It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Incest theme in Folger's Commercial?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

... listening to people who don't even understand the concept of subliminal advertising ...

That's really funny coming from you, flightsuit. None of the things you have pointed out in the commercial qualify as subliminal in any normally accepted sense. The most that can be legitimately said about it is that there is some kind of sexual innuendo present. Even then you're skating on very thin ice. People with sex on the brain will find something sexual about everything they look at. If you think this commercial has a sexual subtext, deliberate or not, I think you're reading in something that is not present in the commercial itself. This doesn't mean you're a pervert; alternatively, this could be a variant on the "thank you satan" phenomenon. What I mean is that you were primed by your friend on another board to look at the video and look for the sexual subtext. You went in to the video looking specifically for that, and interpreted it accordingly, seeking out any aspect of the clip that could be interpreted in a sexual way.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Best post in the entire thread.

Bravo bravo.

This poster explains everything in the right way.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I'm aware....just saying .....they'd have to do more than that to get me to change brands...

I was more interested in the girl than the coffee...

you should clik the last link on my sig, I think you'll find familiar info there

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

A lot of things are done for esthetics or to create an emotion. The emotion here was one of longing for the past, or longing to feel complete. It showed the type of loving (not in that way) closeness that many people wish their family had. In todays self centered society this advertising appeals to older people that remember a life like that. It also appeals to younger people that wish they had experienced a loving nurturing family.

This commercial isn't about incest. It is about programming people to think about that loving and nurturing tamily when they think of Folgers. It is supposed to make you reach for Folgers because you believe it will make you feel more complete.

Like I said, if somebody goes looking for the evil messages every where, they will undoubtedly find them.

edit on 18-12-2010 by MikeNice81 because: I need to quit typing and go to bed.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i think this is more of a "morality of the people" question. where are peoples minds now a days? the only reason i see any sexual connection between the brother and sister characters, is the way that they look at each other when the sister says "your my present". the body language seems a little sexual because the emotion behind it is so deep.

do we not have strong, affectionate relationships with our siblings any more? is that why we see their affection for each other sexual? or is it that we are so surrounded and consumed by sex that we see sex in anything?
personally, i think its both.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

Could you make a little experiment for me please? Climb on a high kitchen counter and sit there. I'm serious. And tell me where it is the most comfortable and natural place for you to rest your hands.

(I can't believe I'm actually discussing this, seems a little silly)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

I Googled, "woman sitting on counter" and also, "girl sitting on counter" and saw several stock photos with women with their hands very similar positions.
I also noticed that the question, "What does it mean when a girl is sitting with her hands between her legs mean?" was asked on a different website where the users supply answers. This particular body language seemed to be of great interest to lots of teenage boys & men.

It should be noted that the most popular answer was given by a female that said it means her hands are cold or she is shy or anxious. However one answer referred to a body language expert that claimed that this type of hand placement can also be an unconscious attempt to draw the other persons attention to her genital area. So I guess in the end, unless you can track down the director or the actors we will get no definitive answer.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I guess that maybe you did explain it in a way that may excuse some of the peoples reasons why some corporations advertise the way they do.
But my main question is still this and if you answered it in your post already, im sorry but im only on my 2nd cup of coffee (and it is folgers btw)
What is the basis for the conspiracy here?
Why would folgers want to try and make a connection between buying/drinking their product and having sex or having thoughts of having sex, with your sibling?

Is there a bigger picture here?
Are they trying to get more families to procreate with each other in an attempt to dumb down the country via inbreeding?

Seriously, thats been my question all along.
If this is the image that they are truly trying to portray, then WHY?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

I guess that maybe you did explain it in a way that may excuse some of the peoples reasons why some corporations advertise the way they do.
But my main question is still this and if you answered it in your post already, im sorry but im only on my 2nd cup of coffee (and it is folgers btw)
What is the basis for the conspiracy here?
Why would folgers want to try and make a connection between buying/drinking their product and having sex or having thoughts of having sex, with your sibling?

Is there a bigger picture here?
Are they trying to get more families to procreate with each other in an attempt to dumb down the country via inbreeding?

Seriously, thats been my question all along.
If this is the image that they are truly trying to portray, then WHY?

