It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an "American" and Yes, most Americans are idiots!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Warning: Rant!!!!

I have lived up North in Major Metropolitan areas like Chicago, East NJ, NY and I have also lived down South like in West Tennessee, Augusta, Ga and travel the country working with lots of different caliber of people.

And it sickens me to have to agree with this adage that Yes most Americans are pure idiots.

It is a materialistic, TV-zombified, selfish, and egotistical dumbed down nation. I don't know how this happened and who's to blame, but out of the 40-60 new people I meet a month because of work, I just can't find anyone that doesn't fit this Stereotype.

ANd believe me, I check all the time. In a subtle manner I put hints out there like bait for a fish to see who would like to discuss philosophy, physics, politics, even advanced subjects of Religion, current events and 99% of the time the response is the dumbed down sad puppy look on peoples faces.

It really makes one sick to be living in such a world surrounded by pure sleep-walking sheeple. I just have sympathy and sadness for "them" and wish my darnest I can wake more people up!!!!

Also I think what happened with the Education level in colleges compared to the rest of the world is that these Schools got involved in the Business of Grants/Loans and numbers. Lets get as many students as we can into our school so we can make more money overall and keep them here for all 4 years!!! IF we stupify the courses then we can get more in, more money, and keep them longer. This conspiracy should be looked into.

Its a shame a Country that stands as a world leader in many areas has a very low education average compared to other countries!!!!

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Why would anyone you meet at work want to discuss any of those issues with you?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Its a shame a Country that stands as a world leader in many areas has a very low education average compared to other countries!!!!
A few years ago I read somewhere that in Japan, the leader of the country never makes more then 10% more than the "lowest" paid school teacher. I really dont know how true it is/was...and I know many of you probably dont care about japan, but its the concept that I thought may be worth exploring.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
like it has been written , on the ashes of the old world , the new world ,so shall we rise as the greatest on the ashes of the usa. thereby the dumbing down of usa

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Perhaps you should try topics that are a bit more common place? One can have very intelligent conversations on topics as commonplace as sports, or music...things of that nature.

As for your contention that "most" Americans are idiots? Nope. Sorry, have to disagree. Some? Surely. Most? Not so much.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Just found another one and it was the first reply !!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Most people are idiots...even me...so don't think I'm saying I'm not.

Usually, the smarter one thinks themselves to be, the bigger idiot they are.

Look at your life...are you NOT a slave? Are you a master of your hours and wealth? Are you in control of all you do? Can you grow and hunt your own food, build your own shelter, guide yourself by the stars, fix your own appliances and vehicles?

Can you escape the rat race and live free?

If your answer was no to any of those questions...guess what? You are an idiot...just like me.

Welcome to the conditioned state of the world.

It has nothing to do with your nationality...it has to do with the fact that we have been systematically bred to be stupid and dependent on those who "farm us".

That's my opinion on it all.

MM
edit on 14-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have stated before that only 20% of Americans have a passport, surely travelling abroad would be a good start, as the american population cant see past their TV.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well I guess you dont need to watch this video as it appears you allready know.

I dont belive all Americans are idiots , I am sure lots of them know whats happening around them but are or feel powerless to do anything.

How many times, and in how many ways, do the people of the U.S. need to be told before they will actually believe they are living a lie, that their government is corrupt and that their nation is sick?

There is an old axiom which still stands in a court of law and that is "Ignorance is not an argument for innocence".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

????
Are you saying people at work don't discuss anything with anyone? Thats the implication here from my perspective!!!

People sit and B.S. when they get in early, communal lunch breaks, see each other all at the same bars when they're in there for a few cold ones, cigarette breaks, etc ..... I think I've made my point!!!
______

Perhaps you should try topics that are a bit more common place? One can have very intelligent conversations on topics as commonplace as sports, or music...things of that nature. As for your contention that "most" Americans are idiots? Nope. Sorry, have to disagree. Some? Surely. Most? Not so much.

Tried that too .....
Music? Most only know the last 2 singles being played on the radio or they know Elvis and Michael Jackson. Try talking about The National, Sigur Ros, Bjork, etc and you get the "stupid stare" again.

Sports? Tried that too!!!! Th majority relatively only like they're own home teams, which is quite normal. But once you start breaking down positions and techniques like cover-two, fullback, point guard, center, safety, etc .... you get the stupid stare.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
S & F

Go ahead and rant, I think you are absolutely right.

It's not like I'm a genius or anything, my IQ is somewhere between 135 and 140, but I swear most of the time I feel like I am surrounded by idiots. Thank god my husband is a smart man and my teenage son can hold up his end of a good conversation on just about anything or else I'd go nuts.

I have to agree that our lifestyle is really dumbing us down. We have become lazy. It isn't just about having expensive college education either. It's our capacity for learning and wanting to learn that is so lacking. Most people I meet just give me a blank stare when I start to talk about anything philisophical, like they don't even want to put forth the effort to think.

Our society seems to have become encapsulated and we want to only focus on our immediate surroundings because it's just too difficult to think about anything else. I really don't know what is going on, but it has gotten a whole lot worse just during my lifetime.

I would love to go back to a time when a person had to have some motivation to suceed at anything in life. There is something to be said for natural selection/survival of the fitest. When you take that away, our species/society gets weaker and lazier.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you… Yes, its very sad as well as nerve wrecking to the point of insanity or sometimes very entertaining… lol… I guess depending on a patience level

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Its all in who you choose to surround yourself by and who you allow in your bubble
Hang around with morons.. you get moronic conversations
Im not PC.. nor is the husband. The idiot types dont want anything to do with us... which suits us fine.

