It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an "American" and Yes, most Americans are idiots!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can confirm; the majority of Americans are driveling basketcases.

I really can't stand the majority of the populace here because of the pure ignorance they always seem to present.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I save myself the anxiety and not talk to average person about high-minded ideals. Weather, local sports and sex is all the average person likes to talk about. I just accept them as an average person who's doing their best to make it in this world, like all of us and they don't need a know-it-all to tell them otherwise.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

you know youre free to leave right?
dont let the door hit you on the way out

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mk4No1
I save myself the anxiety and not talk to average person about high-minded ideals. Weather, local sports and sex is all the average person likes to talk about.

That's about right. It amazes me that this is the case even with family members of mine who have advanced degrees, are well-travelled etc. etc. etc.

I read an article awhile back that said the average person in this country only reads two books per year and that something like 40% hadn't read a single book in the last year. I was flabbergasted. Then consider the average quality of the books that are read and it's no wonder most people are shallow and ignorant. People need to turn the TV and computer off once in awhile.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
To the OP.............

I do agree with you that stupidity is running amok in this country. However, I believe that you can have very intelligent conversations on a particular topic that is commonplace for people to understand. Some people may know a lot about sports and find that you can have very interesting and intelligent conversations about it. For some people, it may be politics that interests them. You just have to find a commonplace topic that people are interested in.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by blaenau2000
I have stated before that only 20% of Americans have a passport, surely travelling abroad would be a good start, as the american population cant see past their TV.

With what extra $$?

Going north...you've got Canada in pretty close proximity and it's different enough that you know you're somewheres else. Then there's Newfoundland...sublime.

We haven't had more then a 2 day "vacation" in many years! :-( Love to travel.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

yes, I dont think this is an American phenomenon. This is true all around the world. Everywhere people are educated to the minimal extent so as to keep things moving. An average guy who walks out of college does not have any depth of knowledge or atleast understanding of past history of his society, how the economy of the country works, how money is created ? ( what percentage of global population knows this, especially when everybody is supposed to be running after money ?) etc. But they think they know because of the sanitized stories they had been fed in school. If people start discussing religion,philosophy etc then it would lead to instability in the society in the current state of affairs. Another reason could be people who indulge in these topics are considered weird or at least not normal. It is only normal to discuss about sports, car, movies or something else that has already been sanctioned in the media as a topic that could be discussed. Also people do not want to be challenged normally with respect to their beliefs. They are only comfortable with a reinforcement along the lines 'Its okay to be who you are or everything is okay' . They dont want to come out of their cocoons and discussing some topics would really make them uncomfortable so they avoid it and it affects them over a period of time.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i disagree, there are some idiots but show me a country where there are none. if you are babbling about religion and politics to complete strangers and they don't talk much about it then that doesn't mean they are ignorant of these things, it just means that they think you are a weirdo. not everyone has the time to sit around debating different subjects with you all day, especially at work.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
And why does this thread need to be in General conspiracies?
It is a rant thread..
It needs to be in the rant section.

So yes if he is American and does not know the difference in a conspiracy thread and a rant thread..Americans are dumb lol
Each has there own section.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join