Again, the operative word is subliminal. If the incest theme is intentional (and that is a big "if"), it's not there because Folger's wants your conscious mind to link their product to the concept of incest. Nor is it there in order to promote or encourage incest. It's there because somebody thinks that if your subconscious mind forms a link between Folger's and eroticism, that will result in you buying more Folger's.
edit on 19-12-2010 by flightsuit because: fixed typo

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

I Googled, "woman sitting on counter" and also, "girl sitting on counter" and saw several stock photos with women with their hands very similar positions.
I also noticed that the question, "What does it mean when a girl is sitting with her hands between her legs mean?" was asked on a different website where the users supply answers. This particular body language seemed to be of great interest to lots of teenage boys & men.

It should be noted that the most popular answer was given by a female that said it means her hands are cold or she is shy or anxious. However one answer referred to a body language expert that claimed that this type of hand placement can also be an unconscious attempt to draw the other persons attention to her genital area. So I guess in the end, unless you can track down the director or the actors we will get no definitive answer.

I shudder to think what kinds of image results you got if your Google Safe Search filters weren't on!

Should I assume the site you're talking about is Yahoo Answers? That site can be a real laugh riot at times, owing to the fact that it's filled with teenagers, many of whom seem quite dumb.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Originally posted by Sparky63

I shudder to think what kinds of image results you got if your Google Safe Search filters weren't on!

Hahahahahahaha! LMAO

Choice comment. Cheers

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is yet another video that completely lays it right in front of your nose about the straight up mind and behavior control that permeates the advertising and entertainment industry.

And it all has to do with one concept.
Demoralization.

I know it's the arrivals, but they do have some killer facts and lay out a case plain as day.

If you want to skip to the meat and potatoes then go to the 6:50 mark.

They show you subliminal messages in advertising.
They show you sexual subliminal messages being drawn into children's cartoons.

I would recommend the entire series if you haven't seen it.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
People's heads are getting more and more screwed up, these days! It's only a television commercial for coffee, and nothing else! It seems there's a wave of paranoia touching just about everything to do with the media these days, and it seems that ads are no longer an exception. Maybe it's time for folk to just relax a little and try getting on with their lives, then perhaps there won't be so much doom and gloom hanging in the air.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Great job of explaining this. I wonder how many people who have been freaking out that this commercial subtly hints at incest will be willing to recognize what is being done to them.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
People's heads are getting more and more screwed up, these days! It's only a television commercial for coffee, and nothing else! It seems there's a wave of paranoia touching just about everything to do with the media these days, and it seems that ads are no longer an exception. Maybe it's time for folk to just relax a little and try getting on with their lives, then perhaps there won't be so much doom and gloom hanging in the air.

You know something? On those rare occasions when a Western journalist is able to interview the typical, average, Chinese citizen on the street who's spent their whole life being indoctrinated and brainwashed by the Chinese government, and the journalist asks that person what they think of the lack of freedom in their country, the person will inevitably give a response that sounds almost exactly like what you just said.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

so what if you are picking up something that the rest of us aren't seeing?don't think it's that bad either way.commercial hasn't affected me in any way.no abnormal behaviour...no nothing.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yeah be careful. Even with '"safe search" turned on you still get some pretty racy images.
Be warned!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost

so what if you are picking up something that the rest of us aren't seeing?don't think it's that bad either way.commercial hasn't affected me in any way.no abnormal behaviour...no nothing.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

Again, subliminal advertising is not there in order to cause abnormal behavior. It is there to cause you to buy the product being advertised.

Obviously, it's not going to work on you in the case of this Folger's commercial, because the matter has been brought to your attention. On the other hand, it's entirely possible there's some other commercial you've been repeatedly exposed to, using subliminal sex to advertise some other product, and that commercial has subtly, and without your knowing it, made you more prone to buy the product being advertised.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Na,adverts in SA aren't that bad that they would use subliminal messaging.Round here humour sells better than anything else.Only exception would be VeriMark....maybe some others I don't know about but I doubt it's as bad as in USA.

Anyway,I still don't believe there was any sibliminal message in this advert.I've given up trying to prove you otherwise.U seem pretty determined on this one so I'll just let it go.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was thinking the original name might have been foldyours. That would have been a little to obvious so they called it folgers. Pretty similar. And every body sing the best part of waking up is foldyours in your cup (your hands). Maybe there is something going on there with the very name of the coffee??

I've always wondered about that Folgers name.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join