One very cool thing is that.. well Im old and I have a teen daughter..... Her friends are amazing to me... truly. These kids are NOT taught much of anything in school yet they educate themselves. They love speaking with my husband and I and learning.. we learn too! I have great hope for the future.. due to this new breed of young person. They have been abandoned by their parents and have basically raised themselves.. they are what my generation SHOULD have been.

Example: one boy who is 20 is a paramedic and has his own home. He is also an army medic reservist. His father has never spoken to him, raised by a single mother who deosnt work and is a welfare queen. This kid broke the chain and is truly awesome. He is a patriot as well.. self educated. He is not a minority among my daughters friends.

My generation is full of idiots.... thank God that we dont choose to surround ourselves or our children with the idiots. We dont have to.. there are plenty of decent thinking people out there is you choose to find them.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I am an American too of very low level education. 9th grade and a GED I now live in S.C. but have been everywhere in the U.S. and some parts of Canada (over the road trucker) I think much of it has to do with trust and not so much being dumb. I have a lot of issues here in S.C. but, I don't think they are dumb. I think they have some issues with Yankees perhaps. When I lived in N.Y. and FL. it was much the same though. If people don't know you well they may be hesitant to express much of themselves and it may make them appear dumb. just sayin

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

dominicus,

Just don't call any idiots. People are taken over in the whole world because all have been dumbed down. What most are now except for the elite are "cashcows", nothing but the elites cashcows, and they are going to milk the herd to death as they believe there is more of us than the earth can sustain without polluting it to extinction. Their solution is, bring the number down to where the earth can survive. They intend to save it for themselves.

It is all a program and they are making it work and docile ones can't stop it.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I would have thought the best way to have a discussion on philosophy is to go to a meet up group with people that want to discuss philosophy

Being in North America you have a ton to choose form
here

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Seems to me that you have a rather narrow interest where music is concerned...

there are other forms of music other than Bjork (whoever that is...), or any of the others you named... You might try asking them what they like? Personally? I prefer BigBand, old Nashville, Rock and Roll from the sixties, and eighties (we won't discuss the seventies...
).

There are many another topic as well...

Why not allow them to bring up a topic...maybe you'll be the one with the "stare"...

Idiocy is in the eye of the beholder, I guess... Lack of common interests doesn't, to me, indicate idiocy...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Also.. being an "idiot" has little to do with education. Ive honestly met some uneducated folks who had more heart and integrity than a college graduate. There is great depth to human beings.. look deeper than you have been, OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It really makes one sick to be living in such a world surrounded by pure sleep-walking sheeple. I just have sympathy and sadness for "them" and wish my darnest I can wake more people up!!!! Also I think what happened with the Education level in colleges compared to the rest of the world is that these Schools got involved in the Business of Grants/Loans and numbers. Lets get as many students as we can into our school so we can make more money overall and keep them here for all 4 years!!! IF we stupify the courses then we can get more in, more money, and keep them longer. This conspiracy should be looked into.

Hear Hear! I hear you. What I mostly see as I walk about in the world are zombies. they are so "connected" to false and fake technologies that they have forgotten that they are a Spiritual Beings.

My daughter went to a major college, a four year course in business management. After brining home almost straight "A"s for all through high school. When she graduated college, we had a big party, and sitting around a fire, me at her side, she turned to me and said, "Dad, you taught me way more than any school every did. School didn't teach me how to live, and let live, or how to love, and be loved. School failed to teach me how to get a job, and keep it once I had it" There was more, but that is the gist of it. This shocked me when I heard it, college meant a rather large investment on my part. She manages a Bob Evan's restaurant now, and hates the people she has working for her. "Bunch of dummies," she calls them.

I too am all about waking people up, that is a major part of my life mission, I am well educated, and well read, and it does me no good at all to sit on all that information. I must impart it on others, so that they too can know. Is this wrong? I don't think so. There were men in the ancient world that did this same thing, they were called "prophets," and "sons of God."

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Dominicus:

Although I can't agree with most *all* of your points by any means, I do agree with this:

Also I think what happened with the Education level in colleges compared to the rest of the world is that these Schools got involved in the Business of Grants/Loans and numbers. Lets get as many students as we can into our school so we can make more money overall and keep them here for all 4 years!!! IF we stupify the courses then we can get more in, more money, and keep them longer. This conspiracy should be looked into.

I've worked as an graduate teaching assistant/instructor/professor in higher education since I was 21.

Now, I am 30-something, so in the past decade-plus, I have seen many disturbing changes in the ways things are handled at even major respected universities. The first signs were in schools that wanted to build their athletic programs. After all, you generate a lot of revenues from that ESPN coverage time, sponsors, etc. Some athletes in my classes weren't performing so I failed them. Then came the calls from athletic advisors, coaches, and the like. " Can't you change his grade?" "You can't do this to him he will be NCAA ineligible.." You get the point.

Later on, even within the departments I taught in, we would have meetings about how important it was to make sure any students succeed because of FTEs.

If you research it even slightly, you will find that student success services are one of the highest growing sector careers within higher education, even among "elite" universities--although their motives may be different to comply with EEO/AA regulations where allowed.

All I have mentioned is only the tip of the iceberg. I have seen with my own eyes the acceptance of the dumbing down of America's college/university students and I don't like it one bit.

ETA: Oh, and in some cases, they'd like to keep you for 5 or 6 years = mo money

edit on 14-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join