderon as Mexico's President, protests had broken out across the country.

Thousands of people were marching on the main cities calling on their pro-free trade businessman President to halt a phenomenon threatening the lives of millions of Mexicans.

In their hands the protesters clutched cobs of corn, the staple crop that makes tortillas and for many of Mexico's poor the main source of calorific sustenance in an otherwise nutritionally sparse diet.

Over the past three months the price of corn flour had risen by 400 per cent. Despite being the world's fourth largest corn producer and a major importer of supposedly cheap American corn, millions of Mexicans found the one source of cheap nutrition available to them was suddenly out of reach.... www.independent.co.uk...

Much of what is going on around the world can be laid at the door of the greedy banker/corporate Cartels who have no problems killing people through starvation if it means another dollar in their pocket. If you dig deep enough you will usually find the dollar and a banker at the bottom causing the problems.

(Financiers control 85% of Monsanto stock)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thank you for contributing that. That is definitely a problem, and I feel we are really being guided to look the other way. Heck, most people cant even look past their gas and light bill, and their solace of mind numbing American Idol. I only know this because I am guilty myself. Fortunately I am literate and surface for education on occasion.

I would hate to see the 7th subjected to fighting another war for Big Corporate Brother. It would be about as useless as Santa without a sleigh on Christmas eve. The 7th really has to much integrity to be submitted once again for a just cause to useless means.

I do think though we could actually accomplish something a little closer to home if we really wanted too. What scares me is it seems for some reason we 'want too. That is what makes me wonder.... why not?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There is no reason why we can't protect our borders. The government does not want it protected, or they would.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There is no reason why we can't protect our borders. The government does not want it protected, or they would.

I have to agree with you on that, but it does make one wonder why that is? It really is leaving a door open for disaster which sure enough is slowly unfolding every day. It really is a open door for pretty much anything to slip through. Will they wait for a huge disaster before they says oops?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have to agree with you on that, but it does make one wonder why that is?

Frist it seems that Brazil's Economy is BOOMING! www.cbsnews.com...

Next You might want to look at my Ultimate Conspiracy Theory!

It is sort of tongue in cheek but unfortunately it makes sense and answers all the questions! I And I see nothing that refutes it

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

this is a bit off topic but dude people talking crap about the mexican people shouldnt be coming here really p*ss me off. the mexican people have more of a right to be here than most of the us. they are doing nothing different than what the ancestors of the american people did to my ancestors the native indians. to top it all off the native mexican indians were living in parts of the south west usa before your ancestors even go here by boat they should be able to cross the border whenever they want without passports just the same as the native amrican indians should be able to cross into canada and mexico anytime they want without passports.this country is really irritating me with all the race war type bs, now to get onto topic. I do not think they should have ever done away with the horse mounted 7th cavalry. instead of classifying the 7th cavalry and putting them in tanks and whatnot they should have just made a whole different division for them. i think the only mexican people who shouldn't be able to come here are the ones transporting heroin coc aine meth and other hardcore drugs and hit teams offing people. the ones coming here looking to escape the drug wars and muderous cartels in their home country should be more than welcome in this country that their ancestors were apart of so long ago. It would be pretty awesome if they did bring the 7th calvary back to combat the drug cartels bringing their hardcore drugs into this country and hired hit man teams coming here to off targets.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

this is a bit off topic but dude people talking crap about the mexican people shouldnt be coming here really p*ss me off....

SIGHHHHhhhh
Read my SECOND POST before you start flaming please!

You are typical of those who are keeping us from identifying our true enemies so we quit fighting amongst ourselves and attack the REAL problem!

ALL my grandparents were immigrants and no not all of them were "white" However no country can allow uncontrolled immigrations period. If you do you get criminals fleeing the law. I am sure there are lots of American criminals in Mexico too. It goes both ways and it is bad for BOTH countries.

I give the true reason and the true enemy in that second post so READ it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

i wasn't fighting or flaming i just said it p*sses me off.. i was stating a simple easy to find fact about why they should actually be allowed here without people getting p*ssed. i honestly look at it this way. we are all human we were all born on this earth we should be able to go whereever we want when we want without governments and people breathing down our necks saying we cantt without passports and visas or because of the race.if i was flaming you i would have called you names and typing in big caps with exclamation points everywhere but i did not. i think you should calm about and re read what i say instead of atomatically assuming i am flaming. thanks.

Kind Regards
Kurotachi

ETA: By the way I read every post before i post a reply unlike alot of people on this site

edit on 17-12-2010 by Kurotachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's a good Idea, but the 7th cav is probably commited. It is still an active regiment and serving as part of Brigade Combat Teams in Battalion sized units in the 1st Calvary Division in Ft Hood Tx.

1/7 cav (Gary owen) and 2/7 cav should still be mech infantry. and I think 3/7 cav is Air CAV.
I don't think we want these guys on the boarder just yet. Their stuff is designed to kill deadlier enemies.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

How about adding some bloodhounds too?
A blogger states: "I have a friend who used to breed blood hounds. He claims a good hound can track a person driving a car, as long as the window is rolled down. "

Bloodhounds are more sensitive than any chemical sniffing insturment to date and I don't doubt the tracking a car claim

However I do wonder why they are not used in child abduction, robbery or muder investigations* however they are losing another sheep to fleece in the future. It is like a shepard ignoring a wolf picking off his flock.

*Law enforcement has no intention of stopping property or traffic crimes quite the contrary they and the cities they support profit far to much by them to cut off their revinue stream in that way

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurotachi

i wasn't fighting or flaming i just said it p*sses me off.. i was stating a simple easy to find fact about why they should actually be allowed here without people getting p*ssed. i honestly look at it this way. we are all human we were all born on this earth we should be able to go whereever we want when we want without governments and people breathing down our necks saying we cantt without passports and visas or because of the race.if i was flaming you i would have called you names and typing in big caps with exclamation points everywhere but i did not. i think you should calm about and re read what i say instead of atomatically assuming i am flaming. thanks.

Kind Regards
Kurotachi

ETA: By the way I read every post before i post a reply unlike alot of people on this site

edit on 17-12-2010 by Kurotachi because: (no reason given)

Kurotachi, we are now living in age where it is neccesary to have protected borders. With someone coming through illegally, they have no background check, no health check and present a serious danger to our citizens. We have had murderers, thieves, gang members, pedophiles etc. all come over the border. It is not just the nice folks who come across our borders. We have had countless lives lost due to illegal immigrants and our laws not being enforced. All countries have borders and they should be protected for good reasons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join